Frost needs fired

8 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I have seen improvement, but Frost was hired to win titles and not make marginal improvements resulting in moral victories.  I don't believe in just coincidences that we consistently find a way to lose close games.  We keep hearing we are close, but at some point the team has to actually get wins.  If we took a poll when Frost was hired and asked what percent of fans felt Frost would not have a single winning season in 4 years, I would venture to guess that less than 10% would have agreed.  We are on a path to finishing without a winning season...AGAIN.  

The real conundrum is that the inconsistency is not just with the players but also this staff.  Every close game many fans are scratching their heads on play calling and game management.  I have no idea why Frost and Lubick did not run the option or use plays to keep the defense honest in the entire first half.  We essentially took a half off from playing with urgency and the fire in the belly that we say against Northwestern.  

This was a complete rebuild. We've been one score in 3 games with what will all be top 10 teams this season. It's absolutely nuts to want Frost gone at this point. Personnel changes, sure, but this team is night and day from where it was last year or 3 years ago.

Frost's play calling has been excellent since the Illinois game, and tonight his plan was working until we turned it over. We did the same as UM, pounding it early and wearing them down. Did you not see the big runs popping in the second half for both teams? I mean you can b!^@h about a handful of plays here or there but he had a good defense on their heels in the second half. We score 29 points in a half against the #9 team!

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

I have seen improvement, but Frost was hired to win titles and not make marginal improvements resulting in moral victories.  I don't believe in just coincidences that we consistently find a way to lose close games.  We keep hearing we are close, but at some point the team has to actually get wins.  If we took a poll when Frost was hired and asked what percent of fans felt Frost would not have a single winning season in 4 years, I would venture to guess that less than 10% would have agreed.  We are on a path to finishing without a winning season...AGAIN.  

The real conundrum is that the inconsistency is not just with the players but also this staff.  Every close game many fans are scratching their heads on play calling and game management.  I have no idea why Frost and Lubick did not run the option or use plays to keep the defense honest in the entire first half.  We essentially took a half off from playing with urgency and the fire in the belly that we say against Northwestern.  

Baby steps.  Titles don’t come day one. Culture change is hard.  This team doesn’t quit like it did 4/5 years ago 

• Plus1 1

NU has been playing pretty good ball this year just not a lot of wins. Should be able to get at least to 4-5 wins total which I think gets Frost another year or two. I thought going into the year the only way Frost gets canned is if things fall apart catastrophically and they only get 3 wins or less which I don't see happening.

If nothing else, your posts are amazingly entertaining.

Well....kinda 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, ZRod said:

This was a complete rebuild. We've been one score in 3 games with what will all be top 10 teams this season. It's absolutely nuts to want Frost gone at this point. Personnel changes, sure, but this team is night and day from where it was last year or 3 years ago.

Frost's play calling has been excellent since the Illinois game, and tonight his plan was working until we turned it over. We did the same as UM, pounding it early and wearing them down. Did you not see the big runs popping in the second half for both teams? I mean you can b!^@h about a handful of plays here or there but he had a good defense on their heels in the second half. We score 29 points in a half against the #9 team.

I don't think anybody can argue that the team is more competitive, but at some point we need to see wins. When you say personnel changes, I think that is not just the staff but also some of the starters including Martinez if he were to consider returning next year.  We need to give others a chance who may be more reliable in clutch situations.

As for the play calling, I really think Frost and Lubick had their worst play calling in the first half (since the Illinois game).  We went away from the option and did not spread out Michigan's defense.  This got us in a 13-0 hole at half which was simply too much to overcome against a top-10 team. If they had better play calling like we saw against NW for the entire 4 quarters I really think Nebraska would have won this game.  

Anybody calling for Frost to be fired needs to STFU. You apparently have no idea where this program has been and can’t discern obvious improvement. Real brainiac move to start over again at this point when things are so close. You want to give up and walk away, fine, good actually, but don’t contribute to setting the  program back again.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 2
3 minutes ago, Huskinator said:

Baby steps.  Titles don’t come day one. Culture change is hard.  This team doesn’t quit like it did 4/5 years ago 

I don't think anyone was expecting a division title in Years 1, 2 or 3, but I do think many thought we would have one (or finish a close 2nd) by year 4.  Also, I do not believe many fans felt we were hiring Frost to take super small baby steps.  Now perhaps that is on us as fans for having too high of expectations.  Perhaps the team will surprise us all and finish 4-1 and end with a winning season.  Let's hope!

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Dogs In A Pile said:

Should be able to get at least to 4-5 wins total which I think gets Frost another year or two. I thought going into the year the only way Frost gets canned is if things fall apart catastrophically and they only get 3 wins or less which I don't see happening.

On what planet is going sub .500 in year 4 not a catastrophic failure? That isn’t even on Lovie Smith’s level. God the expectations of this program are pathetic. 

• Plus1 2

3 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I don't think anybody can argue that the team is more competitive, but at some point we need to see wins. When you say personnel changes, I think that is not just the staff but also some of the starters including Martinez if he were to consider returning next year.  We need to give others a chance who may be more reliable in clutch situations.

As for the play calling, I really think Frost and Lubick had their worst play calling in the first half (since the Illinois game).  We went away from the option and did not spread out Michigan's defense.  This got us in a 13-0 hole at half which was simply too much to overcome against a top-10 team. If they had better play calling like we saw against NW for the entire 4 quarters I really think Nebraska would have won this game.  

Did you not notice that Michigan was playing corners and OLBs close to the edge to protect against the option plays? That's why we were pounding the middle, then loosened them up with passes before you saw the edge game started working. Michigan ain't Northwestern... There's no way we are gashing them on the edge play after play like the kitty cats.

3 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

On what planet is going sub .500 in year 4 not a catastrophic failure? That isn’t even on Lovie Smith’s level. God the expectations of this program are pathetic. 

When you literally have the toughest schedule in FBS and lose 3 games to soon to be top 10 teams by a score each, and have 2 more potential top 5 teams to play.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2