Frost needs fired

1 hour ago, hskrpwr13 said:

Ha. This game shouldn't be the defining moment win or lose. Of course some fans won't see it that way. A win at this point would actually provide some positive definition.

To show the program had turned around, we needed to have a comfortable win.  A loss is the final nail in the coffin as this pretty much guarantees Frost missing out on another winning season.  It's beyond me that some people will still defend Frost's record simply because he was a former player.  

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1
Just now, Head Coach Scott Frost said:

I haven't seen a Trev appearance that would make me think Frost would get canned this season. We probably have to also miss the bowl season next year in order to move on.

The decision making by this staff during games is not something that just gets fixed with another season. Frost is out of his league and simply has a knack for losing games. He also has stuck by AM for 4 seasons despite Martinez continuing to find ways to lose games.  Those personnel decisions fall back on Frost.  

• Plus1 2

Just now, HuskerNation1 said:

The decision making by this staff during games is not something that just gets fixed with another season. Frost is out of his league and simply has a knack for losing games. He also has stuck by AM for 4 seasons despite Martinez continuing to find ways to lose games.  Those personnel decisions fall back on Frost.  

That statement wasn't arguing whether or not he should stay it was saying every interview I've seen from Trev this year makes me think there will be another year regardless of what happens

Just now, Head Coach Scott Frost said:

That statement wasn't arguing whether or not he should stay it was saying every interview I've seen from Trev this year makes me think there will be another year regardless of what happens

Yes I get what you are saying.  I am just saying I do not believe a new AD should come in and completely overlook the prior 3 seasons and all the poor coaching that occurred.  Frost needs to earn the right to coach again next year, and based upon the trajectory we are seeing this season, he has not earned that right.

• Fire 1
8 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

To show the program had turned around, we needed to have a comfortable win.  A loss is the final nail in the coffin as this pretty much guarantees Frost missing out on another winning season.  It's beyond me that some people will still defend Frost's record simply because he was a former player.  

Have another beer and take it easy.  Maybe stay offline for a minute.

• Haha 3
  • Oh Yeah! 2
10 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Trev screwed up by appearing to be too chummy with Frost these past few weeks.  His job is to put this program in position for long-term success, and should he not fire Frost despite the data showing Frost is not a winner, the heat will just pick up on Alberts.

The reason the Nebraska job has been poison to competent HCs is the way we've treated HCs and the situations around when we fired then.

Ie: 2 after 9 win seasons. 2 a year after pretty good showings and the last one after 3 years.

We have also had semi-public spats between coaches and administration and have seen the administration fail to show public support multiple times when the team needs it.

We can all explain some of these to ourselves but to an outsider, it looks like a dumpster fire. A roaring dumpster fire.

So don't think it hurts our chances of landing a coach because Trev was very supportive of the current one. That is what a good AD should do.

We are just not used to it because we haven't seen it since the early 90s.

1 minute ago, Kentmick said:

The reason the Nebraska job has been poison to competent HCs is the way we've treated HCs and the situations around when we fired then.

Ie: 2 after 9 win seasons. 2 a year after pretty good showings and the last one after 3 years.

We have also had semi-public spats between coaches and administration and have seen the administration fail to show public support multiple times when the team needs it.

We can all explain some of these to ourselves but to an outsider, it looks like a dumpster fire. A roaring dumpster fire.

So don't think it hurts our chances of landing a coach because Trev was very supportive of the current one. That is what a good AD should do.

We are just not used to it because we haven't seen it since the early 90s.

Being supportive is great, but creating an impression of a Good Ole Boys network consistently is a bit further than I have seen other good ADs do.  I think he can still publicly share support of the program without creating an impression that Frost is safe no matter what happens in the W/L column.  

8 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Have another beer and take it easy.  Maybe stay offline for a minute.

I don't drink often but that might not be a bad idea.  WIth that said, when Husker fans begin taking it easy when loss after loss piles up, you get apathy which is worse.  

Are you truly comfortable with the state of this program and the 4-year resume we have seen with Frost?  

• Plus1 2