WR Malachi Coleman

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

62 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Coleman commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, THROW_DEM_BONES said:

This one hurts. A LOT:bang

Not so sure it does.  Wasn't super impressed with his senior season stats and also has not shown even close to being the hardest worker in the room. WR tend to be diva's in general I know, and obviously he is physically gifted.  Hope the kid proves me wrong but I wouldn't be surprised to watch this one bust.

• Plus1 4
  • Mavric changed the title to WR Malachi Coleman
  • Mavric unpinned this topic
20 hours ago, Husker03 said:

Not so sure it does.  Wasn't super impressed with his senior season stats and also has not shown even close to being the hardest worker in the room. WR tend to be diva's in general I know, and obviously he is physically gifted.  Hope the kid proves me wrong but I wouldn't be surprised to watch this one bust.

I was always concerned with what position he would play in college.  I agree that he's a great enough athlete that it's great to figure out, but I think his ceiling would be better at DE, but he seemed like he always wanted to be WR.  I think he was very raw at WR.  Of course, with his speed and size, you can call a deep ball to him once a quarter, but I think he had a long way to go to be a great WR.

• Plus1 1

20 hours ago, Husker03 said:

6 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I was always concerned with what position he would play in college.  I agree that he's a great enough athlete that it's great to figure out, but I think his ceiling would be better at DE, but he seemed like he always wanted to be WR.  I think he was very raw at WR.  Of course, with his speed and size, you can call a deep ball to him once a quarter, but I think he had a long way to go to be a great WR.

If we are going to be the "premier development program" in the country though, this is exactly the kind of kid you need - elite athlete who needs a lot of work on the actual football part of his game. Programs that are great at developing kids are able to recruit and develop kids with traits that give them a high ceiling. No amount of development will turn a team of subpar athletes into a great team.

• TBH 1
21 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

If we are going to be the "premier development program" in the country though, this is exactly the kind of kid you need - elite athlete who needs a lot of work on the actual football part of his game. Programs that are great at developing kids are able to recruit and develop kids with traits that give them a high ceiling. No amount of development will turn a team of subpar athletes into a great team.

I have never said NU shouldn't take him and he would be a great get with the history of Rhule developing players.  I just think it will be interesting to see what position he ends up playing.  I think Coleman could be a NFL player if he were to choose DE, but I don't think that's where his heart is (which is fair).

• Plus1 1

• Mavric pinned this topic