Frost needs fired

8 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

So we lost to Illinois because we played good teams? All I’ve said is 6 wins should be the minimum expectation and being cool with 4-5 win is dumb. 

Nobody is "cool" with 4 to 5 wins.  Literally Nobody.  Illinois was an anomalie compared to every game since then.  This team would shred Illinois if they played again, I'd bet my life savings on it.  Doesn't excuse the loss, but if you can't see a difference between now and then you're ignoring it.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
7 minutes ago, Redux said:

I'd like our chances against Wisconsin if it weren't Wisconsin 

We should be ok. We out match them at every position. Probably Chryst's worst team to date. We should win out in our division. Iowa is not as good as Michigan, so we have that too.

• Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
6 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

So we lost to Illinois because we played good teams? All I’ve said is 6 wins should be the minimum expectation and being cool with 4-5 win is dumb. 

I would agree with that 10 years ago. However where are we as a team? As a brand? If we could hire a Pelini again and turn things around overnight great. Otherwise we deal with what we have. Frost is dealing with a Riley brand team.  

LSU just lost (blown out) to Kentucky - imagine their fan base. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Redux said:

Nobody is "cool" with 4 to 5 wins.  Literally Nobody.  Illinois was an anomalie compared to every game since then.  This team would shred Illinois if they played again, I'd bet my life savings on it.  Doesn't excuse the loss, but if you can't see a difference between now and then you're ignoring it.

That’s the post I was responding to… who said literally that. That’s a s#!tty measuring stick. I’m not saying fire frost, but if you want me to believe in progress, 6 wins this year is where it starts. I’ll start believing in these moral victories if we go 3-2 down the stretch. 

Just now, KazLong said:

I would agree with that 10 years ago. However where are we as a team? As a brand? If we could hire a Pelini again and turn things around overnight great. Otherwise we deal with what we have. Frost is dealing with a Riley brand team.  

The Riley excuse doesn't hold water anymore. This is all Frost's team now. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
1 minute ago, ZRod said:

We should be ok. We out match them at every position. Probably Chryst's worst team to date. We should win out in our division. Iowa is not as good as Michigan, so we have that too.

Eaisly their worst team.  That's only reason I'm scared, they'll have nothing to lose because a division title isn't on the line.

3 minutes ago, KazLong said:

So you’re cool if we finish this year 5-7? 

30 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

That’s the post I was responding to… who said literally that. That’s a s#!tty measuring stick. I’m not saying fire frost, but if you want me to believe in progress, 6 wins this year is where it starts. I’ll start believing in these moral victories if we go 3-2 down the stretch. 

Hung with #5OU til the bitter end, led #20MSU and lost in OT, led #9Michigan twice and gave them their first time trailing and QB's 1st interception.

Moral victories, yes.  Signs of actual verifiable progress, yes.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, ZRod said:

The Riley excuse doesn't hold water anymore. This is all Frost's team now. 

Not as an excuse. I just mean, as a brand. That matters when recruiting. The question is coaching kids up. Pelini could coach kids up and get 9 wins every season. 

Another Great Coach Belichick would take dumpster picks like tom brady 6th or 7th round and win 5 or 6 super bowls. 

These Kids weren't alive when we were world beaters.

How do many do we send to the NFL - less than Iowa. Less than OSU. We send less then most of the other 'power' programs, if we are even one anymore. 

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Redux said:

Hung with #5OU til the bitter end, led #20MSU and lost in OT, led #9Michigan twice and gave them their first time trailiny and QB interception.

Moral victories, yes.  Signs of actual verifiable progress, yes.

So if we go 2-1 against minny, Purdue and Wisconsin and lose to OSU/Iowa - you’re good with that. This is healthy for me, I need to know I have a unrealistic expectation of this program.

• Plus1 1