When will we get another bowl game?

What season will we get our next bowl game?  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Head Coach Scott Frost said:

Seems like a long shot to get a bowl this season even though I feel like we're talented enough to do it. If we pull the plug on Frost, then we have to assume another year or two of rebuilding. When do you guys think it will happen?

Frost has done one very good thing in his tenure....bring in consecutive top 25 recruiting classes. We have the talent to compete with nearly anybody, and with a new coach that knows how to get the most out of their personnel, it could be as early as next year that we go bowling again.  

• Plus1 2

I voted 2025.

2022 schedule is more favorable but I assume HCSF will be back so we will continue to be inept in at least 2 phases of the game and the D is losing a bunch of top talent.

2023 will see a new coach but it takes a year or two to gain traction even for competent coaches.

2024 will see us hurting in quite few positions as a result of 5 or 6 consecutive loosing seasons and recruiting going to hell at the end of HCSF's tenure.

2025 with our new coach's recruits starting to hit their stride this could be the year we finally pull out of the nose dive.

• Oh Yeah! 1

Hard to say. Who will be using 2020 not counting to stay another season? Will Frost be around? If he is I'd assume staff changes had to be made, are they good enough to fix our problems?  If we have a new HC who did we get? What staff did he hire? Who did he keep from this staff? Our defense has gotten better each season, could see Chin and multiple assistants staying, would make for an easier transition.  Make quality moves this offseason and get some key guys to stick around(Boosters may sweeten the deal vis NIL) I think we make a bowl in 2022, but right now there is way too much that is unknown. 

We make it this year...  I actually feel like we could win 6 of our remaining 7.  I am still predicting 7-5 finish on the season.    

Northwestern - win

Michigan - toss up 

Minnesota - win

Purdue - win

Ohio State - close loss

Wisconsin - win

Iowa - toss up 

• Haha 2
  • Oh Yeah! 6
10 hours ago, BoNeyard said:

I voted for 2022, but the answer is whenever we stop playing Ohio State and Michigan as the crossover games.

2023 seems the most feasible, assuming we bring in a seasoned coach who can return this team to fundamentals.  

I would not spend too much time worrying about Michigan and Ohio State as it has been Minnesota, Northwestern, Purdue and Illinois that has kept us from becoming bowl eligible.  Win against these four consistently and you will almost certainly be bowl eligible each and every year.  

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, All Hail Herbie said:

I would not spend too much time worrying about Michigan and Ohio State as it has been Minnesota, Northwestern, Purdue and Illinois that has kept us from becoming bowl eligible.  Win against these four consistently and you will almost certainly be bowl eligible each and every year.  

This right here. We usually come out of non-con with at least two wins. We should be able to get these four on a consistent basis, and build from there. 

Hell, I would say 2022, but I don't know if Special Teams will get fixed. Trev needs to step in and help Frost get answers. If he does...this team could go bowling this year. 

4 hours ago, All Hail Herbie said:

2023 seems the most feasible, assuming we bring in a seasoned coach who can return this team to fundamentals.  

How far the might have fallen. :facepalm:

I'm thinking in 2023 - even with a new coach, we will finally have a schedule that is favorable - if we don't get a bunch of guys transferring out  of the program. 

2022 is a bit easier wtout OSU on the schedule but if Frost is still head coach, we will have the same issues unless he makes all of the needed changes that seems so obvious to us highly trained arm chair coaches.  :P

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

How far the might have fallen. :facepalm:

I'm thinking in 2023 - even with a new coach, we will finally have a schedule that is favorable - if we don't get a bunch of guys transferring out  of the program. 

2022 is a bit easier wtout OSU on the schedule but if Frost is still head coach, we will have the same issues unless he makes all of the needed changes that seems so obvious to us highly trained arm chair coaches.  :P

Agreed.  2023, with a new coaching staff, will likely be the breakthrough season. 

So long as we consistently lose to the 4 teams I referenced, the schedule is largely irrelevant.  We will be bowl eligible when we turn the page on those 4 teams.