WR Malachi Coleman

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

62 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Coleman commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

23 hours ago, BigRedN said:

I actually don't think he is thinking clearly if he is waiting until October 15.  We will be 6-1 easily based on how great everyone is doing.  The season really doesn't start until the Michigan game.  Based on what Nebraska has done in recent years, I would wait and see how we play to finish the season.  How do we handle those last four games?  Did we beat Minni at home as we should?   Are we in the game at Michigan until the end?  Did we find a way to lose to Wisky at home and how we were on the road at Iowa?  Did we break the seven [7] year losing record?  

There is absolutely no way if I'm that talented that I commit to Nebraska if we are 6-1.  That will mean absolutely nothing to me.

Since I believe we will five [5] games, I don't believe he comes to :bigredn:.  I'll be curious who snags him and if he ends up in the B1G.

I see what you're saying.  But, if we start 6-1, it's not like people can't see how we are playing on the field.  Are we winning these games easily and looking like a competent football team?  Did we lose to OU by a few points at the end and they are undefeated?  Or, did we squeak by with the wins while still committing the same stupid mistakes and get blown out by OU and OU doesn't look that good?

It's not like we won't know anything about the team by that time.  Also, isn't around the first of October when Frost's contract gets readjusted back to what it was if we keep him....or we let him go?

• Plus1 1

5 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Coachspeak. They say the same stuff every year, because they know it's what the fans want to hear. Pacification. Unfortunately, once the season starts, the truth is unveiled. Hopefully this year it'll be different.

I was just reading an update from on3.com about the RB rotation.  Here is what was stated, “I’ve been really pleased with a lot of guys in the running back room,” Frost said.

So, the "really pleased" stuff is the same "coachspeak" from previous seasons.  This type of talk would be better stated as, "The running backs seem pleased with their effort.  Of course, we are in need of several players to step up.  We haven't had any player get to the necessary level, neither are we seeing the OL provide the next level consistency necessary."

Ya, more words here ... and all pointed to where we are to win the B1G and go to the playoff.  

"Really good" has only merited 3-9 records for this team.

• Plus1 1
7 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

It happens every year -- all spring/summer we hear about the "progress" and "improvement'... then the first game hits, and it's the same old sloppy, mistake-filled comedy of errors. That's why I pay very little attention to what the coaches say. I let the play on the field do the talking.

True but do you believe that it will be different this year with the pieces that they brought in and the high caliber of coaches??? I do!!!!

• Haha 4
  • Oh Yeah! 1
3 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

True but do you believe that it will be different this year with the pieces that they brought in and the high caliber of coaches??? I do!!!!

Actually, I do! I think Frost will at least do enough to keep his job, although I do expect the defense to take a step backwards, and for us to still have O-line issues. With this schedule, if we can't have a winning season and at least make it to a bowl, and beat some decent teams along the way and show that we're on the up-and-up, then he deserves his fate. Gotta get off to a strong start vs. NW... no letdowns in Dublin!

18 hours ago, BigRedN said:

I was just reading an update from on3.com about the RB rotation.  Here is what was stated, “I’ve been really pleased with a lot of guys in the running back room,” Frost said.

So, the "really pleased" stuff is the same "coachspeak" from previous seasons.  This type of talk would be better stated as, "The running backs seem pleased with their effort.  Of course, we are in need of several players to step up.  We haven't had any player get to the necessary level, neither are we seeing the OL provide the next level consistency necessary."

Ya, more words here ... and all pointed to where we are to win the B1G and go to the playoff.  

"Really good" has only merited 3-9 records for this team.

You do realize what is said in public isn't the same as what is said in private? And not all situations are similar?

The lengths some people go to just to b!^@h astounds me. The song and dance routine has been going on for years and years in so many different places. Learn to filter things out on your own and don't worry about the coachspeak.

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, desertshox said:

You do realize what is said in public isn't the same as what is said in private? And not all situations are similar?

The lengths some people go to just to b!^@h astounds me. The song and dance routine has been going on for years and years in so many different places. Learn to filter things out on your own and don't worry about the coachspeak.

Getting off subject of Coleman taking Nebraska for face value or not. He has to decide that if Nebraska goes 8-4 or 9-3 or 7-5 is that progress. Is it worth it to come here bc it could be totally different next year and he would have to live with that. Even if Nebraska goes to a bowl game this year i don't think that Coleman truly believes in the fact that Nebraska is on the up and up.

3 hours ago, desertshox said:

Oh really ... wow ... I had no clue.  

FYI, you did an "unbelievable job" with this post.  You are "a really good" writer.  Your leadership is unparalleled.  We need more posters here that "have the character and hard work you are showing" ... you "are a great asset to this team".  You are "a great addition" to the greatest fans on earth.

... [record after the season  ... 3-9]

• Plus1 1
32 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

Oh really ... wow ... I had no clue.  

FYI, you did an "unbelievable job" with this post.  You are "a really good" writer.  Your leadership is unparalleled.  We need more posters here that "have the character and hard work you are showing" ... you "are a great asset to this team".  You are "a great addition" to the greatest fans on earth.

... [record after the season  ... 3-9]

Are you really trying this hard to demean me? If you are that upset with meaningless coachspeak go out and do some yard work. It's really not worth getting worked up about. And most of us will know if it was just more hollow words from Frost in 17 days when we watch the team play.

And can we stop trashing the recruits thread? Some people check them to see if there is anything new in them.

• Plus1 2
46 minutes ago, desertshox said:

Are you really trying this hard to demean me? If you are that upset with meaningless coachspeak go out and do some yard work. It's really not worth getting worked up about. And most of us will know if it was just more hollow words from Frost in 17 days when we watch the team play.

And can we stop trashing the recruits thread? Some people check them to see if there is anything new in them.

Um, that response I made was exaggerating the point.  I would reverse this ... I could have said the same thing, "Are you really trying this hard to demean me?"  I've been an avid Husker fan since 1970 and have been on the board and followed the team and recruiting for many, many years.  I think I've heard a few coaches speak about the upcoming season with "coachspeak".  Frosty is not necessarily a "new level", but at 3-9, the team could handle a bit less bloviation of all the improvements and just shut and play.  

It's the internet ... I think you are reading into being "worked up".  But, I will get off this thread.  :-)  I think Mr. Coleman actually gets what some of us are feeling.  In that sense ... smart kid.  Hope he waits until our Huskers prove our "just words".

• Plus1 2

On 8/9/2022 at 1:15 PM, BigRedBuster said:

I see what you're saying.  But, if we start 6-1, it's not like people can't see how we are playing on the field.  Are we winning these games easily and looking like a competent football team?  Did we lose to OU by a few points at the end and they are undefeated?  Or, did we squeak by with the wins while still committing the same stupid mistakes and get blown out by OU and OU doesn't look that good?

It's not like we won't know anything about the team by that time.  Also, isn't around the first of October when Frost's contract gets readjusted back to what it was if we keep him....or we let him go?

I thought the only thing contract wise changing after the first month was that his buyout was actually going to go DOWN substantially. 

I always took it as the Athletic Department saying "show us the goods right away, because it's going to be a lot easier to fire you at midseason."  And also Frost saying, "Give me the first 6 games to show you what we can do.  After that..."

52 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I thought the only thing contract wise changing after the first month was that his buyout was actually going to go DOWN substantially. 

I always took it as the Athletic Department saying "show us the goods right away, because it's going to be a lot easier to fire you at midseason."  And also Frost saying, "Give me the first 6 games to show you what we can do.  After that..."

I believe the buyout was reduced. But, after 6 or 7 games, if he’s not fired, it goes back up. 

Please correct me if I’m wrong. 

• Haha 1
  • Mavric changed the title to WR Malachi Coleman [Nebraska Commit]
  • Mavric changed the title to WR Malachi Coleman
  • Mavric pinned this topic
  • Mavric unpinned this topic