Frost needs fired

4 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I’d look at Ed Warinner for OL. He’s built very-very good OLs in this conf. I think for what Frost wants to do, a stud OL coach is absolutely vital. 

I think we are approaching Frank Solich territory where there is a conversation that some guys might need to be allowed to land elsewhere and should explore those options.  

I'd been down with that hire for sure. TBH, I like his time at AF and Army more.  Hahaha.  He'd be a great get.

40 minutes ago, lo country said:

Here is where I am at. I wanted and still want Frost to succeed.  No doubt we are playing MUCH better. The D has improved by leaps and bounds and has been able to keep us in games.  BUT we are still losing.  And that's where I have concerns.  The losses are MUCH closer, but still losses.  We currently sit at 3-0 in the moral victory column.  

What concerns me is that even though we are losing better, we are still losing.  Frost currently has a 14-25 record IIRC.  We are 5-16 in one score games.....Almost 50% of our games are decided by 1 score or less.  Yet Frost sits at a 25% clip even being 0-4 this year.  The other hard part is we have had the ball "last" multiple times....In OT we have yet to score a point or even get a 1st down.  TBH, this IMHO, is play calling AND execution.  I read last night that the Yanimal was benched for going the wrong way on a play in the 3rd quarter....Really!  As many multiple mistakes that pAnother layers have made that were not benched (I have called for benching or sitting out to get coached up), but the game is on the line and you pull your biggest back......Another nod to the play calling, in the waning minutes of the one score loss it is as if we have no 2 minute offense.  None.  Again that's coaching.  Unsure if Frost has the acumen to be an OC at this level.  Or if splitting duties is making it even harder to have one play flow into the next.

IF we do not go bowling, unsure how Frost stays.  Even splitting 2 of the 4 one score losses this year we are now sitting at 5 wins.....Over his career here would have given us 2 more wins over each season (ie bowling every year), but we can't seem to do that.  We are not any closer, as we still lose the close games.  If Frost were to stay, I'd reach out to an established OC who knows the B1G or reach out to Jamey Chadwell at Coastal.  Currently making $850k/year.  @Hedley Lamarr and I beat the drum for him, but I'd give him a hard look.....

With Frost's track record at Oregon and UCF, I'd say his acumen to be OC at this level is hard to question.....especially when you're pitching for a Sunbelt coach 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, TheSker said:

With Frost's track record at Oregon and UCF, I'd say his acumen to be OC at this level is hard to question.....especially when you're pitching for a Sunbelt coach 

Currently pitching as OC.....I'd take as HC if Frost is let go.  And yes.  He has a losing record at NU.  Yes he is 5-16 in 1 loss games. So yep, I will question the hell out of his abilities to be an OC at this level in the B1G.  Because where it matters, in the W-L, he is losing.  And badly.....

Just now, lo country said:

Currently pitching as OC.....I'd take as HC if Frost is let go.  And yes.  He has a losing record at NU.  Yes he is 5-16 in 1 loss games. So yep, I will question the hell out of his abilities to be an OC at this level in the B1G.  Because where it matters, in the W-L, he is losing.  And badly.....

Question all you like   it's the internet 

• Haha 2
7 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Question all you like   it's the internet 

You are right.  Until we start winning, I will continue to have reservations. And as I have said countless times, I hope he stays because he starts to win.  I hope he has crazy success as it means my team that I an all the other posters cheer for week in and week out win or lose.  Him being fired means that again, we are not where any fan wants us to be.

• Plus1 2

Being at the game last night was different for me than it was at the CU game in 2019.  This team is different; more disciplined, bigger from top to bottom. They are playing well. Losing sucks, but losing by 13 total points to 3 top ten teams shows me they’ve turned a corner. The defense is fantastic. They are improving. I made it a point to talk with some of the Mich fans yesterday. I asked for an honest assessment of how they felt things were going. Most of them said they were shocked we hadn’t won more games. Quite a few of them felt this was their best team in years, and they were nervous before the games. 

• Thanks 1

I'm almost positive that Frost will get year 5 of the "5 year rebuild".   Somewhat easier schedule next year.  O and D are playing better.  We just have to learn how to win-

I fault the coaching and player execution for these failures against these ranked teams.  Each one could have just been a win if not for A B or C.  

As much as Adrian adds to the offense and provides positive leadership, he doesn't have the self discipline in the big tight games to get us over the top.  Great kid who works hard - but I think next year we need to move on to someone else if we expect to move up. 

3 hours ago, lo country said:

Here is where I am at. I wanted and still want Frost to succeed.  No doubt we are playing MUCH better. The D has improved by leaps and bounds and has been able to keep us in games.  BUT we are still losing.  And that's where I have concerns.  The losses are MUCH closer, but still losses.  We currently sit at 3-0 in the moral victory column.  

What concerns me is that even though we are losing better, we are still losing.  Frost currently has a 14-25 record IIRC.  We are 5-16 in one score games.....Almost 50% of our games are decided by 1 score or less.  Yet Frost sits at a 25% clip even being 0-4 this year.  The other hard part is we have had the ball "last" multiple times....In OT we have yet to score a point or even get a 1st down.  TBH, this IMHO, is play calling AND execution.  I read last night that the Yanimal was benched for going the wrong way on a play in the 3rd quarter....Really!  As many multiple mistakes that pAnother layers have made that were not benched (I have called for benching or sitting out to get coached up), but the game is on the line and you pull your biggest back......Another nod to the play calling, in the waning minutes of the one score loss it is as if we have no 2 minute offense.  None.  Again that's coaching.  Unsure if Frost has the acumen to be an OC at this level.  Or if splitting duties is making it even harder to have one play flow into the next.

IF we do not go bowling, unsure how Frost stays.  Even splitting 2 of the 4 one score losses this year we are now sitting at 5 wins.....Over his career here would have given us 2 more wins over each season (ie bowling every year), but we can't seem to do that.  We are not any closer, as we still lose the close games.  If Frost were to stay, I'd reach out to an established OC who knows the B1G or reach out to Jamey Chadwell at Coastal.  Currently making $850k/year.  @Hedley Lamarr and I beat the drum for him, but I'd give him a hard look.....

I don't know how you put any blame on anyone but Martinez at this point?

• Haha 2