Northwestern: What Did We Learn?

Mavric

I learned that winning is much easier when you only have to defeat the opponent and not also your own mistakes.

Favorite play of the night was the 84 yd punt.

Whatever they did in practice this week needs to continue. This is the intensity they need to bring every game.

Favorite Frost quote; This is how it’s supposed to look.

This team really needed a game like this. This could be the turning point we’ve coveted.

I learned (remembered) that I don’t need alcohol to get through a Husker game.

• Plus1 6
26 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

I learned that winning is much easier when you only have to defeat the opponent and not also your own mistakes.

Favorite play of the night was the 84 yd punt.

Whatever they did in practice this week needs to continue. This is the intensity they need to bring every game.

Favorite Frost quote; This is how it’s supposed to look.

This team really needed a game like this. This could be the turning point we’ve coveted.

I learned that I don’t need alcohol to get through a Husker game.

Not sure about the alcohol comment but agree with everything else!

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Spoke a bit too soon:

This is not negative. I loved everything the team did today. No penalties in first half, OL was excellent, ST did not get in the way and had a remarkable 84 yard punt, defense dominated again, and Yant emerged as someone who can be a game changer. That is all positive. My comment was that we obviously are capable of playing well but it took two gut-wrenching losses for Frost to take action. So our issues are coaching related and not lack of talent. Hopefully, the Frost and company have the confidence to continue this performance and finally turn the corner next week against a storied Michigan team. That would be Frost’s signature win. We now see that this team can play a clean game without shooting themselves in the foot. 

I am sorry if you feel that my comment was negative. It was meant to be hopeful as I hope Frost finally figured things out and knows what he has to do to avoid what happened in the last two games.

• Plus1 1

Just watched every play after being out with the Mrs tonight missing it live.  I AM SO DAMN PROUD OF THIS TEAM.

This was the best game of Frost's NU tenure.  

The Offense was crisp.  No mistakes.  Best game from the O Line in a long time.  Outstanding.

Adrian was decisive, sharp through the air and running.

Yant is smooth and powerful.  Johnson is a beast of a blocker and is a nice compliment to Yant's power.  Johnson as a lead block to Adrian as a keeper from the shotgun is a great play for guaranteed yards.

The D was stout throughout.  37 yards given up on the ground.

84 yard punt.  What?!?

Penalties?  What penalties?  Very well done in the discipline department.  Nothing killed us.

My two favorite moments, however.

1. Frost at half, up 35-7, wasn't pleased.  YES.  NW isn't the goal.  Championships are.  Scott had fire.  It carried over from recent prior games.  Build.  From.  This.

2. Trev's and Scott's post game embrace.  I want a unified office and team from here on out.  

Beat Michigan.

• Plus1 2

I haven’t posted in a few years, for a lot of reasons, but let’s face it, not a lot of positives the last few years to post about.

This is just one game, and for all we know not significant in Frost’s career trajectory, but sometimes, often times, it just takes one game like this for everyone to believe.

That’s what I learned tonight: there is still belief. That was a different game tonight, from field level to top row. 

• Plus1 2
  • Oh Yeah! 2