Pro Football Focus Grades

lo country

I figured I'd just throw them both in the same thread.  I look at some of the grades and wonder how they figure them out, while others appear spot on.  They show what we all saw.  The OL gets beat like a stolen drum.....

https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/pff-snap-counts-and-grades-for-nebraska-s-offense-vs-michigan-state

The tackle play continues to be the biggest setback of the offense. Bryce Benhart scored a 0.0 in pass protection, as he allowed 12 total pressures, including three sacks.

Also looking at the grades of Toure, Manning and Betts (targets and catches) they should rarely if ever leave the field.

With Allen and Vokolek, 12 personnel would be my base.......

https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/pff-snap-counts-and-grades-for-nebraska-s-defense-vs-michigan-state

Nick Henrich, Garrett Nelson, and Luke Reimer combined for 13 STOP tackles, six coming from Reimer. Nelson was NU's most effective pass rusher with a team-high five pressures (four QB hurries, one sack). 

Staff has done a great job in getting a defense built to stop the run.  Need to work on pass D, but 183 yards isn't bad......And we shut them down completely in the 2nd hald which makes this loss so hard to swallow.....

• Plus1 3

HOL Take: Like the defensive line, Nebraska's linebackers graded out well against the run. Nick Henrich, Garrett Nelson, and Luke Reimer combined for 13 STOP tackles, six coming from Reimer. Nelson was NU's most effective pass rusher with a team-high five pressures (four QB hurries, one sack). Pass coverage was a different story, though, as the linebackers were targeted four times and allowed five reception

that is a bad grade  if you allow 5 catches on 4 attempts

• Haha 4
9 minutes ago, commando said:

HOL Take: Like the defensive line, Nebraska's linebackers graded out well against the run. Nick Henrich, Garrett Nelson, and Luke Reimer combined for 13 STOP tackles, six coming from Reimer. Nelson was NU's most effective pass rusher with a team-high five pressures (four QB hurries, one sack). Pass coverage was a different story, though, as the linebackers were targeted four times and allowed five reception

that is a bad grade  if you allow 5 catches on 4 attempts

I had to read that a few times when I first read the article.  Might be why they scored them low.  They allowed like 125% of passes to be caught.....

• Haha 1