Northwestern Week Pressers

Mavric

36 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

I think it works better when you have a superstar like a Wistrom and then the Peter bros.  They don't have any of those on the team right now.  They don't have the one guy  dominating and not making a ton of mistakes of his own.  Easier to dismiss a guy who is on the same playing level as you.

Fair enough. Allen is a Captain right? He and Cam seem to be playing well on offense. Defense, there has to be several. Doman, Reimers, Stille? No truly off the charts dominant players- but good players who play really hard and aren't making a ton of mistakes. But yeah they have to be a bit of a badass and I know little of their personalities. 

12 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

Fair enough. Allen is a Captain right? He and Cam seem to be playing well on offense. Defense, there has to be several. Doman, Reimers, Stille? No truly off the charts dominant players- but good players who play really hard and aren't making a ton of mistakes. But yeah they have to be a bit of a badass and I know little of their personalities. 

I think part of the problem is the guys who are making the least amount of mistakes are more on the reserved side.  Stille seems to be quiet.  Allan seems to be quiet.  Reimers is just young and comes across like he isn't that guy.  Maybe I am way off base because I'm just going off how they seem in all their interviews.  I'm sure guys like CTB and Williams Sr get on guys but if they too are making mistakes it kinda goes in one ear and out the other.  

• Plus1 1
18 hours ago, Touchdown Tommie said:

Do you have first hand knowledge that he has not done anything before this comment made today?

"He says coach Scott Frost took on an added role today in practice with the O-line"

seems pretty significant that he made this comment, this way, not to mention the fact that there has been no change in the offenses performance all year...   Do you have any knowledge that this is NOT true..??

• Plus1 1

7 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Well the entire staff is going to be gone.

Chin will land of his feet right away.  Frost will take time off.  The DL coach will get a gig.  DB coach will get a gig.  Ruud will be done.

Verduzco still has the Harry Potter gig to fall back on right? Or are they done with the series?

I never was interested in that kind of thing- or Mister Rodgers either- he creeped me out . Kinda feel the same way about Verduzco. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, teachercd said:

Well the entire staff is going to be gone.

Chin will land of his feet right away.  Frost will take time off.  The DL coach will get a gig.  DB coach will get a gig.  Ruud will be done.

Chins will be the only one gone...  to a head coaching job at South Florida or FIU.  Nebraska wins 5 of their last 7 to save the rest of the staff.  A special teams coach is added.  2022 Nebraska goes 9-3 and is well on the way to recovery.   

Pretty damn unlikely but I'm still holding on.

• Oh Yeah! 4