WR Malachi Coleman

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

62 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Coleman commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

40 minutes ago, Mavric said:

He wants to run the 100 meters for the Husker track team.  Looking to set some more high school records this spring so he's not enrolling at UNL until June.

Playing in the Polynesian Bowl which is Friday at 8 PM CST on NFL Network.

He is crazy fast.  With that being said he is the 3rd Fastest incoming Freshman on the football team.  

• Oh Yeah! 1

10 minutes ago, Mavric said:

But I think all of them are fast enough to be on the track team.  Two of them are planning on it for sure.

I agree.  Not a knock on Coleman, just pointing out the emphasis put on speed for our skill players in Rhule's first class.  Turner would have placed at the B1G conference meet as a JR in HS.  It will be fun to watch these guys develop on the field and on the track.  Coleman seems very raw  with unlimited potential in both football and track. 

• Plus1 1

On 1/16/2023 at 8:45 PM, BigRedBuster said:

I thought it looked like Coleman won. 

https://247sports.com/Article/Polynesian-Bowl-Top-Performers-For-the-Week-spencer-fano-nico-iamaleava-francis-mauigoa-tennessee-vols-Trech-Kekahuna--203245648/ MC gets a mention.  He lost the race but no big deal.  I want to know what would MC have to do to get a fifth star?  Alot of people have mentioned him as one of the top performers for bowl game practices?

8 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

https://247sports.com/Article/Polynesian-Bowl-Top-Performers-For-the-Week-spencer-fano-nico-iamaleava-francis-mauigoa-tennessee-vols-Trech-Kekahuna--203245648/ MC gets a mention.  He lost the race but no big deal.  I want to know what would MC have to do to get a fifth star people alot of people have mentioned him as one of the top performers for bowl game practices?

I think two things: Competition & production 

NEXT FIVE OFFENSE
Malachi Coleman, WR- Nebraska
Coleman is one of the freakier athletes in this year’s event. He’s all of 6-3.5, pushing 200 pounds and can RUN. He’s an explosive kid and has had multiple acrobatic catches showing off a nice catch radius. He has a track background and just narrowly lost to Branch in the fastest man competition but what impressed us this week is he’s not just a straight line guy but has some wiggle in his game too. He has all the tools to be an immediate impact player for the Huskers.

I didn't see this in here, but apparently he was going to play CB at Georgia if he didn't come here. It's crazy that you could make a case for him playing just about any defensive position outside of interior DL or MLB.

There was a lot of buzz late for Colorado but Coleman said he when he de-committed from Nebraska, he was planning to flip to Georgia and play corner. He did take a late visit to Colorado and the Buffs gave him a lot to think about.

https://247sports.com/Article/Polynesian-Bowl-Recruiting-Notebook-nico-iamaleava-rodrick-pleasant-malachi-coleman-matayo-uiagalelei-duce-robinson-Francis-Mauigoa-caleb-lomu-utah-ute-georgia-bulldogs--203105724/