Frost needs fired

2 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

The problem with this is really is execution that I saw today.

How do you “coach” a 4 year starter that can’t complete a pass?  How do you “coach” a RB that trips at the goaline on 4th down?  How do you “coach” an all conference kicker that can’t make PATs?

I still believe a decent QB turns this team into winners.

Who decided to run shotgun on 4th and inches from the goal line with a chance to take the lead?

• Plus1 4

1 minute ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

You recruit players who don't do those things. Plenty of other schools with less pedigree than us appear to consistently do just that. 

Also what makes you think Scott can get one of those QBs? He's had 4 years. 

I totally agree with you……

I think the biggest issue with this team is AMs inability to be the guy when it’s time.  Great stats in everything except W-L.

7 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I think Alberts will bring back Frost, but I think it's the wrong decision. Also, Osborne should have no input in the decision. He is an 83 year old man who doesn't work for the University anymore. 

If we play out the rest of the season, the only probably win may be Purdue but they are playing Iowa tight right now.  If we get that win, we finish 4-8.  Even if we upset Iowa or Wisconsin we are still 5-7.  I am hoping the boosters are given Trev an earful now.  

• Plus1 1

I totally agree with you……

I think the biggest issue with this team is AMs inability to be the guy when it’s time.  Great stats in everything except W-L.

I agree and Frost has stubbornly stood by Martinez.  He has to give other guys a chance. Now is the time to start letting other guys play as there is no way this team gets 3 more wins to become bowl-eligible. 

55 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

It didn't need to be a comfortable win, but it needed to be a win. That's 3 losses on the road in the conference to equal or inferior opponents. 

Ya, like I said earlier in the thread it's a positive that we play quality teams close but if we can't beat the teams we should be handling that's not enough for being in year 4. Going by talent level we shouldn't be worse than 5-3. 

55 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

It didn't need to be a comfortable win, but it needed to be a win. That's 3 losses on the road in the conference to equal or inferior opponents. 

Ya, like I said earlier in the thread it's a positive that we play quality teams close but if we can't beat the teams we should be handling that's not enough for being in year 4. Going by talent level we shouldn't be worse than 5-3. 

• Plus1 1

I don't even see us beating Purdue. I've watched a little bit of the Purdue vs Iowa game as I flip between that and Kentucky vs Georgia and I see Purdue and can just picture them beating us, yet again. This team may be stuck at 3 wins. I wouldn't mind if the bye week lasted the rest of the season.

I love Frost, I really wanted him to work out here, it would have been great. I am indifferent to a coaching change. If they keep him, whatever, my apathy is full blown now, this is the same story just a different week. If they move on from him, I'll be sad just because it will be officially over and I want him to succeed here, but I will completely understand the move and who they hire? I won't care because what's the point? It'll either be the same old story as we've experienced the last 15 years or it'll be an improvement which obviously would be good, but nothing is a guarantee. 

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

The problem with this is really is execution that I saw today.

How do you “coach” a 4 year starter that can’t complete a pass?  How do you “coach” a RB that trips at the goaline on 4th down?  How do you “coach” an all conference kicker that can’t make PATs?

I still believe a decent QB turns this team into winners.

I believe a coach is responsible for developing position depth and current players.  I believe a coach is to put his team in positions to succeed and that usually involves a goal line package with QB under center.  I believe a coach should believe special teams is an intangible part of his program and should not be ignored.

See I can take execution and flip it to coaching very easily

• Plus1 4
2 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

I believe a coach is responsible for developing position depth and current players.  I believe a coach is to put his team in positions to succeed and that usually involves a goal line package with QB under center.  I believe a coach should believe special teams is an intangible part of his program and should not be ignored.

See I can take execution and flip it to coaching very easily

I don’t disagree with anything you are saying.

That being said, is Dabo a bad coach now because of the poor QB play?  Is Malzahn a guru because of how Newton played?  What has Jimbo done without Winston?  Belichick seems pretty average with Brady.

Great QB play has been shown over and over to be lead to championships.  AM will never be that guy.

1 minute ago, gobiggergoredder said:

That being said, is Dabo a bad coach now because of the poor QB play?  Is Malzahn a guru because of how Newton played?  What has Jimbo done without Winston?  Belichick seems pretty average with Brady.

Great QB play has been shown over and over to be lead to championships.  AM will never be that guy.

Did any of those coaches start out with 4 losing seasons or did they do something at their current stop to own the benefit of the doubt? 

• Thanks 2

Just now, Hedley Lamarr said:

Did any of those coaches start out with 4 losing seasons or did they do something at their current stop to own the benefit of the doubt? 

You and I agree on just about everything…….

All I’m saying is Frost wins with an accurate/consistent QB.  I for one dont believe you can coach accuracy.

At the end of the day it is Frost who has gone with AM for 4 years.  You think of all the people we could of had (Burrow, Milton…..).  I wonder if he would have done things differently if he had the chance.

15 minutes ago, BoNeyard said:

I don't even see us beating Purdue. I've watched a little bit of the Purdue vs Iowa game as I flip between that and Kentucky vs Georgia and I see Purdue and can just picture them beating us, yet again. This team may be stuck at 3 wins. I wouldn't mind if the bye week lasted the rest of the season.

I love Frost, I really wanted him to work out here, it would have been great. I am indifferent to a coaching change. If they keep him, whatever, my apathy is full blown now, this is the same story just a different week. If they move on from him, I'll be sad just because it will be officially over and I want him to succeed here, but I will completely understand the move and who they hire? I won't care because what's the point? It'll either be the same old story as we've experienced the last 15 years or it'll be an improvement which obviously would be good, but nothing is a guarantee. 

I agree with you. I was stoked when we hired Frost and truly thought he was "the guy."  It simply has not worked out.  Even if we get to 7 wins next year with an easy schedule, he is not the guy to get us back to winning conference championships or more.  We essentially went from Pelini who was a good coach but struggled against good rushing teams toward the end of his tenure to Riley who was a nice guy but just .500 to Frost who simply seems to be out of his league.  The only hope I have is that we can find the right guy with the next coaching change.  I realize there is risk in this approach too, but after 4 seasons of poor play and losing seasons, I think it's time to move on and take that risk.

I agree about QB play, and I try to see the point you're trying to make, but comparing any of those guys to SF is a joke

1 minute ago, gobiggergoredder said:

You and I agree on just about everything…….

All I’m saying is Frost wins with an accurate/consistent QB.  I for one dont believe you can coach accuracy.

At the end of the day it is Frost who has gone with AM for 4 years.  You think of all the people we could of had (Burrow, Milton…..).  I wonder if he would have done things differently if he had the chance.

Even just Milton for this season, if AM struggles you have someone that can come in. Frost obviously doesn't feel like he has a single backup on this roster capable of leading the team.