Frost needs fired

23 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Additionally it is not unreasonable to expect a 4th year HC to get to 6 wins. That's the lowest bar this fanbase has EVER set for anyone and it's even lower than the bar TO set as AD for the HC of Nebraska. 

How far the great have fallen. 

This isn't apologizing for Frost so let's get past that but....

Is there something going on in Lincoln that needs to be identified, addressed and fixed before we possibly bring in a new coach and whoever that is walks into a situation destined to fail?  

It's just striking that each one of the past four or even five coaches seemingly couldn't ever punch above their talent and yet consistently laid eggs against outmatched teams.  How many times has this program came out flat and listless regardless of who was coaching? 

The malaise hanging over this program has spanned the better part of 20 years.  It like we've become the graveyard for coaches.  

2 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

This isn't apologizing for Frost so let's get past that but....

Is there something going on in Lincoln that needs to be identified, addressed and fixed before we possibly bring in a new coach and whoever that is walks into a situation destined to fail?  

It's just striking that each one of the past four or even five coaches seemingly couldn't ever punch above their talent and yet consistently laid eggs against outmatched teams.  How many times has this program came out flat and listless regardless of who was coaching? 

The malaise hanging over this program has spanned the better part of 20 years.  It like we've become the graveyard for coaches.  

We've just excelled at hiring s#!tty head coaches, lots of programs go through it and you rinse and repeat until you hit. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Hedley Lamarr said:

We've just excelled at hiring s#!tty head coaches, lots of programs go through it and you rinse and repeat until you hit. 

Yeah, I'm not saying you're wrong but it seems to me like our lack of concentration has cost this program a boatload of games over the years.  Moreso than what other teams go through. 

We've underperformed our recruiting for years now.  If it's coaching great but if it's something in the fishbowl that needs to be cleared up too then hopefully that's done before another coach comes in a flounders.  

4 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Correction, we excel at hiring s#!tty ADs that don't understand the program nor culture. Aside from Osborne's brief stints (which are kinda iffy), we haven't had a long term AD that understood the true importance of the football program since Devaney retired in 92.

49 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

Additionally it is not unreasonable to expect a 4th year HC to get to 6 wins. That's the lowest bar this fanbase has EVER set for anyone and it's even lower than the bar TO set as AD for the HC of Nebraska. 

I agree. The expectations of some fans has really fallen. We should expect a minimum of 6 wins most seasons. If I am not mistaken, TO never lost more than 3 games in a season during his 3 decade career. 

1 minute ago, HuskerNation1 said:

I agree. The expectations of some fans has really fallen. We should expect a minimum of 6 wins most seasons. If I am not mistaken, TO never lost more than 3 games in a season during his 3 decade career. 

I just love how TO himself basically gave Callahan a number of games he had to win. Which was more than Frost has achieved in any of his years here. 

4 minutes ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Trev and Scott meet tomorrow 

Maybe, just maybe..... ?