Frost needs fired

9 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

How is he twisting numbers? He stated a fact. We've lost to our last 3 opponents by a combined 13 points and those 3 opponents are a combined 18-0. Seems like factual information that can't be twisted. You act like this is just nonsense but frankly its useful information. People look at margin and opponent record all of the time to help determine the strength of a team. 

seems pretty basic... when your trying to prove a point but then eliminate the "margins and opponent" that disprove that point... its twisting numbers...  if his are good then why are not mine..??

25 minutes ago, ndobney said:

I don't know how you put any blame on anyone but Martinez at this point?

Lack of 2 minute drill.....Play calling.....Sitting Yanimal for missing an assignment.......O line giving him limited protection.....There is a lot of folks to blame.  A lot share some responsibility in these losses.  And wins

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
30 minutes ago, lo country said:

Lack of 2 minute drill.....Play calling.....Sitting Yanimal for missing an assignment.......O line giving him limited protection.....There is a lot of folks to blame.  A lot share some responsibility in these losses.  And wins

Lack of a two min drill is completely on Adrian Martinez. Play calling I can agree with 1st half of last game. But last game and 2nd half not many can do it better. O line also needs to improve but they are young and I would fire the o line coach before firing the head coach and start from scratch. As for "Yanimal" that's called discipline Tom Osborne used to do the same thing. If you have read what others are saying about us nationally they think we are a top 25 quality team and on the verge of breaking out

1 hour ago, ndobney said:

Lack of a two min drill is completely on Adrian Martinez. Play calling I can agree with 1st half of last game. But last game and 2nd half not many can do it better. O line also needs to improve but they are young and I would fire the o line coach before firing the head coach and start from scratch. As for "Yanimal" that's called discipline Tom Osborne used to do the same thing. If you have read what others are saying about us nationally they think we are a top 25 quality team and on the verge of breaking out

For the record, I am not on the fire Frost train. I want and hope he succeeds.  Truly.  If he goes bowling he is safe. If not, I would think Trev would give him the Solich option.  ie have some staff move on.  No doubt there is improvement.  A less talented UM beats us 56-10 IIRC in 2018.......

Too the bolded, I have called for benching since Frost has been here.  Sadly, other than AM and Benhart, I don't remember this as a regular thing.  During the game, I think it was Molly McGrath talking about Allen saying Frost was being a lot tougher, more disciplined and I think she even said angry....I think this speaks to Frost realizing what needs to be done.  Some guys need a boot up their a$$.....

We are also losing by less......But it's still losing. And 5-16 in one score games.  0-4 this season.  So we have been close a lot.  Each year.....And have only won 25% of those. That's what has me concerned.  Had started a thread about improving, but....What do we need to do to at least go 50-50 in these games.  Right now, historically with the record in one score games, Frost ranks 844 out of 869 that qualify with at least 10 games.....The look on his face on that fumble said it all.....WTF else can I do look.....

TBH, I'd like to see us bring in a truly dedicated and experienced OC.  Let Frost be and grow into the HC position.  Having to work with the OL in year 4 is ridiculous.  Admirable, but takes away from other duties as well.  Too AM and his mistakes, I'd jettison Verduzco like a torpedo.....Bring up Bill Busch as ST coach and recruiter.  I'd probably have Held hit the bricks as well.  And Austin.  

And play calling in the 2nd half was good.  As was last week.  I would love to see who actually called what series or plays....I wonder if having Lubbick calling plays helps or hurts.  Are they in the same page. Is Frost calling something to set something up and then Lubbick calls something else to set up his next series....I don't know.  Like Nelson said, just sick if being "this close".

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, ndobney said:

One thing Frost has done the past few weeks is begin to lay into the players more for making mistakes and we are finally seeing him increase accountability.  I loved that he made changes to the O-line for the NW game.  These are the types of tough decisions a head coach needs to make.  You are right that TO did this regularly including his first title game where he benched Frazier for Berringer.  We saw Lincoln Riley do the same yesterday in the epic OU/Texas game (if you didn't watch it, I would recommend finding a replay of it).  

I do hope Frost continues to hold all players accountable and put some on the bench, and this can include Martinez if he is struggling in any future games.  While I believe it's important for the team to play loose, they also must have some fear of a consequence if they screw up too often.

• Plus1 2

Without a doubt the team is far more competitive than it has been in quite some time.  Let's hope that this fact alone will finally put to rest the ridiculous notion that our struggles originate with recruiting.

In terms of game results, the history that this staff has amassed in 3 1/2 years should be evidence enough that this is not a string of misfortune.  A program does not lose 16 out of 21 one score games due to unforeseen misfortune.  Similarly, an 0-10 mark against Top Ten teams is also not the result of bad luck. 

Make no mistake, the staff will receive a 5th year so any talk of coaching change is premature.  That said, and as I have maintained all along, failure to reach a bowl game for the 5th straight year will start the clock on the end of this Coach's tenure in 2022. Seeing Coach Frost's reaction to the Martinez fumble, the end of his time here may actually come as a relief.

• Plus1 1

As a fan, I am frustrated. As someone standing on the outside and looking at the deal without emotion clouding judgements, you would have to say that Nebraska’s season has been extremely productive. I remember a time that losses suffered by Nebraska were to teams with impressive resumes. After the opener, Nebraska has fought hard against three such teams. They haven’t laid off or suffered a hang over yet. We continue to develop. I am saying wins are locked in for the next two. I had us winning against MU in a very tight one. We lost in that fashion but we continue to bring it. No predictions of a grand finish here. We lost one we should have had to open. And to get to a bowl, we will probably need to win a game we should not. Best case that’s Wisky, but we know Camp Randall is no joke and they have our number. Just wait and see at this point. Not ready to talk off-season moves. Get through this season first. 

10 hours ago, twofittyonred said:

seems pretty basic... when your trying to prove a point but then eliminate the "margins and opponent" that disprove that point... its twisting numbers...  if his are good then why are not mine..??

No one said yours weren't good. We s#!t the bed against Illinois. The last 3 games we are better than we were in week 0. I think thats pretty obvious to anyone with eyes. No numbers neccessary.

• Plus1 2
9 hours ago, hskrfan4life said:

I'm just worried this doesn't go into a tail spin after once again being so close.

I saw it pointed out that we got pretty beat up - including probably losing Teddy - while Minnesota had a bye week.  And we have to go there for our eighth straight game.  Hopefully we can keep up the intensity then have a week to rest up.