Northwestern Week Pressers

Mavric

2 hours ago, KC Sker said:

I hear ya. I'm all about inovation and evolution IF it's at least comparable, if not better than the established way of doing things.

He did make mention that most of the top rushing teams in college and the pros run zone blocking (Wisconsin, Iowa, Minn in our own League). I'm not an O line play aficionado so I'm just taking him at his word. 

Scott also talked about lack of nastiness in the presser. Who knows, maybe we if we taught our guys to maul the guy in front of you and steal his soul on every play, they would be more, well...nasty I guess. 

We run a tone of zone blocking. If it's not a counter, pass, power, or QB run it's usually inside/outside zone blocking. We've stopped running outside zone as much because we were atrocious at it the first 3 games and all of last year.

• Plus1 1

13 hours ago, KC Sker said:

Ive said in the past Austin should be shown the door because it's ultimately his job to get the results out of the system but Scott needs to realize zone blocking is the way to go. 

I agree with you on Austin. However this is primarily a zone blocking team. Most of the inside runs you see are zone blocked. Scott ran lots of zone at Oregon and even some at NU. That is his bread and butter play.