Northwestern Week Pressers

Mavric

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

Well the entire staff is going to be gone.

Chin will land of his feet right away.  Frost will take time off.  The DL coach will get a gig.  DB coach will get a gig.  Ruud will be done.

Because the decision has already been made? Or, because no way in hell we win 4 more?

1 hour ago, Decoy73 said:

Because the decision has already been made? Or, because no way in hell we win 4 more?

If we win 4 more that would put us at 6-6 and make us bowl eligible, but we would still not have a winning regular season.  While I think the expectations for Frost having a winning season should have been by Year 3, I believe Alberts and company want Frost to be successful and would give him one more year if we finished 6-6.  If we finish 7-5 I think its guaranteed Frost is back.  If we finish 5-7 I really don't see how Alberts hangs onto Frost.  Time will tell.  Let's hope we finish the season 6-1 or 5-2.  The NW game this week is a must win as will be Minny and Purdue.  

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, HuskerNation1 said:

If we win 4 more that would put us at 6-6 and make us bowl eligible, but we would still not have a winning regular season.  While I think the expectations for Frost having a winning season should have been by Year 3, I believe Alberts and company want Frost to be successful and would give him one more year if we finished 6-6.  If we finish 7-5 I think its guaranteed Frost is back.  If we finish 5-7 I really don't see how Alberts hangs onto Frost.  Time will tell.  Let's hope we finish the season 6-1 or 5-2.  The NW game this week is a must win as will be Minny and Purdue.  

I think he is gone for sure...IF Trev has his guy lined up.

If Trev doesn't have that lined up, Frost is safe for sure.  Trev won't can him without the other contract all but signed. 

• Plus1 1

5 hours ago, teachercd said:

This is just my thoughts but what more does Trev need to see?

NU is in the weakest division in P5 football.  Wisconsin is horrible and only getting worse.  Minny had their year and since then have been back to ,500 ball and they will be worse next year.  NW is bad.  Purdue is bad.  Illinois is horrible.  Iowa is "the class" of the division this year and they are only favored by 4 at MD this weekend, think about that.

This division is ready for NU to do anything at all.  

A competent coach wins this division 75% of the time.  

I don't even know if winning 4 more matters.  NU should not be struggling to make a bowl game.  

Maybe we should wait until they play the majority of those teams you mentioned before passing judgement.  We actually could still win the west if Iowa drops a game somewhere along the way.  Unlikely but still possible.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, Hilltop said:

Maybe we should wait until they play the majority of those teams you mentioned before passing judgement.  We actually could still win the west if Iowa drops a game somewhere along the way.  Unlikely but still possible.

I guess but losing to those teams doesn't mean they are good, it means NU is bad, but there is no reason for that.  

• Plus1 1
53 minutes ago, Ulty said:

statistics GIFs - Primo GIF - Latest Animated GIFs

I'm sure nobody gave Northwestern a chance to win the west in 2018 either after starting 1-3 including losses to Akron, and Duke... but they did.  IF this team can solve to silly stuff, they would be the better team on the field for most of their remaining schedule.  I don't think it will happen but it would be less surprising than some other scenarios that have happened in recent years.  

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
  • Oh Yeah! 1

Winning the West isn't beyond the possible. This team is very capable of losing every remaining game on the schedule. This team is also very capable of winning every remaining game on the schedule. That's what makes the bone headed losses so frustrating. However this teams consistent shooting them self in the footitis and late game flops seems to make the latter option improbable.