WR Malachi Coleman

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

62 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Coleman commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

6 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Say what you want, but Coleman is playing it smart. Why would he commit now to a school that might have a completely different coaching staff next year if things don't go well? He's going to wait and see how we do for the first several games and make sure Frost's job is secure and that the program is heading in the right direction.

I understand he is playing it smart but he so called wants to play for a winner but its like Nebraska has to win for him in order for him to say yes. I understand kids want to go play for championship's but every kid on Nebraska wants the same thing as Coleman to win. I don't believe that Trey Palmer or Casey Thompson or other transfers don't believe in the product that Nebraska is trying to produce otherwise why come in? Trey Palmer yes followed MJ here but lets just say MJ went to a different school or not a high championship power program do you think he would have left LSU? You can say yes but he isn't going to a scrub school for his talent. He had to know Nebraska has struggled along with the rest of the kids here. All im saying Nebraska isn't Alabama and hope he realizes that.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I understand he is playing it smart but he so called wants to play for a winner but its like Nebraska has to win for him in order for him to say yes. I understand kids want to go play for championship's but every kid on Nebraska wants the same thing as Coleman to win. I don't believe that Trey Palmer or Casey Thompson or other transfers don't believe in the product that Nebraska is trying to produce otherwise why come in? Trey Palmer yes followed MJ here but lets just say MJ went to a different school or not a high championship power program do you think he would have left LSU? You can say yes but he isn't going to a scrub school for his talent. He had to know Nebraska has struggled along with the rest of the kids here. All im saying Nebraska isn't Alabama and hope he realizes that.

First off, the only reason MJ left LSU is because Kelly did not opt to keep him. Secondly, the reason players such as Palmer left LSU is because they've had relationships with MJ from a very young age, and believed him when he told them that they could come to Nebraska - where the depth of talent is lower - and play early and often. As for Coleman, you're exactly right with your assessment: "Nebraska has to win in order for him to say yes." Like it or not, that's the college football world we live in nowadays. Top recruits want to play for top programs that give them the best shot at the NFL. MJ's success in placing guys in the league is one thing we have going for us. Being the highest bidder in NIL bidding wars is another.

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

First off, the only reason MJ left LSU is because Kelly did not opt to keep him. Secondly, the reason players such as Palmer left LSU is because they've had relationships with MJ from a very young age, and believed him when he told them that they could come to Nebraska - where the multitude of talent is lower - and play early and often. As for Coleman, you're exactly right with your assessment: "Nebraska has to win in order for him to say yes." Like it or not, that's the college football world we live in nowadays. Top recruits want to play for top programs that give them the best shot at the NFL. MJ's success in placing guys in the league is one thing we have going for us. Being the highest bidder in NIL bidding wars is another.

I understand that but Coleman has to realize if Nebraska wins this year and gains his commitment and lets just say Nebraska gets a couple losses next year and makes a bowl but not a championship. What then? Is that good enough for Coleman to handle?? If not then why commit in the first place if he decides next year bc they aren't winning enough to transfer. Then was it the right reason to commit bc they won to gain his commitment. Your right about playing for top programs and nfl shot. I feel like Coleman would help the team as long as his persona doesn't get out of hand.

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1
41 minutes ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I understand that but Coleman has to realize if Nebraska wins this year and gains his commitment and lets just say Nebraska gets a couple losses next year and makes a bowl but not a championship. What then? Is that good enough for Coleman to handle?? If not then why commit in the first place if he decides next year bc they aren't winning enough to transfer. Then was it the right reason to commit bc they won to gain his commitment. Your right about playing for top programs and nfl shot. I feel like Coleman would help the team as long as his persona doesn't get out of hand.

poor coach frost might have to maintain a certain level of success in order to attract talented recruits. oh wait that's his f#&%ing job anyway. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Huskerfollower4life said:

I actually don't think he is thinking clearly if he is waiting until October 15.  We will be 6-1 easily based on how great everyone is doing.  The season really doesn't start until the Michigan game.  Based on what Nebraska has done in recent years, I would wait and see how we play to finish the season.  How do we handle those last four games?  Did we beat Minni at home as we should?   Are we in the game at Michigan until the end?  Did we find a way to lose to Wisky at home and how we were on the road at Iowa?  Did we break the seven [7] year losing record?  

There is absolutely no way if I'm that talented that I commit to Nebraska if we are 6-1.  That will mean absolutely nothing to me.

Since I believe we will five [5] games, I don't believe he comes to :bigredn:.  I'll be curious who snags him and if he ends up in the B1G.

• Haha 2
15 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

Who do you have us losing to then?   The only slight risk is Purdue.  Everyone else is an easy win in the projections.

Nothing is "easy" with the current state of the program and it blows my mind that we still have fans that think we have "definite" wins on the schedule. I thought losing to Illinois and their backup QB last season would be the final straw that would show Nebraska fans that there are no "gimme" games anymore but I guess not. 

• Plus1 2

7 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Nothing is "easy" with the current state of the program and it blows my mind that we still have fans that think we have "definite" wins on the schedule. I thought losing to Illinois and their backup QB last season would be the final straw that would show Nebraska fans that there are no "gimme" games anymore but I guess not. 

I won't disagree with you at all really.  Again, I have us as 5-7.  

If you watch/listen to the noise coming out from the practices, it's "he's looking great", "lots of improvement in the run blocking", etc ... it's a lot of the same type of comments where "we are just a player away", "that's a really good football player", etc.  So, after getting rid of the cancer [those coaches and that one QB], plus the influx of new blood in key spots, surely we can at least sniff the projection ESPN has set for us and go 5-2 by the time Malachi commits.  

ESPN Says [This is the Media company that has no respect for Nebraska, hates us and even pays refs to make bad calls to keep us down]:

NW - 79% chance of winning
ND - 98% chance of winning
GS - 92% chance of winning
IU - 84% chance of winning
RU - 73% chance of winning

I'm following the logic.  It appears we should go 5-2 relatively easy, if not 6-1.  I could see it.  Still, as stated, I wouldn't commit to this team until I saw how we did against at the end of the season and the B1G games where we have the talent edge but find ways to lose.

1 hour ago, BigRedN said:

If you watch/listen to the noise coming out from the practices, it's "he's looking great", "lots of improvement in the run blocking", etc ... it's a lot of the same type of comments where "we are just a player away", "that's a really good football player", et

Coachspeak. They say the same stuff every year, because they know it's what the fans want to hear. Pacification. Unfortunately, once the season starts, the truth is unveiled. Hopefully this year it'll be different.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
43 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Coachspeak. They say the same stuff every year, because they know it's what the fans want to hear. Pacification. Unfortunately, once the season starts, the truth is unveiled. Hopefully this year it'll be different.

I agree.  It is coachspeak.  If it was a marriage it will be the stuff that leads to a divorce in several years.  Nuff said.  

It's why I don't have confidence in anything the coaches say anymore.  You do get a better feel from MJ I'd say.  I'm wanting more truth-telling and a statement like, "he's working hard to be an average player, he'll have to work harder and perform under pressure to be the player we need him to be."

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

That's because MJ comes from a place where they don't sugarcoat things. If a player (or the team) isn't playing well, the coaches aren't afraid to say it. Whereas at Nebraska, it appears to always be rainbows and unicorns.

It sounds like you and are "two fella's in the same ship" and are just "negative Nancy's" on :bigredn::-)

• Mavric changed the title to WR Malachi Coleman [Nebraska Commit]
  • Mavric changed the title to WR Malachi Coleman
  • Mavric pinned this topic
  • Mavric unpinned this topic