Frost needs fired

Frost doesn’t need to be canned- - short leash for sure but here’s realistically what we need:

1. fire verduzco- I’m sorry but the lack of development of QBs and options (depth) has not justified his stay.

2. Use the coaching spot above on a full time ST coach- frosty can coach QBs and truly let lubick run offense with frosty input 

3. fire g Austin- and go out and pay top dollar for a strong o line coach. I’d prefer a long time NFL guy simply for assurances there’s a track record of sound fundamentals being taught- at a bare minimum the replacement should have no question marks on the resume 

part of being the CEO is making tough personnel decisions, sometimes at the expense of those you have personal ties to. There’s that saying about how you don’t want to be the smartest in the room and surround yourself with those who will elevate your game by being better in certain areas- frost has woefully failed in this department electing to surround himself with those who are clearly lacking in the skill/experience needed at this level. There’s a fine balance between justified loyalty and blind loyalty- frosty seems to fall in the latter here and will be the driver of his downfall if not corrected 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

I said he needed fired last night, but I'm kinda cooling on that idea now. We are soooo damn close to being 5-0 or 4-1 right now it's frustrating. Special teams cost us two wins against Top 25 teams along with our constant penalties on the O-line. Frost needs to fix those two areas IMMEDIATELY and I think we can keep up with any team we've got on the schedule. This team is so damn close in several ways and it's frustrating to watch as a fan. FIX IT FROST! 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

I said this when Riley was here and now I will say it with Frost. Good coaches are able to make improvements in the overall record within 3-4 years of getting hired. Frost hasn't done that. I have been a Frost supporter, but the continued trend of finding ways to lose is on him and his staff. I think NU can win a few games the rest of this year, but dang they make it hard on themselves to do so. 

• Plus1 1

Nope, for all the obvious continuity reasons, we can't /shouldn't fire Frost right now.  And yes, most anywhere else he' be gone, but this isn't anywhere else.  This is where we've gone through coaches like (insert favorite equivalent here).  

I would hope that Trev does demand a change to Special Teams and I'd be for sending Austin packing right now.  Change is needed, soon.  But not Frost.  Not yet.

23 minutes ago, Tom Brokejaw said:

Nope, for all the obvious continuity reasons, we can't /shouldn't fire Frost right now.  And yes, most anywhere else he' be gone, but this isn't anywhere else.  This is where we've gone through coaches like (insert favorite equivalent here).  

I would hope that Trev does demand a change to Special Teams and I'd be for sending Austin packing right now.  Change is needed, soon.  But not Frost.  Not yet.

Continuity is only needed if the program is actually making progress. Frost's teams find ways to lose in the most amazing ways in year 4 as they did in year 1. That shouldn't happen. What progress has Frost shown in the 3 1/2 years he has been here? What makes you think that Frost is going to be able to change the trajectory of this program?

• Fire 1
2 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Continuity is only needed if the program is actually making progress. Frost's teams find ways to lose in the most amazing ways in year 4 as they did in year 1. That shouldn't happen. What progress has Frost shown in the 3 1/2 years he has been here? What makes you think that Frost is going to be able to change the trajectory of this program?

Holey.

Moley.

2 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Start by fixing special teams and the o-line? 

4 hours ago, chamrocck said:

Bob Stoops. Solves most our problems. Money talks. I don’t buy the argument Nebraska can’t hire a big time coach. We need to seriously ask ourselves. Do we want to play elite football? Or not? It’s that simple.

It is that simple. Throw 2 million/year to Herman to be OC/QB coach.  Throw Chadwell that kind of money as well for the same position.  He currently makes $850k.....Or to be HC.....If he wont come offer his Co-OC/QB coach Willy Korn (who also does ST's)

• Haha 1

When it comes to Special Teams- failures. I've seen this before. Mostly from teams that think they can outscore and outscheme their opponents on offense. Usually coached by an offensive minded coach with lots of plays, lots of nuances that just eats up all the practice time. This could be part of the issue. HOW COULD IT NOT BE FOUR YEARS OF THIS CRAP :bang

Since both offensive and defensive players play on Special Teams- any investment in Special Teams- coaching, reps, implementation- eats into that valuable Offensive Practice time. Teams like this were often times really bad in Special Teams, that impacted how we played them. Onside Kicks, Fake Punts were in order. They would usually blow up like we do- missed PATS, no Field Goal game, punting game would stink etc

Just think about some great Special Teams teams like K- State under Snyder. They knew they werent going to steam roll anyone on offense- they were great at Special Teams. Same for Iowa- yeach.

5 hours ago, chamrocck said:

Bob Stoops. Solves most our problems. Money talks. I don’t buy the argument Nebraska can’t hire a big time coach. We need to seriously ask ourselves. Do we want to play elite football? Or not? It’s that simple.

Seriously, why would Stoops want to come out of retirement and come to Nebraska??:dunno  Maybe to coach in the Big 10??  But would his offensive style be good in Big 10? May if he brought his former D coordinator who has been at Clemson all these years it might be successful. But Mid Game Bob didn't have the greatest Ds before his retirement - relying too much on his brother Mike.   Yes,   I agree having a big name, who can recruit and bring together an experienced P5 assistants would be great. 

I want instant results, i want to win.  I want to shut these stupid iowa fans up like Headley, JJ and BRI can attest to.  I want frost fired i want him gone i want it fixed now.  But weve done that, time and time and time and time and time again and it just doesnt work.  Scott may be the problem but he needs to become the solution.  Or we need to just grin and bear what we have until its the right time.  It is not the right time for this, i dont think anyone would blame us but its been to soon.  Most major old school football programs are struggling right now.  Lets go down the list, Miami, USC, Michigan, Florida St, Texas, Florida.  Alot of those teams are in hot places where recruiting is not hard.  So what they do is go through coach after coach after coach and nothing happens.  Now maybe they had bad coaches but it is also possible then those folks were never given enough time to move things in the right direction.  Even at our best we only won national titles 3 years of coach osborns 25 year head coach tenure.  Some might call that a failure, others who have never experienced that call it fantastic.  And he did much more in his time than most coaches will ever do.  We may be fooling ourselves thinking we could ever have that again.  Hell it could never happen again, but with all of that comes time.  We need to give someone time. It sucks but we do.

If his name was Mike Riley or anyone else you’d be convinced he needs to be fired. But because his name is “Frost” we’re “so close”. Pathetic. 4 years of this trash staff and you still haven’t seen enough to make a judgement call? Week zero was a massive red flag/precursor to this season. 

• Plus1 2