WR Malachi Coleman

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

62 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Coleman commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

3 hours ago, HANC said:

All about Drama…. He and mom…. Hype,hype,hype…. Why even post that on Twitter, other than to get more comments… he is a stud, but yikes…. It’s always been a soap opera with him

Sooo….a$$ hole fans message recruits because they can’t handle the idea of him going somewhere else….and the problem is the kid that simply says he hasn’t badmouthed Nebraska.  

O…k

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 2
  • TBH 2
2 hours ago, TheSker said:

I am in my 50s and very familiar with Nebraska in the 80s and 90s.

I asked the question beciase of the radical changes in college football since the 90s.

Here are four significant ones.

TV contracts/revenue sharing

Partial qualifiers

Schollie limits

Transfer portal

So as a genuine question....what does a "foundation " look like at Nebraska now?

I don’t think it looks any different at Nebraska than it does at any of the current top programs. Our biggest obstacle keeping us from being tOSU, Michigan, Alabama etc. is winning and getting this headed back in the right direction. Sure were always going to have a little harder row to hoe with recruiting but winning begets winning and will make the recruiting much easier. Other than that, we can have the same foundation anyone else can.

• TBH 1
22 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Sooo….a$$ hole fans message recruits because they can’t handle the idea of him going somewhere else….and the problem is the kid that simply says he hasn’t badmouthed Nebraska.  

O…k

So you just came to the party? Go back and look at the entire recruitment. From day 1 with all of the tweets from he and mom…. My post was all encompassing, not reactive to this one tweet. 

• Plus1 1

23 minutes ago, HANC said:

So you just came to the party? Go back and look at the entire recruitment. From day 1 with all of the tweets from he and mom…. My post was all encompassing, not reactive to this one tweet. 

I’ve followed his recruitment from the beginning. Very interesting story and kid. 

So, I ask again. a$$h@!e fans message a recruit and the problem is the kid when he just says he hasn’t badmouthed Nebraska?  

sooo….are you the fan that messaged him and that’s why your upset…because your feelings are hurt….If not, that’s what you’re coming off as.  

• Plus1 4
20 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I don’t think it looks any different at Nebraska than it does at any of the current top programs. Our biggest obstacle keeping us from being tOSU, Michigan, Alabama etc. is winning and getting this headed back in the right direction. Sure were always going to have a little harder row to hoe with recruiting but winning begets winning and will make the recruiting much easier. Other than that, we can have the same foundation anyone else can.

Sounds simple enough.

4 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Sounds simple enough.

I don’t know about simple but it certainly doesn’t need to look different at Nebraska than it does any place else.

It’s why I blame Pederson and Callahan the most for our last 20 years. It’s much easier to keep a functional machine running than it is to have to start over. No it won’t be simple or easy but the right people with the right plan can see it done.

14 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I’ve followed his recruitment from the beginning. Very interesting story and kid. 

So, I ask again. a$$h@!e fans message a recruit and the problem is the kid when he just says he hasn’t badmouthed Nebraska?  

sooo….are you the fan that messaged him and that’s why your upset…because your feelings are hurt….If not, that’s what you’re coming off as.  

No, I am not the person. Never have and never will. My feelings are not hurt at all and I am not upset at all. I made a comment about how he has been full of drama. I am not the only one who has said this, but apparently the only one tonight. I really hope he ends up here, I just prefer when every aspect isn’t played out on social media. 

As for the dumba$$ people who engage in contacting hs kids as fans, they are an utter embarrassment.

• Plus1 1
16 minutes ago, HANC said:

No, I am not the person. Never have and never will. My feelings are not hurt at all and I am not upset at all. I made a comment about how he has been full of drama. I am not the only one who has said this, but apparently the only one tonight. I really hope he ends up here, I just prefer when every aspect isn’t played out on social media. 

As for the dumba$$ people who engage in contacting hs kids as fans, they are an utter embarrassment.

Also, this is a small majority of an entire fan base that’s treating him like that.  If he is on social media than it’s an avenue for positive and negative comments to be said.  It’s hurtful, but this seems a little over dramatic by him.  Again just a small portion of the fan base acting like that, and yet he brought the attention back on himself as if an entire fan base is attacking him.  Brush it off kid, the world will always have critics.

• Haha 3

48 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

You’re going to find morons in any fanbase.

Because there are morons doesn’t mean you can’t have an opinion that may not be popular.

I think this kid is extremely gifted.  I’ve also grown tired of the drama.  I think it’s fair for anyone to conclude he’s the hot chick on beach with everything hanging out soaking in as much attention as possible.

His better bet is Nebraska just because of NIL.     But I’m at the point I don’t care anymore.  I hope he signs anywhere this week so we can all move on.

• Plus1 2
3 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

You’re going to find morons in any fanbase.

Because there are morons doesn’t mean you can’t have an opinion that may not be popular.

I think this kid is extremely gifted.  I’ve also grown tired of the drama.  I think it’s fair for anyone to conclude he’s the hot chick on beach with everything hanging out soaking in as much attention as possible.

His better bet is Nebraska just because of NIL.     But I’m at the point I don’t care anymore.  I hope he signs anywhere this week so we can all move on.

Just because there are a$$ holes in every fan base, doesnt mean they shouldn’t be called out as being a$$ holes. Which, he didn’t do.  The idiots in this are the fans doing it.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1
12 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Just because there are a$$ holes in every fan base, doesnt mean they shouldn’t be called out as being a$$ holes. Which, he didn’t do.  The idiots in this are the fans doing it.  

I think we are "debating" two different things.  I don't believe that anyone is saying that it is ok for fans to be a$$ to kids, in fact, I think that most people on here would agree that fans shouldn't even make contact with recruits......should almost be off limits as far as morality is concerned.

All I was saying is that he is full of drama.  Not saying he is a bad person or that I don't want him to be a Husker....just saying the social media is getting a little old.  If you are going to put your life out on social media, you better have thick skin and be able to ignore things.  If you can't handle the negative, maybe you should live a little more private.  We teach this in our leadership class.  It was going as far as mom tweeting about "rumors" on why he wasn't playing on a few Friday nights.  It's almost like they are way too worried about what other's think than what they are feeling.  It will be tough being a DI, P5 stud if you always feel the need to respond to the negative.  Almost like an umpire who has rabbit ears and is always looking for conflict.

• Plus1 2
  • Mavric pinned this topic