Frost needs fired

16 minutes ago, methodical said:

At this point I'm convinced that the people that want to see him fired are the same ones that have set this program on the path it's been on for 18 years now.  Stability is going to be far better then pretending we can hire Saban from Bama and instantly be NC contenders or something equally as make-believe.  I sure hope Trev has the stones to tell the fans calling for firings where they can stick their opinions on the coaching staff.

Trev has expectations. I'm guessing he won't fire Frost this year, as Frost is meeting his expectation of playing hard and playing good teams down to the wire. Beating teams like Purdue, Minny, NW also fit into the incremental progress Trev wants to see. Eventually the progress will move forward to where we are bowling and competing for division titles - or progress will cease. Trev  won't keep Frost around just to keep him around, it will be earned. If Frost keeps it up, he will have earned next year. 

Saban knows, and T.O. knew to give credit to the team in victory and coaches take credit for a loss.  That's how you become a coach with NCs under your belt.   Frost has never taken credit for not having players ready for big moments.  Ever.  Not once in 4 years.

• Plus1 1
34 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Next week will be a big progress game for me. You got a guy in Fleck that out coached you the last two years, he’s got a hot and cold team, but had two weeks prepare for you. Get the win and it gives me more confidence that the close losses are signs of progress. 

But you were unable to discern the obvious progress last night, a week ago and in the Oklahoma game? Interesting.  But I guess you did say “get the win and it gives me more confidence”. It would seem to be an overly simplified manner of recognizing progress that really is only recognizing results. Anybody can look at a W-L record. Hopefully Trev doesn’t use your method but actually does see the progress.

3 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Trev has expectations. I'm guessing he won't fire Frost this year, as Frost is meeting his expectation of playing hard and playing good teams down to the wire. Beating teams like Purdue, Minny, NW also fit into the incremental progress Trev wants to see. Eventually the progress will move forward to where we are bowling and competing for division titles - or progress will cease. Trev  won't keep Frost around just to keep him around, it will be earned. If Frost keeps it up, he will have earned next year. 

Frost's "expectations" aren't any less than Trev's.

• Plus1 1
16 minutes ago, ndobney said:

The only thing Frost did poorly last game was his first half play calling otherwise he actually outcoached Michigan. We could have blownout Michigan but you have got to take it out of Adrian Martinez hands in crunch time cause we all know how that plays out. Need to start looking at getting a different QB in there for a two min offense cause we now know Martinez is not an option, but unfortunately for Nebraska Cornhuskers no one is going to listen to me which is a shame

JFC. Give it a break. It’s annoying and wrong. You should feel bad and ashamed. Quit spouting nonsense.

• Thanks 2
  • Fire 1

It's too bad this thread is still getting discussed.

I'm very curious to see how the team bounces back next week against Minnesota, but it's a really hard argument that Nebraska hasn't improved from the Week 0 dud against Illinois. And it's a really hard argument that they haven't improved from last year, or 2019, or 2018. 

It's funny, because all under Bo Pelini we clamored for a team that would take Oklahoma, Michigan State, Michigan - Top 10 teams - down to the wire. 

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, It'sNotAFakeID said:

It's too bad this thread is still getting discussed.

I'm very curious to see how the team bounces back next week against Minnesota, but it's a really hard argument that Nebraska hasn't improved from the Week 0 dud against Illinois. And it's a really hard argument that they haven't improved from last year, or 2019, or 2018. 

It's funny, because all under Bo Pelini we clamored for a team that would take Oklahoma, Michigan State, Michigan - Top 10 teams - down to the wire. 

And that is why this losing record is better than Pelini’s signature 9 wins. Seriously. Some people don’t get it and never will. They only want to see a good record, not actually, really compete with top ten teams. Most knowledgeable fans my a$$.

• Plus1 2
4 minutes ago, Decked said:

I’m not happy but at least content from yesterday. However, If we don’t beat Minnesota can the moral victory s#!t & and we are getting better crap it’s time for Frost to clear his desk. 

Where and who is claiming moral victories? Some people, my self included, are seeing significant progress from where this program has been for a very long time. That’s not claiming a moral victory. It is seeing reality and recognizing that the wins will come with this system and staff. Don’t be one to help re-f#&% it up.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
38 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

But you were unable to discern the obvious progress last night, a week ago and in the Oklahoma game? Interesting.  But I guess you did say “get the win and it gives me more confidence”. It would seem to be an overly simplified manner of recognizing progress that really is only recognizing results. Anybody can look at a W-L record. Hopefully Trev doesn’t use your method but actually does see the progress.

I was frustrated last night, but have seen progress. I think it needs to culminate with  beating poor-average teams. Losing to Purdue or Minny would negate losing close to good teams. 

6 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I was frustrated last night, but have seen progress. I think it needs to culminate with  beating poor-average teams. Losing to Purdue or Minny would negate losing close to good teams. 

I would agree. Losing to either of those would be a very concerning step backwards. Sort of how the Illinois loss has given a black eye to the 3 best games this team has played in Frost’s tenure. Have to find/make a way over the hump and around the corner.

45 minutes ago, B1GRED said:

Saban knows, and T.O. knew to give credit to the team in victory and coaches take credit for a loss.  That's how you become a coach with NCs under your belt.   Frost has never taken credit for not having players ready for big moments.  Ever.  Not once in 4 years.

Yea I don't think thats even true.

• Plus1 1

Honestly I think if we had an offensive line that was Junior and senior we would be winning all these football games. That's not a knock on the offensive line because I do feel that they are giving 100% And they are playing to the best of their ability right now but the difference between a freshman and Senior is light years. It would have been nice if Martinez had a senior offensive line this year

• Plus1 1

One of the biggest things for me is that we compete with good teams consistently. A lot of teams can get up or get lucky for a ranked team Matchup here and there. But these boys going toe to toe week in and week out. It’s not a flash in the pan. It’s legit good and it’s legit consistent. I’ll also say, I don’t think we necessarily have all world freak athletes at many positions on the field, which means I think a lot of this is coaching and relationships and culture and buy in.  Has me pretty excited for the future. I’ll say it again.  Scott stays. Hopefully all of the coaches he chooses to keep stay as well. 

• Plus1 3
26 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

Where and who is claiming moral victories? Some people, my self included, are seeing significant progress from where this program has been for a very long time. That’s not claiming a moral victory. It is seeing reality and recognizing that the wins will come with this system and staff. Don’t be one to help re-f#&% it up.

If we go 3-5 can it with the we are getting better crap. That’s all Im saying. Im at a steady holding state currently.