Frost needs fired

8 minutes ago, twofittyonred said:

Nebraska lost to Illinois that is 2-5 by 8 points...  Are we just working with funny math here or were you trying to make a point..??

Yeah, in the opener.  As stated before, if you actually use some brain cells to look at everything they've done since that game, it's clear they've played at a different level.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I'd like to go 7-5 and beat an undefeated Iowa in week 12. 

Do not test the football gods.

Did you ever hear the tragedy of Frosty the Iceman? I thought not. It's not a story the fanbase would tell you. It's a football legend. Iceman was the Huskers QB in '97 so powerful and fast. He could truck any defender. He had such a knowledge of the option he could fake the pitch with the best of them. The option was a pathway to many championships some would consider to be a dynasty. He became so powerful the only thing he feared was falling behind to Missouri, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately he sold all his karma to the football god's for come from behind for win. Wiggins and Davison saved him, and he scored the go ahead TD in OT. Ironic. He can never come from behind to win again...

• Plus1 1
18 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I'd like to go 7-5 and beat an undefeated Iowa in week 12. 

From this point forward we've gotta play like a team on a mission. Gotta win the next two, no ifs, ands, or buts. We can't afford a letdown. If we win those two, I have confidence that we will win at least one of the last three and will go bowling, with a lot of confidence and buzz going into next year. 

45 minutes ago, Redux said:

Yeah, in the opener.  As stated before, if you actually use some brain cells to look at everything they've done since that game, it's clear they've played at a different level.

awww... how cute... if you used some brain cells you wouldn't be twisting numbers to make your point....  and when did I say that they haven't been playing on a different level..??  seems there is an issue with making things up to prove a point..?? 

• Plus1 2
8 minutes ago, twofittyonred said:

awww... how cute... if you used some brain cells you wouldn't be twisting numbers to make your point....  and when did I say that they haven't been playing on a different level..??  seems there is an issue with making things up to prove a point..?? 

None of those numbers are twisted, you're the only one pretending that the Illinois loss is comparable to the other 3.  It's called perspective and yours is clearly askew out of disappointment.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
5 minutes ago, twofittyonred said:

How is he twisting numbers? He stated a fact. We've lost to our last 3 opponents by a combined 13 points and those 3 opponents are a combined 18-0. Seems like factual information that can't be twisted. You act like this is just nonsense but frankly its useful information. People look at margin and opponent record all of the time to help determine the strength of a team. 

1 hour ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

If they are the best we currently have is that good? lol 

Are they the best or are they 6 yr seniors who get the benefit of the doubt with their starting jobs.  Farmer has looked good in a lot duty. 
With another year of development, with those behind them be as good or better?   It’s not like they have a history of being 1st or 2nd team all conference type players.  

JoJo is the one NU will miss the most IMO.  A focused CTB will be tough to replace too.  The early in the year version, not so much. 

• Plus1 1

27 minutes ago, ndobney said:

Honestly I don't think it has anything to do with Frost it has everything thing to do with Adrian Martinez who is a choke artist

Who puts him on the field? Who has failed in year 4 to have another guy ready?  That's all on the coach. Adrian has been much better than the last 2 seasons but to not take a portal guy and keep recruiting projects isn't the best fix that's needed. Yant was pulled after 1 bad play

24 minutes ago, Redux said:

None of those numbers are twisted, you're the only one pretending that the Illinois loss is comparable to the other 3.  It's called perspective and yours is clearly askew out of disappointment.

That kid is just a bitter boy who thinks this turn around is easy.  

I go back to the hiring of Frost…. Everyone, and I mean everyone, said give him time it isn’t an easy flip.   Year 4 are we staring down a losing season possibly? Yes!!!  Year 4 are we looking at a different team then we’ve had on any of our previous 3 coaches?   Yes!!!!!  A suh lead team was the last time I had this much excitement watching a game. Our defense is playing hard, our offense is finding ways to make plays, our special teams were terrible but have pulled it together.   This team has improved in every faucet of the game (except the final winning drive like every time).  

frost is improving this team and it saddens me that haters can’t see it.  

I guess I’m quoting you to tell you, ignore haters like that child.   He’s an angry little leprechaun. 

6 minutes ago, man eating mastodon said:

Who puts him on the field? Who has failed in year 4 to have another guy ready?  That's all on the coach. Adrian has been much better than the last 2 seasons but to not take a portal guy and keep recruiting projects isn't the best fix that's needed. Yant was pulled after 1 bad play

No it isn't Frost fault he is the best player we have at QB for now. There is no way Frost could tell Adrian was going to become one of the all time greatest choke artist. At this point you continue to build which we are and hopefully Smoothers will be able to finish games. If we had a QB that was able to finish games we would be 7-0 right now.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Nebgreen said:

Firing Frost would simply communicate to the rest of the college football world that Husker fans are impatient a-holes who expect 12-0 seasons every year.  

I'm not on the fire frost bandwagon but statements like this are ridiculous. Frustrated fans aren't expecting 12-0 seasons they lowered the bar so much all they're asking is he goes 6-6. The season isn't over yet and its still possible he goes 6-6 or better but Frost is 3.5 years in and his best wins are moral victories.

• Thanks 1

Teams like Nebraska win in most of the statistics except for one, wins and losses. Iowa loses in many (ok, except for turnovers) of the statistics, except one, wins and losses. The Nebraska players have skill and plenty of heart, but where it really lacks in in the coaching staff. You guys are not wrong in wanting change, even if it is just with some assistants. If that does not work, Frost may have to go. They played well and deserved to win last night.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2