Rahmir Johnson

20 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Question. 

Last night, Johnson had a really nice run over left tackle that went for about 9 yards. It could have gone for much more, but he slipped. 

Is this from poor footwork?

He was just leaning too far forward

RJ is quite the blocker- relentless and aggressive, takes good angles to get on the block- lowers his hips well, good technique- lots of want to

Better RB than I thought. Last year and even in spring, just didn't see him being able to break even the weakest of tackles. Tougher than I thought and with his speed and ability to catch, a different flavor than the others. Nice Surprise. 

6 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

Can we get back to how great Rahmir is playing? He was a shoestring tackle away from breaking a Yant-sized run last night, and just absolutely throws his body into blocks at the point of attack. 

I like what I've seen from him.  Really running hard. 

I'd really like to see him get a chance in the open.  Nothing against Yant because that was a great run with a nice stiff-arm to spring it but I wonder if Johnson would have even been touched on that play.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

12 hours ago, Mavric said:

I like what I've seen from him.  Really running hard. 

I'd really like to see him get a chance in the open.  Nothing against Yant because that was a great run with a nice stiff-arm to spring it but I wonder if Johnson would have even been touched on that play.

he had a chance later in the game and fell down.  I think he would have been off to the races had he not lost his balance.

• Plus1 2
On 10/3/2021 at 9:53 AM, Cdog923 said:

Can we get back to how great Rahmir is playing? He was a shoestring tackle away from breaking a Yant-sized run last night, and just absolutely throws his body into blocks at the point of attack. 

He plays with a lot of determination. I’m impressed with all of our RBs, they give it 100% even when there’s nothing there. 

We should move this over to the Running Back Room, but at the moment we are only hoping this game has more influence on RB decisions than the previous five games. 

I mean, I was good with Stepp becoming the featured back after he had a decent game. The other backs might have had their "breakout" game the way the OL played against Northwestern.

But Frost is going to want to know how HuskerBoard feels about this and I want to confirm we're good with Ramir and Yant splitting about 30 carries a game as change-of-pace running backs, with the rest of the RBs keeping engaged in mostly situational and mop-up duty. 

Give these two a chance to be stars. And if one has earned more carries than the other, that's okay, too. 

• Plus1 2
9 hours ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

he had a chance later in the game and fell down.  I think he would have been off to the races had he not lost his balance.

Yeah, that was a chance.  But I'm not sure it's really fair to characterize that as he just "fell down."  IIRC he had to get low to catch the pass and had to get turned fast to avoid going out of bounds.  As he tried to plant his cleat didn't grab and he slipped.  If that's the play you're talking about.

So yes, he had a chance, but not the same chance that other backs have had.  Such as the run that Yant had.

5 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Yeah, that was a chance.  But I'm not sure it's really fair to characterize that as he just "fell down."  IIRC he had to get low to catch the pass and had to get turned fast to avoid going out of bounds.  As he tried to plant his cleat didn't grab and he slipped.  If that's the play you're talking about.

So yes, he had a chance, but not the same chance that other backs have had.  Such as the run that Yant had.

no the one I was talking about was a run.  he ran left had to kinda bow back to get around the end and when he went to get up field he lost his balance and fell.  

• Plus1 1

5 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

no the one I was talking about was a run.  he ran left had to kinda bow back to get around the end and when he went to get up field he lost his balance and fell.  

I think the play you're talking about is at the 11:30 mark.  Should play when you click on it.  He just seemed like he got his body ahead of his feet.  He might have expected to be hit at the line.

Sad thing is it looks like he might have had at least 7-10 more yards.

44 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Ah, yeah, I remember that one now.  Yeah, that was a great opportunity that ... :B) ... fell flat.

• Plus1 1
45 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I think the play you're talking about is at the 11:30 mark.  Should play when you click on it.  He just seemed like he got his body ahead of his feet.  He might have expected to be hit at the line.

Sad thing is it looks like he might have had at least 7-10 more yards.

RJ has improved

But THIS is the definition of a shoe string- ankle type tackle.