The Courts (not specific to either party)

10 hours ago, funhusker said:

Hence my post.

By your logic,  I can then assume you're okay with conservative justices getting gifts since you didn't mention them in this post.

Got it...

The schtick continues... Archy only sees nuances when it suites his tastes. As I said, investigate all of them. Being a public servant should not be a form of personal enrichment via wealth. Our congress people, presidents, and justices absolutely should not be getting sweetheart deals from donors, dark money, lobbyist or anyone who stands to gain from their ruling through conflicts of interest.

Sotomayor should have recused herself, but to act like the actions of these two justice are similar is hilarious. If she deserves some kind of reprimand then Thomas deserves expulsion.

• Fire 1
  • TBH 4

37 minutes ago, ZRod said:

The schtick continues... Archy only sees nuances when it suites his tastes. As I said, investigate all of them. Being a public servant should not be a form of personal enrichment via wealth. Our congress people, presidents, and justices absolutely should not be getting sweetheart deals from donors, dark money, lobbyist or anyone who stands to gain from their ruling through conflicts of interest.

Sotmayo should have recused herself, but to act like the actions of these two justice are similar is hilarious. If she deserves some kind of reprimand then Thomas deserves expulsion.

Yet you still don’t reference the hundred plus trips RGB or Breyer took.   Your schtick is getting old. 

it’s quite funny I earlier referenced liberal justice trips and yet you still want to just go back to try and suggest I only compare a publishing deal and by the way a case that she presided over with said publishing company and Justice Thomas issues.  Pfft. 

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Yet you still don’t reference the hundred plus trips RGB or Breyer took.   Your schtick is getting old.

As if you, and me, and all of us don't do this s#!t constantly. Seriously, get over yourself, you're just as selective in your attention and care and remarks as anyone else. 

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1
  • TBH 1
4 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

As if you, and me, and all of us don't do this s#!t constantly. Seriously, get over yourself, you're just as selective in your attention and care and remarks as anyone else. 

In relation to SCOTUS, no I don’t.   I don’t really have an issue with the Justices taking this trips and I assume they are big girls and boys and their general law mindset is already made.   Most conservative justices take a conservative view point of the law and vise versa with liberals.  A few tend to be swing justices.   A trip or two a year hasn’t seemed to change their mindset based on voting patterns. This isn’t a shocking revelation to most of us.   Well except for people on this board. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Archy1221 said:

In relation to SCOTUS, no I don’t.   I don’t really have an issue with the Justices taking this trips and I assume they are big girls and boys and their general law mindset is already made.   Most conservative justices take a conservative view point of the law and vise versa with liberals.  A few tend to be swing justices.   A trip or two a year hasn’t seemed to change their mindset based on voting patterns. This isn’t a shocking revelation to most of us.   Well except for people on this board. 

I don't think it's the trips as much as it's the: 

*Buying property 

*Paying thousands to the crazy wife of a SCOTUS judge

The corruption here is OBVIOUS. But honestly Thomas could sacrifice babies from the bench during oral arguments and Conservatives would still rationalize why it's normal. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 1
21 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I don't think it's the trips as much as it's the: 

*Buying property 

*Paying thousands to the crazy wife of a SCOTUS judge

The corruption here is OBVIOUS. But honestly Thomas could sacrifice babies from the bench during oral arguments and Conservatives would still rationalize why it's normal. 

Well of course it’s not “the trips”. If it were, the left would have to “trip” over themselves to avoid talking about the patron saint RBG or Breyer, or Kagan, or……..but they don’t want to do that. 

• Plus1 1

Well of course it’s not “the trips”. If it were, the left would have to “trip” over themselves to avoid talking about the patron saint RBG or Breyer, or Kagan, or……..but they don’t want to do that. 

Multiple posters have already said they'd be fine with investigating all the judges. As of right now, WAY more has come out about Thomas, so you're really showing your bias in trying to minimize it.

• Fire 1
  • TBH 2
20 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Multiple posters have already said they'd be fine with investigating all the judges. As of right now, WAY more has come out about Thomas, so you're really showing your bias in trying to minimize it.

That’s a weird conclusion about bias since I don’t care that any of the Justices have taken any trips:thumbs   

• Plus1 1

That’s a weird conclusion about bias since I don’t care that any of the Justices have taken any trips:thumbs   

Now I'm really confused...

YOUR'E the one that's actually okay with liberal judges getting lavish gifts and trips paid for?!?!?

• Plus1 1
Just now, funhusker said:

Now I'm really confused...

YOUR'E the one that's actually okay with liberal judges getting lavish gifts and trips paid for?!?!?

Ya, I’ve said as much prob three times now.  I’ve also said if you want to complain about Thomas trips, then let’s follow through and complain about all justice trips.  

• Plus1 1
31 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Ya, I’ve said as much prob three times now.  I’ve also said if you want to complain about Thomas trips, then let’s follow through and complain about all justice trips.  

Ha. Start with Scalia and all his "hunting trips" with republican boosters and big wigs. Look into who owns the hunting reserve he died at. There were always questions about whether Scalie died "of natural causes." The only reason this wasn't a full blown conspiracy theory is because if there was foul play it was an inside job. 

• Haha 2