Northwestern Game Highlights

Mavric

11 hours ago, ZRod said:

I'm fine if we ditch Let Me Clear My Throat. And rock Thunderstruck like this from now on to start the 4th quarter.

It's always been one of my favorites pump up songs. And it'd be eery as f#&% with 89K chanting along and then yelling THUNDER!

I've always liked Thunderstruck as well.  Was really excited for that to punctuate all the Thunder Collins highlight.  Alas, it wasn't to be.

Would definitely be excited for that to be the new fourth quarter intro.  Curious what changes they'd make for a day game.

3 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I've always liked Thunderstruck as well.  Was really excited for that to punctuate all the Thunder Collins highlight.  Alas, it wasn't to be.

Would definitely be excited for that to be the new fourth quarter intro.  Curious what changes they'd make for a day game.

The guy who does the pyrotechnics for the NU games called into 1620 the zone last night. He does all of the fireworks before the game and after scores. He said they added the fire and other elements for the special occasion of night game and homecoming. He's not sure if it will continue in future games. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

The guy who does the pyrotechnics for the NU games called into 1620 the zone last night. He does all of the fireworks before the game and after scores. He said they added the fire and other elements for the special occasion of night game and homecoming. He's not sure if it will continue in future games. 

It better!!!

11 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Maybe boomer fireworks?

20 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Why wouldn't they?

49 minutes ago, Undone said:

LOL, Teddy Pro caved in the entire right side of their line on that play.

Stai mentioned that the Oline was coming off their double teams too soon. Yes in previous games see all the penetration on double teams where the Olineman trading for or going second level- doesn't stay long enough to get movement- before going second level. 

That isn't a tough concept. HCSF could have helped a bit  with that as well. Note how long on the clip you posted- how long they stay on their doubles. 

On 10/3/2021 at 1:21 AM, ZRod said:

I'm fine if we ditch Let Me Clear My Throat. And rock Thunderstruck like this from now on to start the 4th quarter.

It's always been one of my favorites pump up songs. And it'd be eery as f#&% with 89K chanting along and then yelling THUNDER!

Thunderstruck is only good if there's alcohol allowed in the stadium, and we do a stadium wide drinking game where one section has to drink on every utterance of the word 'thunder' :lol:

https://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/sipple/steven-m-sipple-husker-ol-legends-weigh-in-lack-of-nastiness-just-one-issue-for/article_f14b99ce-f490-58e8-bcad-534264e33613.amp.html

Dishman noticed the same thing

Looks like they may have worked on that a bit prior to this game

“What I see is they’re often so eager to get to the second level,” he says. “They don’t want to take care of the big guy up front. If they get to the secondary and blow up the little guy, who cares? The play’s going to be dead at the line of scrimmage if you can’t control the double-teams up front. That’s what I see a lot of, guys coming off double-teams way too early. They’re not securing the first man. They think they don’t have time to get to the reaction of the linebacker. “In reality, with that linebacker coming through at full speed, just one arm is going to knock him off-kilter, and that’s going to create a hole. If you get a shoulder on a linebacker, you’re going to crease it. You’re going to make a hole.”

• Oh Yeah! 1
3 hours ago, Nebraska55fan said:

Stai mentioned that the Oline was coming off their double teams too soon. Yes in previous games see all the penetration on double teams where the Olineman trading for or going second level- doesn't stay long enough to get movement- before going second level. 

That isn't a tough concept. HCSF could have helped a bit  with that as well. Note how long on the clip you posted- how long they stay on their doubles. 

16 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

https://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/sipple/steven-m-sipple-husker-ol-legends-weigh-in-lack-of-nastiness-just-one-issue-for/article_f14b99ce-f490-58e8-bcad-534264e33613.amp.html

Dishman noticed the same thing

Looks like they may have worked on that a bit prior to this game

“What I see is they’re often so eager to get to the second level,” he says. “They don’t want to take care of the big guy up front. If they get to the secondary and blow up the little guy, who cares? The play’s going to be dead at the line of scrimmage if you can’t control the double-teams up front. That’s what I see a lot of, guys coming off double-teams way too early. They’re not securing the first man. They think they don’t have time to get to the reaction of the linebacker. “In reality, with that linebacker coming through at full speed, just one arm is going to knock him off-kilter, and that’s going to create a hole. If you get a shoulder on a linebacker, you’re going to crease it. You’re going to make a hole.”

Quit peeing in the Kool-Aid.  This is the highlights thread for Northwestern- where we point out the highlights and enjoy the good things that happened Saturday.  This isn't the place to continue harping on what you think our staff should have done in the past.    

• Oh Yeah! 1
4 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

Quit peeing in the Kool-Aid.  This is the highlights thread for Northwestern- where we point out the highlights and enjoy the good things that happened Saturday.  This isn't the place to continue harping on what you think our staff should have done in the past.    

You do what you want to do and I will do the same. 

On a positive note a HIGHLIGHT if you will- this is an issue no one really identified here- that looks like it is now being addressed. A football Xs and Os thing some who follow that kind of stuff might find interesting. Would be interesting to see if HCSF was working on this- with the Oline thanks to input from locals Stai and Dish- Stai and Dish are good friends. 

. Or I guess we can bury our heads in the sand and rehash some other things that have been already rehashed many many times over. :D