Frost needs fired

20 minutes ago, lo country said:

I expected a 14+ win TBH......Thought we hd turned the corner.  I can understand how we played so well and then just went back to game 1 week 0.....

Albert's and Frost have had discussions about what is keeping us from being consistent 

Offensive line is at the top of that list 

With Teddy out, Frost challenged Benhart to step it up this week and the results today were not there.

• Haha 4
3 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Albert's and Frost have had discussions about what is keeping us from being consistent 

Offensive line is at the top of that list 

With Teddy out, Frost challenged Benhart to step it up this week and the results today were not there.

Benhart wasn't the problem today. It was almost every other facet or the game. 

27 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

If trev didn’t invent a charity program our sellout streak would have ended within the last 2 months. You are choosing to ignore what’s in front of your face. 

Carter, Albert's, Davison, Osborne and Frost all have a good pulse with the boosters.

Not sure which way to go on Frost...

Good:

1. Frost has the team playing better. They have not been boat raced in a while. Good right?
  2. The defense seems more capable, not great, but better.
  3. 3rd quarter adjustments are better.
  4. Blackshirts look like they are developing some NFL players again with OLB/DT/Secondary types. Should help with recruiting I hope.

Bad:

1. Recruiting seems meh.
  2. The team is not improving in areas they clearly need addressed by coaching, OL/special teams for example.
  3. Frost seems married to Martinez in spite of the fact that his lack of execution in the passing game kills this club often. Frost wanted to move on last year with his McCaffery experiments it seemed. Are Smothers and the rest that bad?
  4. Strength and conditioning doesn't seem to be improving. Team still gets man-handled often, has a hard time getting men on the ground when tackling etc.
  5. OL talent and development seems to have taken a serious step back. When Minny looks more manly than the Huskers along the OL, I reach for the Jagermeister - often...
  6. DE/Rush end talent is almost non-existent. Been a long time since the Huskers had a feared DE. Randy Gregory?

I would say this...

If Nebraska could get a Bob Stoops type. I mean a guy that can bring all the things a coach of his caliber brings then the university should consider it.

To make a lateral move to a guy like Fickell or some other I would say prolly not.

1 minute ago, BaddKarma said:

Not sure which way to go on Frost...

Good:

1. Frost has the team playing better. They have not been boat raced in a while. Good right?
  2. The defense seems more capable, not great, but better.
  3. 3rd quarter adjustments are better.
  4. Blackshirts look like they are developing some NFL players again with OLB/DT/Secondary types. Should help with recruiting I hope.

Bad:

1. Recruiting seems meh.
  2. The team is not improving in areas they clearly need addressed by coaching, OL/special teams for example.
  3. Frost seems married to Martinez in spite of the fact that his lack of execution in the passing game kills this club often. Frost wanted to move on last year with his McCaffery experiments it seemed. Are Smothers and the rest that bad?
  4. Strength and conditioning doesn't seem to be improving. Team still gets man-handled often, has a hard time getting men on the ground when tackling etc.
  5. OL talent and development seems to have taken a serious step back. When Minny looks more manly than the Huskers along the OL, I reach for the Jagermeister - often...
  6. DE/Rush end talent is almost non-existent. Been a long time since the Huskers had a feared DE. Randy Gregory?

I would say this...

If Nebraska could get a Bob Stoops type. I mean a guy that can bring all the things a coach of his caliber brings then the university should consider it.

To make a lateral move to a guy like Fickell or some other I would say prolly not.

Doesn’t seem to be a Stoops caliber coach out there for the taking and hitting the reset button again doesn’t feel like the right move either. 

For better or worse, we ride with Frost and hope these lessons (and karma) turn in our favor. We have flashes of brilliance but far too often have inconsistent play. Some of that is the youth factor but having issues with the basics at QB is concerning. I’m not sure how you teach or coach a killer’s instinct but we need that factor to come along. 

• Plus1 2

1 minute ago, BoNeyard said:

That’s my hang up on moving in from Frost. Because once it’s over it’s over, there is no going back and there is no second chance. The fairytale ending never happens and the book ends with a bad taste for the reader. 

If we move on we have to make sure we have a great hire lined up.

I'm fairly confident we can find a HC that can pull a winning record against Illinois, NW, Purdue and Minny. 

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
Just now, FrantzHardySwag said:

Not sure what I’m missing at this point. 

A new oline coach doesn't fix this. I still want someone to show me a HC with Frosts win % through 4 years that turned that program into a contender. 

Just now, huskerfan74 said:

Because he is one of our own and played on a championship husker team. Otherwise, he would have been fired this afternoon.

Honestly year 4 was his your one of our own bonus year. He's pissed that away.