The Courts (not specific to either party)

12 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Yes - go to the prayer closet instead of parading it around like the Pharisees.  Of course there is a place and time for public prayer.   In this case, a voluntary prayer of thanks after the game shouldn't be an issue.  If he was all alone and seeking attention that would be more Pharisee like.    

It’s a football game…God doesn’t care.

on field prayer is 100% about attention and grandstanding.

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

He was fired for leading a prayer after a football game. He is a victim, at least on some levels.

Being a victim and playing the victim are two separate things, and can both simultaneously be true of someone.

19 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Yes - go to the prayer closet instead of parading it around like the Pharisees.  Of course there is a place and time for public prayer.   In this case, a voluntary prayer of thanks after the game shouldn't be an issue.  If he was all alone and seeking attention that would be more Pharisee like.    

I think the circumstances proved that this was attention-seeking when, after being asked to do it privately (which may or may not be fair), he refused and doubled down on the insistence of doing it at the 50 yard line. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

I disagree. But, even if I did, someone shouldn’t be fired for choosing to pray somewhere in public. 

I get it, he probably shouldn’t lose his job.  But I have zero frustrations that he did.

My point, if he was such an attention whore, he would have never brought this drama at all.

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

You just summed up why he should have brought the lawsuit.  Thanks. 

Ok. You got me; for something I never said…:dunno

My comment was basically that if he had acted with a little modesty in his prayers he wouldn’t have had to sue at all.

When you demand attention, you tend to get it.

Ever look at the 11 rules for being a satanist (on earth), kind of normal...bad 80's movies really gave them a bad name.

1. Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.
  2. Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.
  3. When in another’s lair, show him respect or else do not go there.
  4. If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.
  5. Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.
  6. Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved.
  7. Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.
  8. Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.
  9. Do not harm little children.
  10. Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.
  11. When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.