Frost needs fired

4 minutes ago, lo country said:

I would say a few factors:

Healthier

Better OL

Better receivers

IMHO, he is playing better than the previous 2 years......Still misses seeing open guys.  I think this is a result of feeling pressure and realizing unless he plans to read and rip, he can get through 2 progressions at the most.  When he has time in the pocket and not feeling pressured, he does great.  Looks all world.  If our record was 5-2 or better, unsure if we have this discussion.

Agree. 

It’s so much that the team is starting to come together….along with some luck with him being staying healthy. 

One thing  I continue to see is people pointing out…he overthrew this receiver or didn’t see this receiver. He’s not perfect but, there isn’t such a thing as a perfect college QB. Nobody has 98% completion only because of drops by the WR. No, he’s not great in crunch time. But, against Michigan, he brought us back to win twice. Just not the last time. 

But, the offense is much better than last year and he’s better than his freshman year. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nebraska55fan said:

Nope- the Michigan game they ran all those inside zone- inside zone read plays- for little gain- to set up the ONE nice play action throw to Allen for the TD and the Martinez keeper.  IN College football to set a team up- you don't run the set up run play 2-3 times- you throw away 10-15 of them :D

Sorry but you do not hold back the playback and wait to open up the offense for an entire half, spotting a top 10 team a 13-point lead.  The 1st half playcalling was a major mistake that could have been prevented.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1
10 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I don't think he'll be fired this year unless he loses the team and they stop fighting. 

Next year will be all about the wins and the losses for him.

While I really think this year should be about wins and losses, it likely may not kick in until next year. Given Nebraska had its easiest schedule in a decade next season, we should expect a minimum of 8 wins and more likely 9 wins. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
4 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Sorry but you do not hold back the playback and wait to open up the offense for an entire half, spotting a top 10 team a 13-point lead.  The 1st half playcalling was a major mistake that could have been prevented.

I totally agree with you. I was being sarcastic= another poster has been adamant about running lots of Inside Zone to "set up" the 2 TDs Allen and Martinez

You dont need to run it 10-15 times to set up the complementary play. :)

• Plus1 1

41 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

I totally agree with you. I was being sarcastic= another poster has been adamant about running lots of Inside Zone to "set up" the 2 TDs Allen and Martinez

You dont need to run it 10-15 times to set up the complementary play. :)

Ok I have not looked at all the posts and was beginning to wonder if you were just playing around.  Glad you confirmed. Sometimes it's hard to know as some of the posts can be pretty outlandish on here.  

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

That seems to be downplaying the fact that there are 10 other teammates on the field

That seems to be downplaying the mistakes AM has made that are many times independent of the actions of his team mates, fumbling, throwing into double coverage, not taking an easy first down running with lots of green= instead holding onto the ball and taking a sack, overthrowing swing passes or wide open medium length throws etc It isn't all on the QBs, but when you resolve him of all or most of his mistakes- it isn't credible or helpful to him either. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Nebraska55fan said:

Looks like the very same thing happened to Vedral  0-2. 

You keep insisting that a guy that had no Power 5 offers out of high school but is now as starting Power 5 QB after spending three years with this staff is somehow a failure.  There is noting to back this up other than you want it to be true.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

Going back to T-Magic, then YOLO TA and now AM(minus 2021) we had QB's averaging about 1/2+ INT's to TD's....  Our QB's in these big or bust offenses have a pretty high INT rate.  It hasn't just been AM.....This year he has 9 TD's to 3 INT's.....His best ratio to date 7 games in.  He, like this team, has problems, but he is not THEE problem.  Looking at T-Magic and AM, both have led the nation in fumbles (or close to it) each of their years.....That is a problem.  But how do you fix it.  Just read an article that UM practiced going after the ball.

“In practice all week, every single day, we practiced punching at the ball,” said Hawkins, who had five tackles and one for a loss. “At that moment, just punching at the ball, stripping the ball out — and it came free.”

2 hours ago, lo country said:

Going back to T-Magic, then YOLO TA and now AM(minus 2021) we had QB's averaging about 1/2+ INT's to TD's....  Our QB's in these big or bust offenses have a pretty high INT rate.  It hasn't just been AM.....This year he has 9 TD's to 3 INT's.....His best ratio to date 7 games in.  He, like this team, has problems, but he is not THEE problem.  Looking at T-Magic and AM, both have led the nation in fumbles (or close to it) each of their years.....That is a problem.  But how do you fix it.  Just read an article that UM practiced going after the ball.

“In practice all week, every single day, we practiced punching at the ball,” said Hawkins, who had five tackles and one for a loss. “At that moment, just punching at the ball, stripping the ball out — and it came free.”

Most every team does stuff.like this.

Including Nebraska.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Mavric said:

You keep insisting that a guy that had no Power 5 offers out of high school but is now as starting Power 5 QB after spending three years with this staff is somehow a failure.  There is noting to back this up other than you want it to be true.

It's Rutgers- they are terrible. Saw him play here and on TV for Rutgers. He is not a very good QB. Those are facts. 

• Haha 1