WR Malachi Coleman

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

62 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Coleman commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

On 8/1/2022 at 11:56 AM, Huskerfollower4life said:

If Coleman commits due to the team success this year what happens if he has to face team advisory in his follow years does he transfer out or would you say hope he commits for the right reasons??

The ball is in Nebraska's court. They have the chance to land him, and to keep him, if all the positive talk they're spewing is true. Can't really blame an elite prospect for wanting to leave if the staff/team he's on isn't performing up to standard. I guarantee that during his time here, if we lose 2 or 3 in a row there will be people in his ear telling him he needs to get out of here. Up to Frost & Co. to ensure that doesn't happen.

21 minutes ago, teachercd said:

That is fast and it really goes to show what a freak Usain Bolt was...because he never looked to be slow out of the blocks or struggling.  

Coleman will be a huge get.

It's actually kind of crazy how good his times are when he starts so slow.

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

The ball is in Nebraska's court. They have the chance to land him, and to keep him, if all the positive talk they're spewing is true. Can't really blame an elite prospect for wanting to leave if the staff/team he's on isn't performing up to standard. I guarantee that during his time here, if we lose 2 or 3 in a row there will be people in his ear telling him he needs to get out of here. Up to Frost & Co. to ensure that doesn't happen.

True he just has to understand that playing for Nebraska it comes with advisory or scrutiny. If he does commit I don't blame SF one bit if he tries to teach him patience and he doesn't . Patience to make a impact or role in his first year here. I know alot of kids are about the now but from what I've seen highly recruited kids trend to make quicker decisions on their future if things are not necessarily going their way and i hope people in his corner understand that too. SF wants the best for kids to succeed but sometimes kids don't wait around long enough to see it through.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Mavric said:

It's actually kind of crazy how good his times are when he starts so slow.

@Mavric, I wonder if this translates over to football and to what degree.  What I mean by this is, as a WR it's that explosion that creates separation ... and I'll be curious if at the college level he can do that.  In no way am I suggestion that I don't want him, I do, but I'm curious if he speed in the 100 really translates to the degree it seem it would to others if prior to getting up to that "speed" he is actually slower than most.  I don't know if this is true ... but at present it's probably his size and intangibles that have made him a standout player.  My guess is his speed does as well, but moving forward I wonder how it all translates to the college level of speed.  

His body type sort-of reminds me of Fidone and I'm hoping his body can hold up better in college play than Fidone and stay away from the injury bug.

But there’s another important piece he can’t evaluate until September and October — winning.

“If you can’t put it together then I’m not going to go to your school,” Coleman said. “I want to have a good football team. I don’t want to go somewhere that doesn’t know how to get it done. I want to go somewhere I know is going to be stable.”

• Plus1 2
  • Mavric changed the title to WR Malachi Coleman [Nebraska Commit]
  • Mavric changed the title to WR Malachi Coleman
  • Mavric pinned this topic
  • Mavric unpinned this topic