For those of you too young to remember...

knapplc

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

This is what the 90s looked like. Dominating Offensive Lines, a fleet QB (although Martinez is a better passer than our QBs back then), the Option confusing opponents, a rabid and attacking defense, backups playing in the third quarter when we're up by 30+ points.

And Scott Frost on the sidelines.

I guess that part is the same. :D 

Love it man

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

6 hours ago, knapplc said:

This is what the 90s looked like. Dominating Offensive Lines, a fleet QB (although Martinez is a better passer than our QBs back then), the Option confusing opponents, a rabid and attacking defense, backups playing in the third quarter when we're up by 30+ points.

And Scott Frost on the sidelines.

I guess that part is the same. :D 

Was saying tonight how much I missed this. The Neb game being a highlight of the week rather than a source of frustration, just kicking-back stress-free and enjoying the 'skers thumping the competition is nice

Well yeah..back then they tried to change the good hot dogs at the stadium.. and they tried to get rid of Herbie.  And they did get rid of our hard running option offense and replaced it with "wildcat" or whatever else you want to call it to "modernize Husker football," and we then began the long freefall into the oblivion that we're just now (hopefully) climbing out of. 

Jeesh.. what a ride.

15 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Yessir. I have to go back to 1997 to remember feeling this way during a Husker game. I realize it was a pretty bad NW team but still, Nebraska did just what they should have and needed to. No critical mistakes, dominated and stole their soul. It was beautiful.

What about running the ball down Miami’s throat in 2014?

• Plus1 2
15 minutes ago, melscott62 said:

What about running the ball down Miami’s throat in 2014?

Yes that was good and there have been a few other feel good moments but this one transported me back to the glory days of complete domination.  TBH I don’t remember much of the Callahan/Pelini/Riley eras. Too much bad overshadowing the good. This game, yes one game, one weak opponent, seemed to bring it back within reach again.

2 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Yes that was good and there have been a few other feel good moments but this one transported me back to the glory days of complete domination.  TBH I don’t remember much of the Callahan/Pelini/Riley eras. Too much bad overshadowing the good. This game, yes one game, one weak opponent, seemed to bring it back within reach again.

How do you not remember a 13 year period because of too much bad but then think this one game, led by a coach with significantly worse results than all of those coaches, feels like 24 years ago?