Michigan State Play-by-Play

Mavric

44 minutes ago, Mavric said:

This is a heck of a play against a very solid back with a head of steam.

I also like the pursuit of Garrett Nelson  from the down position and opposite side.  While he wasn't going to catch the RB, he showed a lot of hustle getting in the area in case 'his services were needed'. 

• Plus1 1

53 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I didn't notice this until now but it really looks like something is screwed up between Martinez and Stepp.  Martinez doesn't come out of that mesh very smooth, makes an odd turn and then takes off.  Sure seems like a broken play to me.

Might be why Stepp doesn't see as much playing time. This only see.s to be common with him.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Nebraska55fan said:

The mesh was clunky, then Martinez takes an extra step. It's a play we've run before- the TE pulls to block first to show- Martinez keeps. It gets ugly due to the defensive lines ridiculous penetration. 

Yes and the TE barely gets around the rushing DT guy who bull rushes over our Left Guard.  The DT just about blew up the whole play by himself. 

• Plus1 1

8 minutes ago, All Hail Herbie said:

Very good play.  Just like Coach drew it up and practiced it.  He even found a way to include a faux stumble when the defender grabbed at his ankle.  I knew our offensive coaching was special.

100% improvisation by a gifted athlete.  Who needs practice?

I think the NCAA is looking into that bold part. 

• 2 weeks later...

This is actually a really interesting, in depth breakdown of a lot of plays. Really gets into concepts and possibilities for each play. 60-90 seconds for each play.

Too bad he's two games behind. He was doing this last week but didn't get done until now. Would be interesting if he jumps to the Michigan game.

• Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, Mavric said:

This is actually a really interesting, in depth breakdown of a lot of plays. Really gets into concepts and possibilities for each play. 60-90 seconds for each play.

Too bad he's two games behind. He was doing this last week but didn't get done until now. Would be interesting if he jumps to the Michigan game.

First play 

Not sure Ive seen a more egregious offensive holding against Daniels. Nice tackle by the Center- he should look at playing DT