Frost needs fired

7 minutes ago, BoNeyard said:

The fairytale ending never happens and the book ends with a bad taste for the reader. 

Well sorry to welcome you to the real world where kicks in the nuts are handed out daily and the big bad wolf wins more than the three little pigs.  Sorry to spoil the ending for all our young readers out there

1 minute ago, BoNeyard said:

That’s my hang up on moving in from Frost. Because once it’s over it’s over, there is no going back and there is no second chance. The fairytale ending never happens and the book ends with a bad taste for the reader. 

If we move on we have to make sure we have a great hire lined up.

Why are we so scared to move on......We fired Solich and Pelini........We have 4 years of Frost's body of work to judge him.  To date, he is a bust.  I could care less about "how close we are'.  You no where we are?  The BOTTOM of the B1G.....I can care less about the offensive prowess of AM, his records or accolades.  He has those because he has been here years longer than most as a starter......To we need to bring him back next year, to repeat the previous 4 years to convince us that the first 4 were not anomalies, but the norm.....Right now our current recruit class is 73rd nationally and 14th in the B1G.....Yes, it's a smaller class, but not one 4 star.....Year 4, the same crap.  Penalties, TO's, play calling, no depth, no bowl......

Pelini was an a$$ and Riley was nice.  But Frost is one of us......He's making millions to win, not set statistical records or show how close we can be.....

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, lo country said:

Why are we so scared to move on......We fired Solich and Pelini........We have 4 years of Frost's body of work to judge him.  To date, he is a bust.  I could care less about "how close we are'.  You no where we are?  The BOTTOM of the B1G.....I can care less about the offensive prowess of AM, his records or accolades.  He has those because he has been here years longer than most as a starter......To we need to bring him back next year, to repeat the previous 4 years to convince us that the first 4 were not anomalies, but the norm.....Right now our current recruit class is 73rd nationally and 14th in the B1G.....Yes, it's a smaller class, but not one 4 star.....Year 4, the same crap.  Penalties, TO's, play calling, no depth, no bowl......

Pelini was an a$$ and Riley was nice.  But Frost is one of us......He's making millions to win, not set statistical records or show how close we can be.....

Nebraska football coaches make $ millions win or lose.

One just has a lump sum option.

Just now, Hedley Lamarr said:

A new oline coach doesn't fix this. I still want someone to show me a HC with Frosts win % through 4 years that turned that program into a contender. 

Barry Alvarez made it click in year 4.

Snyder had a winning record in year 3 but didn't get things humming until year 5.

And those are considered some of the greatest turn arounds in college football history.

If Frost turned this around it would be pretty much the first time in history...at least at a major conference school from the last 40 years.

Basically, it is insane to think Frost will turn around. The deluge if transfers that are going to probably happen will be a travesty in itself if we keep him.

• Plus1 2
15 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Why is anyone still trying to defend the worst NU head coach in all of our lifetimes? 

Sunken cost fallacy, trauma bond, and the false narrative if he can’t do it, no one can.

Why is anyone still trying to defend the worst NU head coach in all of our lifetimes? 

Sunken cost fallacy, trauma bond, and the false narrative if he can’t do it, no one can.

• Plus1 1

10 minutes ago, huskerfan74 said:

Because he is one of our own and played on a championship husker team. Otherwise, he would have been fired this afternoon.

Totally agree. Some fans are not thinking objectively and responding emotionally to Frosts performance as head coach. If we had hired Tom Herman and he was 15-25 after 4 seasons I guarantee these same fans would want a change. 

• Fire 1
2 minutes ago, Kentmick said:

Barry Alvarez made it click in year 4.

Snyder had a winning record in year 3 but didn't get things humming until year 5.

And those are considered some of the greatest turn arounds in college football history.

If Frost turned this around it would be pretty much the first time in history...at least at a major conference school from the last 40 years.

Basically, it is insane to think Frost will turn around. The deluge if transfers that are going to probably happen will be a travesty in itself if we keep him.

We are currently 7th in the West....in year 4. 

2 minutes ago, theknife said:

It's stupid. Frost isn't going to take us to double digit wins let alone championships. We all wanted it to work. It hasn't. 

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

Well sorry to welcome you to the real world where kicks in the nuts are handed out daily and the big bad wolf wins more than the three little pigs.  Sorry to spoil the ending for all our young readers out there

Before you deliver this news you are required to provide me with a safe room and a counselor.

The below paragraph is From the 5 year thread - I'll say it again here.  But first this:  I was a Frost fan. Still am.  I still want his to succeed with all of my heart - for his sake, for the program's sake for the fan's sake.  But I have to get into reality.  Frost is still 'our guy' but our guy is over his head.  He wasn't prepared for this role.  The game today showed that 3 close games against top teams does not erase all of the deficiencies in the program - most of which should not be there in year 4.  At this point we need to apologize to Mike Riley. 

We  have to cut the emotion out of it that Frost is one of us.  The facts are - Frost has had 1 winning season in all of HC years.  The fact is, we won't go bowling this year unless there is some kind of miracle that will not happen.  Very good chance we don't win another game.  I am over my 1 week kool aid drinking.  I had hope after Michigan that there is  a real change occurring.  Now I am very doubtful.  Realistically, we are a 3-4 win program until proven otherwise on the field.  We cannot say "on paper we should win 7-9 games"  That is an entitlement that we have not earned.  We cannot say we should win anything just because Nebraska had a great 40 year run.  If Frost wasn't one of us, he'd be gone by now..  If we end up wt 3 losses does he deserve that 5th year?  At this point I say no. 

• Plus1 2
7 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

The deluge if transfers that are going to probably happen will be a travesty in itself if we keep him.

My thoughts as well - but also the recruiting situation.  How many super seniors will want to stick around.  Maybe AM and Frost will ride out the sinking ship together since they are married at the hip.  

3 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

The below paragraph is From the 5 year thread - I'll say it again here.  But first this:  I was a Frost fan. Still am.  I still want his to succeed with all of my heart - for his sake, for the program's sake for the fan's sake.  But I have to get into reality.  Frost is still 'our guy' but our guy is over his head.  He wasn't prepared for this role.  The game today showed that 3 close games against top teams does not erase all of the deficiencies in the program - most of which should not be there in year 4.  At this point we need to apologize to Mike Riley. 

We  have to cut the emotion out of it that Frost is one of us.  The facts are - Frost has had 1 winning season in all of HC years.  The fact is, we won't go bowling this year unless there is some kind of miracle that will not happen.  Very good chance we don't win another game.  I am over my 1 week kool aid drinking.  I had hope after Michigan that there is  a real change occurring.  Now I am very doubtful.  Realistically, we are a 3-4 win program until proven otherwise on the field.  We cannot say "on paper we should win 7-9 games"  That is an entitlement that we have not earned.  We cannot say we should win anything just because Nebraska had a great 40 year run.  If Frost wasn't one of us, he'd be gone by now..  If we end up wt 3 losses does he deserve that 5th year?  At this point I say no. 

Additionally it is not unreasonable to expect a 4th year HC to get to 6 wins. That's the lowest bar this fanbase has EVER set for anyone and it's even lower than the bar TO set as AD for the HC of Nebraska. 

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, theknife said:

So...you're saying we got a chance...?