WR Malachi Coleman

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

62 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Coleman commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

35 minutes ago, TheSker said:

What does a stable foundation look like?

What are you, like 12 yo? Weren’t you around in the 80s & 90s? That would be a stable foundation. Sanders may bring some excitement and bling to a downtrodden program like CU but when he leaves, and he will leave there relatively soon, they will quickly fall back to where they were the day he showed up. Anybody that thinks his stint at CU ends any differently is fooling themselves.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, HANC said:

All about Drama…. He and mom…. Hype,hype,hype…. Why even post that on Twitter, other than to get more comments… he is a stud, but yikes…. It’s always been a soap opera with him

He is a 17/18 year old kid with hundreds of thousands of NIL dollars at stake & a potential NFL future. He has already done amazing work for the community given his position/age. It’s alright. 

• Plus1 5
  • Fire 1

His mom is a Nebraska fan to her core, and there’s at least a small chance she or a family member reads this thread. Let’s remember it’s just one crystal ball and we haven’t officially lost him yet.

I know that sometimes it’s flash and BS that recruits fall for but in the Wiltfong article, Malachi stated they like Colorado’s offensive game plan for him. Maybe it’s just that simple.

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, Caliborn72 said:

His mom is a Nebraska fan to her core, and there’s at least a small chance she or a family member reads this thread. Let’s remember it’s just one crystal ball and we haven’t officially lost him yet.

I know that sometimes it’s flash and BS that recruits fall for but in the Wiltfong article, Malachi stated they like Colorado’s offensive game plan for him. Maybe it’s just that simple.

Or maybe its a plow to tell recruits what they want to hear in order to draw them into your program.  Good example is Wandale Robinson. We told him one thing and it was completely different then that. 

17 minutes ago, Caliborn72 said:

If his decision comes down to what a random poster on a message board types….we’ll, enough said.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

I think this whole thing is rediculious.  First of all that one austin martin is quite a few years old.  I dont think modern HYPE community even accept that as cool.  Was probably the only booster car they could find that was Gold in color.  2nd thing is that if this is what this young man wants then so be it.  We can take all the high road or whatnot all we want but if this young man gets turned away by bling and flash when he knows he could go to nebraska and get paid just as well.  Then thats the way he wants.  I dont want people like that who are so easly tricked by flash and gold.  I will tell you what, i was really all in on prime but the more i look into everything ive seen transpire on him going to colorado ive made a entire 180.  He could go 10-2 next year and id feel the same way.  I want the old school way where people want to learn to do something well to move on to that next level.  Prime seems like the person who puts him image first and if your good enough to come along for the ride then great.  And if this young man from nebraska wants that, then colorado can keep him.  Just make sure and give him a extra greeting when we face him.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

What are you, like 12 yo? Weren’t you around in the 80s & 90s? That would be a stable foundation. Sanders may bring some excitement and bling to a downtrodden program like CU but when he leaves, and he will leave there relatively soon, they will quickly fall back to where they were the day he showed up. Anybody that thinks his stint at CU ends any differently is fooling themselves.

I am in my 50s and very familiar with Nebraska in the 80s and 90s.

I asked the question beciase of the radical changes in college football since the 90s.

Here are four significant ones.

TV contracts/revenue sharing

Partial qualifiers

Schollie limits

Transfer portal

So as a genuine question....what does a "foundation " look like at Nebraska now?

26 minutes ago, TheSker said:

I am in my 50s and very familiar with Nebraska in the 80s and 90s.

I asked the question beciase of the radical changes in college football since the 90s.

Here are four significant ones.

TV contracts/revenue sharing

Partial qualifiers

Schollie limits

Transfer portal

So as a genuine question....what does a "foundation " look like at Nebraska now?

Kind of strange I need to answer. 

Build the team back to being a talented/developed program. One where there is reasonable depth to sustain a certain level of success. Making bowl games.  Competing for conference championships. 

Also, we end up with upper classmen that have a culture that they instill in incoming players of what is expected as a Husker. 

A culture that can be passed on to the next coach…when that eventually happens. 

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric pinned this topic