Michigan State: What did we learn?

2 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Umm...we have lost small often over Frosts 4 year tenure especially in season 1. I agree the defense has improved, but there is no way it should take more than 4 seasons for a coach that has the resources that Nebraska provides to finish above .500.  At some point we have to stop blaming the players or one assistant here and another there and look at the head coach who runs the team, has hired every single staff member and has brought on all the players he felt he needed. 

Not sure where I said anything contrary to what you said but go on.

This loss is 100% on special teams.  God, they are an abomination.

Giving up a punt return in that situation is like fouling a 3 point shooter at the buzzer in a 4 point game.  It’s like walking 4 straight hitters on 16 pitches with a 1 run lead and 2 outs in the 9th.  It’s stuff that SIMPLY CANNOT HAPPEN!

The offense and defense played their asses off.  The special teams sold them out.  

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, Cdog923 said:

The guy covers up more s#!t on offense than a box of Pampers; at this rate, he's as valuable to this offense as Crouch was in '01. 

I don’t disagree, yet he picks really inopportune times to make critical mistakes. Probably not fair to expect him to cover up the s#!tshow around him. Impossible to overcome the position the coaches and totally inept o line put this team in. I agree, he is the least of the problems and is often a bright spot. Unfortunately that’s not good enough and doesn’t mean d!(k when you can’t get the W’s.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Not sure where I said anything contrary to what you said but go on.

Klatts comments obviously got a lot of attention because we played OU so close, but if he actually looked at the full resume of HCSF he would see we already have been in a position of losing close games since Year 1.  At some point a head coach needs to stop losing the close games and we have not seen that.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Mavric said:

we can't even fair catch a kick..we have to let it roll for some reason.    simple f#&%ing s#!t that high school teams are doing better than the huskers can manage.   a directional punt going away from punt coverage is the icing on the cake.  our guys apparently have no f#&%ing idea what the hell they are suppose to do out there on special teams.    we need someone to spend a lot of time with them this week.  

Just now, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Of course. But over past years, I can't tell you how many times I was called a "Negative Nancy" and told that I need to find a new team to cheer for, etc. One thing I've found about Nebraska fans as a whole is that they don't handle criticism well at all. 

Well I guess it depends on what you think the solutions to fixing these issues are. I don't know what you've said in the past specifically so I can't really say if I would be critical or not. I just know there are some people who think firing Frost is the solution. I disagree with that. But someone should be fired. *cough* Austin *cough*

• Haha 1
Just now, HuskerNation1 said:

Klatts comments obviously got a lot of attention because we played OU so close, but if he actually looked at the full resume of HCSF he would see we already have been in a position of losing close games since Year 1.  At some point a head coach needs to stop losing the close games and we have not seen that.

That's why I said "we've been stuck on losing small".  Everyone knows Frost is coaching for his job.  Frost knows he is.

That's why I asked, can he win enough close games coming up?  I think the D will steal a couple.  They're playing that good.

No sunshine pump here.  I'm just seeing an experienced nearly elite level defense playing their hearts out.  That usually translates to wins.  If it doesn't, Frost is either out or sitting on a sizzling griddle heading into next year.

• Plus1 1

I learned that with 2 TO's, :47 on the clock, no fear of failure Frost lays up to play for OT.  Despite being 105th in Red Zone scoring percentage......So why not use your big TE's, Toure, Betts to try and stretch the field and go for broke on 3 deep throws.....AM is in top 5 for QB's throwing passes 20 yards or more.......BUT we go for OT, to basically start in the Red Zone where analytics show we flat out suck....So yea.  That's on Coach fearless...

TBH, I'd like the new coach to keep Chin and Co.  They have created a B1G defense.  It's built to hit and play smash mouth.  They got some guys who can go sideline to sideline....

The OL is horrific at best.  We have zero RB development.  Held has no idea how to use or develop.  He is a complete waste of a coaching position.

Verduzco, please.......See Ya

Austin-Like Frost, just because you were a former Husker doesn't mean you will succeed here......

Defense played their a$$es off.

Another game that we had that ST's and coaching blew...

• Plus1 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1