Frost needs fired

On 10/10/2021 at 7:19 PM, Mavric said:

Lots of coaches must not take special teams seriously.

That was a one week aberration- that's why it's big news. The special teams problems at NU statistically have been a dumpster fire for 4 years- don't take my word for it- Chatlains article documented it. 

This week they were pretty solid, like last. Maybe force feeding the issue is having a possible effect= something changed to make it better. It isn't luck to be consistently bad for 4 years. It isn't luck to be consistently good at Special teams either. It's a coaching issue- but that doesnt fit your narrative. 

https://omaha.com/sports/huskers/football/chatelain-how-can-nebraska-improve-its-special-teams-ask-bill-snyder-and-frank-beamer/article_282a413a-218c-11ec-ad78-bf1cc4f2e94a.html

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

If we lose to Minnesota or Purdue, none of these close losses and progress we've shown will matter. We must beat them both. 

And Wisky. They're a shell of their former selves, not unlike Northwestern.

We should expect to be 6-5 going into the Iowa game, at a minimum, with how this team is playing. And if we upset an undefeated Iowa on Black Friday...

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
13 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

If we lose to Minnesota or Purdue, none of these close losses and progress we've shown will matter. We must beat them both. 

I can't help but thinking what a difference that Illinois game would have made. It's a s#!t stain on what should be looked on as a really good year for Frost and the boys. A lot riding on the next two games. A loss would negate any good will built up by playing good teams tough. "Must Win" gets thrown out a lot, but you are right on - both are "Must Win" games

• Plus1 3
1 minute ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I can't help but thinking what a difference that Illinois game would have made. It's a s#!t stain on what should be looked on as a really good year for Frost and the boys. A lot riding on the next two games. A loss would negate any good will built up by playing good teams tough. "Must Win" gets thrown out a lot, but you are right on - both are "Must Win" games

Illinois will long be associated with some of the biggest WTF moments in Husker football history.

1 hour ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Back in August, I said that while it was rare for a first game, the Illinois contest had the feeling of a "must win" given our schedule.  That is now more evident than it was at the time.  To show progress, this program must again become bowl eligible.  Repeating the utterance that this is a "good team" does not make it so.  We are 3-4 for a reason and the issues plaguing the program are a bit like whack a mole.  One week it is kicking, the next it is punt coverage, and the next it is offensive turnovers.  

All FBS teams make mistakes each week, but those that find consistent success limit them (both in terms of number and gravity).  While we are doing better with the former this season, the latter remains the sticking point.

We spend so much time on this board talking personnel, scheme, playcalling, etc.  However, the one element that we do not discuss is whether this team is mentally ready to handle success.  While it is an intangible and difficult to measure, it might better explain the collapses week in and week out.  We simply do not have any experience with success and thus do not know how to win.  A coach can change that...

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
21 hours ago, B1GScamNetwork said:

Harbaugh should be exiled, he is a cheatin azz mofo with refs in his pocket as evidenced by the head of B1G officiating (https://bigten.org/staff.aspx?staff=90) WHO OIS A FUGGIN OSU EMPLOYEE (https://ohiostatebuckeyes.com/staff/diana-sabau/). All stories have 2 sides, and the R1Gged stories play 2nd fiddle to the likes of OU vs NU; hence, nebraska doesnt have a hope in hell with the RIGGED 10.

Yep. There's nothing an Ohio State staffer likes better than helping Michigan win games.

Furgin Dumbazz.

• Haha 4
  • Fire 1
21 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Yep. There's nothing an Ohio State staffer likes better than helping Michigan win games.

Furgin Dumbazz.

Not from Ohio but Went to college in Ohio, played football there (not OSU), wife is from Ohio.  So speaking from experience, Any OSU fan would gladly root for anyone playing against Michigan.  The disdain for Michigan is beyond anything I’ve seen in other rivalries.  Northern Ohio (Toledo, parts of Cleveland, Findlay, Akron/Canton) is actually pretty intense for the rivalry because Michigan has a fan base there and recruits that part of Ohio well.    

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Furgin Dumbazz.

I would generally agree but...  To make the playoff, Ohio State actually might need Michigan to be highly ranked going into the game this year.  I think there is a fair chance 2 SEC teams make the playoff.  There is also a fair chance the Big 12 gets a team in.  Wake Forest realistically could run the table to earn a spot.  If Oregon wins the Pac, they would likely get the nod over Ohio State for the playoff spot due to the head to head.  Sounds crazy but Ohio State really needs Michigan, Michigan State, Penn State, and Iowa to keep winning.        

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

Not from Ohio but Went to college in Ohio, played football there (not OSU), wife is from Ohio.  So speaking from experience, Any OSU fan would gladly root for anyone playing against Michigan.  The disdain for Michigan is beyond anything I’ve seen in other rivalries.  Northern Ohio (Toledo, parts of Cleveland, Findlay, Akron/Canton) is actually pretty intense for the rivalry because Michigan has a fan base there and recruits that part of Ohio well.    

where did you play in Ohio?

On 10/11/2021 at 10:05 AM, FrantzHardySwag said:

Oorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, was that loss to illinois the wake up call to get there heads out of there a$$ and never assume something is given.