Frost needs fired

9 hours ago, HuskerJax said:

Nope. For the first time in years we are seeing progress. Eventually it will translate to wins.  We need to let it progress. It will happen.  Time to hire a special teams coordinator. That has cost us all our losses this year.

The special teams has gotten worse.  The defense has gotten better, but the offense can't put points on the board.  Martinez is still missing some basic throws and not seeing the whole field.  He should have had a TD to a wide open player in OT.  I don't necessarily think Frost should be fired right now, but I don't see how they get a winning season this year and with a new QB next year that has rarely played, I don't see them having a winning season next year.  I don't want the new QB excuse for year 5.  5 years is definitely plenty to see which direction the team is going.

Just now, twofittyonred said:

Is this a rhetorical question..??

No...I don't get it.

All coaches take a job knowing they are getting canned, that is how it works.

So since we (and they) know that, what makes NU a job that coaches would not want?

Crappy division that is easy to win.

Big time conference

Best school in the division by far in terms of recruiting and facilities 

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, twofittyonred said:

I dont want him fired, no one worthy would come here.... what I want is for frost to get a real offensive line coach, get rid of verduzco and hire a real ST coach, and leave the play calling to lubick...

I do not agree that Nebraska cannot land a good coach to right the ship and truly turn this program around. Frost has had 4 years to get a real O line coach and a real ST coach. This is his team and his staff based upon the decisions he made.  If Mike Riley had the record Frost does now, he would have already been fired.  

• Fire 1

7 minutes ago, twofittyonred said:

I dont want him fired, no one worthy would come here.... what I want is for frost to get a real offensive line coach, get rid of verduzco and hire a real ST coach, and leave the play calling to lubick...

What do you mean by worthy? You don't think we can find a coach somewhere in the country who is capable of drilling in the fundamentals? Playing clean football more often than not? You dont think you find a coach from the Saban or Meyer tree? I think plenty of coaches will look at the NU job as a gig that you can consistently compete for B1G titles and represent the West if you are sound and competent. Look at Arkansas, they hired an OL coach as their HC and he has turned them around in a couple years. Was he worthy of that gig? What about someone like Jamey Chadwell at Coastal Carolina? All he has done is turn around programs at practically every level of football. Go throw 10 mil a year at Kiffin and bring him home if you want. Kiffin would eat the B1G West alive. 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

No...I don't get it.

All coaches take a job knowing they are getting canned, that is how it works.

So since we (and they) know that, what makes NU a job that coaches would not want?

Crappy division that is easy to win.

Big time conference

Best school in the division by far in terms of recruiting and facilities 

I agree with what you are saying but you have to wrap that all up in the "stigma tortilla" that has been Nebraska coaching carousel for the last 18 yrs...  

If it were up to me I'd march Frank Solich out at half time next week and bless that field that was cursed when we let him go...  JMO 

6 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

What do you mean by worthy? You don't think we can find a coach somewhere in the country who is capable of drilling in the fundamentals? Playing clean football more often than not? You dont think you find a coach from the Saban or Meyer tree? I think plenty of coaches will look at the NU job as a gig that you can consistently compete for B1G titles and represent the West if you are sound and competent. Look at Arkansas, they hired an OL coach as their HC and he has turned them around in a couple years. Was he worthy of that gig? What about someone like Jamey Chadwell at Coastal Carolina? All he has done is turn around programs at practically every level of football. Go throw 10 mil a year at Kiffin and bring him home if you want. Kiffin would eat the B1G West alive. 

Have we yet...??  If this truly is the case....  why haven't we done it in the last 18 yrs..??

7 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Great post. I think some Husker fans are so in love with Frost's past ties to Nebraska that they are unable to objectively look at his results as a head coach, and they were so invested in him being the only guy that could turn the program around that they now feel nobody else can do it. There are a lot of good football coaches out there for sure.

And for those that think its a program killer to seek new coaches every few years until you find a great one, I think Florida is an interesting program to follow.  After Spurrier, they gave Ron Zook a try and he was not as good (but still finished 14 games over .500) and then they hired Urban Meyer. We all know Meyer delivered great results but then he left and they tried Muschamp and McElwain, two guys that both finished with decent records but not up to Florida standards. They now have Dan Mullen who is 32-10 as the Florida head coach and is doing well. 

• Plus1 1

Give me Monken, Calhoun, maybe Chadwell. Bring a REAL running game back to Lincoln.

Frost is going to lose Alante Brown, one of the better athletes we have, because he wants Falck and Belt out there. What the HECK  Scott? Do you seriously not get this?

We WANTED him to turn it around. But it's not going to happen. Sitting at home during bowl season AGAIN. 5 million dollars. 

22 minutes ago, twofittyonred said:

Have we yet...??  If this truly is the case....  why haven't we done it in the last 18 yrs..??

So we should quit trying? What do you mean by 18 years? We haven't truly sucked until the last 7 years. Sure we got kicked in the crotch with Bo a few times a year but we still beat teams far more often than not. I'm not currently advocating for national titles or bust. I'm simply saying PLENTY of coaches win more than they lose if they play our schedule.

1 hour ago, EngineeringHusker said:

Not too often you find an Erstad who is willing to step down. Of course, he also barely took a paycheck to start with. Frost hasn't had much problem taking his $5 mil a year.

It seems to be a possibility that Frost would be the type to leave over not wanting to let go of assistants and it also seems possible that there will be certain assistants that warrant that request