WR Malachi Coleman

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

62 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Coleman commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

3 minutes ago, huskerfan702 said:

When the kool aid is all out the toxicity around here works double time. If the kid doesn’t wanna be here suck it up and act your age

The kid is drama, didn't put in work his senior season, didn't put up stats his senior season,  has a piss poor diva attitude.  As it stands right now, it's a tragic waste of athleticism. Maybe the flash of Deion is exactly what he needs, (doubt it.) This kid will have to crash hard at least once before he becomes the player that he can be, if he can even ever become that. Were he going to Bama or OSU I'd say he has a chance to embrace the culture, get to work, grow up and compete. But going to Aston Martin U with all of the other last minute dudes attracted to shiny things that are much more likely to grind out of the gate is not a recipe for success. If this kid has an adult in his life that can sit him down and look at things objectively, he'd better listen. Doesn't have to be NU, but there are much better fits at this time to mold him into the player/man he is gonna need to be. If he's flying solo on this decision, he'll have to endure some bumps, no doubt.

4 minutes ago, Husker03 said:

The kid is drama, didn't put in work his senior season, didn't put up stats his senior season,  has a piss poor diva attitude.  As it stands right now, it's a tragic waste of athleticism. Maybe the flash of Deion is exactly what he needs, (doubt it.) This kid will have to crash hard at least once before he becomes the player that he can be, if he can even ever become that. Were he going to Bama or OSU I'd say he has a chance to embrace the culture, get to work, grow up and compete. But going to Aston Martin U with all of the other last minute dudes attracted to shiny things that are much more likely to grind out of the gate is not a recipe for success. If this kid has an adult in his life that can sit him down and look at things objectively, he'd better listen. Doesn't have to be NU, but there are much better fits at this time to mold him into the player/man he is gonna need to be. If he's flying solo on this decision, he'll have to endure some bumps, no doubt.

Maybe your right but imagine being the kid reading grown men psycho analyzing him because of a choice that’s well within his right to make. You’re a grown man behind a screen  name with no attachment to the kid but he should listen to you and your opinion on his life? No matter what is going into his process and character it should be some boundaries with these kids and this conversation has been crossing the line for days

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Husker03 said:

he had a different QB.  Walters was good.

I have heard from people directly associated with him that effort is a concern.

I guess Karen thinks that’s a toxic statement 

2 minutes ago, huskerfan702 said:

Maybe your right but imagine being the kid reading grown men psycho analyzing him because of a choice that’s well within his right to make. You’re a grown man behind a screen  name with no attachment to the kid but he should listen to you and your opinion on his life? No matter what is going into his process and character it should be some boundaries with these kids and this conversation has been crossing the line for days

I never said he should listen to me at all, I have no idea where would be best for him. Nobody pyscho analyzing him, but for those of us with kids attending East high currently, there is plenty of smoke about a kid who has always just magically been better than all of the competition and his work surrounding that. Again, I ACTUALLY said I hope he chooses a culture that will embrace his talent and allow him to grow up in a solid culture to develop into the NFL WR he can be, and I don't much care if it is NU. In fact, I am not even sure where NU currently stands and I would probably tell him to go elsewhere. I felt it was the right place with Mickey in the fold, but who knows what the room and program in general even look like moving forward. That said,  I am not sure simply out athlete-ing the rest of the NCAA is in the cards for him. I don't get the sense that Deion is a development guy that will coddle and work with players. When you enter the locker room and tell the roster to hit the portal if you aren't making the cut, I am not convinced that if Coleman stumbles out of the gate there will be a soft landing for him in that program. 

• Plus1 3
  • Mavric pinned this topic