Frost needs fired

4 minutes ago, Apathy said:

4th and the length of my willy at the goal line and you don’t line up under center? He’ll put a damn DT or Yant in at fullback and run it at them proving that we can be a physical team. That’s what cost this team the win today. You score that, momentum was diffidently on our side and that could’ve created the spark or boost this team needed. 

Two years ago we saw Mills line up at fullback, not sure who at RB and Martinez under center and we haven’t seen anything like that since.

And then he went further and had some smug response in the post game presser when asked about that look.  My thought on the whole situation(other than it is completely stupid running shotgun inside the five yard line) is that if we were told how Cam was going to be the 2nd coming of Rimington where is the confidence of sneaking your QB right behind the golden boy when you need 6 inches

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Honestly on sheer talent alone you could give Lane Kiffin 9 mil a year and have top 10 recruiting classes and he would lay waste to the B1G West haha 

Stoops, Gus, Kiffen. Who else we got? I think these three guys catapult us to West contenders every year. Next up is Kyle Whittingham and Joe Moorhead. I’d look at them.

3 minutes ago, BoNeyard said:

I think Lane has matured, he also has Nebraska roots, I would not be against giving him a shot. It may be one of those that make you nervous at first, but I think he would have potential of working out here. Of course, if he had an ounce of success you'd be worried he'd bolt to the next shiny new job.

I think Lane would enjoy being a God in Lincoln. He's been to USC etc. If he shows he can win here he would be a legend. 

2 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

Stoops, Gus, Kiffen. Who else we got? I think these three guys catapult us to West contenders every year. Next up is Kyle Whittingham and Joe Moorhead. I’d look at them.

I still love Chadwell at Coastal Carolina. I think his offense would be beautiful in Lincoln. 

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
1 minute ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

I think Lane would enjoy being a God in Lincoln. He's been to USC etc. If he shows he can win here he would be a legend. 

He sure would, but again, if he succeeds here or has moderate success here, who is to say he stays instead of taking an offer from say; Texas, Ohio State, Florida, Michigan, if any were to become open after his time at Nebraska?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HuskerNation1 said:

If we play out the rest of the season, the only probably win may be Purdue but they are playing Iowa tight right now.  If we get that win, we finish 4-8.  Even if we upset Iowa or Wisconsin we are still 5-7.  I am hoping the boosters are given Trev an earful now.  

After this season Mike Riley will have won more in 3 years than Scott Frost in 4 years...

And we fired Riley. (rightfully so)

• Plus1 3
3 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

I’m a pass on Chadwell. I want a guy who has coached a lot in Power 5 football. Knows what it takes to build a deep roster to win Power 5 games.

I dont disagree with you. I'd take Kiffin etc before Chadwell but if we don't get a guy of that caliber give me Chadwell. He's rebuilt 4 programs at every level other than P5. 

• Plus1 2
10 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

I’m a pass on Chadwell. I want a guy who has coached a lot in Power 5 football. Knows what it takes to build a deep roster to win Power 5 games.

We just got beat by a guy with no P5 experience until Minnie......Malzahn was a HS coach. Dabo was a WR coach.  I definitely hear what you are saying, but if we can't get a proven P5 guy, Chadwell would be a great hire IMO.

Just now, lo country said:

We just got beat by a guy with no P5 experience until Minnie......Malzahn was a HS coach. Dabo was a WR coach.  I definitely hear what you are saying, but if we can't get a proven P5 guy, Chadwell would be a great hire IMO.

The more I read about his offense and overall philosophy the more I like him. Plus you could get McCall as a transfer QB haha 

• Oh Yeah! 1

12 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

So who is that.

Do you roll the dice with a Bill Obrien type(with a couple of seasons learning under Saban, and quick PSU turnaround), Malzahn, maybe Dave Clawson at Wake, who.  Doubt you'd be able to poach anyone of any conference teams staff.  Matt Campbell, Klienman at KSU, who.

1 minute ago, PaulCrewe said:

So who is that.

Do you roll the dice with a Bill Obrien type(with a couple of seasons learning under Saban, and quick PSU turnaround), Malzahn, maybe Dave Clawson at Wake, who.  Doubt you'd be able to poach anyone of any conference teams staff.  Matt Campbell, Klienman at KSU, who.

I offered 5 names earlier in the thread. You can throw Campbell and Fickell on there. Others like Chadwell. O’Brien maybe. That’s 9 names. This is Nebraska.  We either want to play serious big boy football or we don’t. That simple.

1 minute ago, chamrocck said:

I offered 5 names earlier in the thread. You can throw Campbell and Fickell on there. Others like Chadwell. O’Brien maybe. That’s 9 names. This is Nebraska.  We either want to play serious big boy football or we don’t. That simple.

Boom!  And this staff currently does not (or can't).

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, chamrocck said:

And against knapps approval I'm sure, I'd honestly throw Hugh Freeze out there.

If you want to go the DC to HC route I'd look at Venerbles(doubt it) Aranda, or Lanning at Georgia(from KC so maybe misses the home land)

I’ll add Herman, he’s floating out there and I expect he’ll be a head coach again. There’s a lot of guys and about a half dozen that are no brainers. A bunch of others you have to weigh vs giving Frost another year. Trev has his list. Start working it and see where you land. Inside top 5 guys, Git R Done. Beyond that it is probably seeing guys on a potential staff.