Northwestern: What Did We Learn?

Mavric

11 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

I know some people are saying NW is awful, and they are.  But it has been a while since we have treated a really bad team like they are a pile of steaming crap.  I hope this is a loss that helps NU for the next few years as we play NW.  Put them in their place!

We need to start treating the B1G West like pieces of crap they are!  Kick Minny in the nuts and sink the damn boats.  Beat the badgers and kick them in their teeth.  Pluck the Hawkeyes!  Derail Purdue!  AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD NEVER LOSE TO ILLINIOS AGAIN!

It all depends on if the Husker team that played this weekend keeps showing up. But, it’s sitting up for us to be able to contend for the west this year. Keep taking care of business and then see what happens against Iowa at the end of the season. 

It would help if Iowa would lose to penn state this weekend. The rest of there games should be wins. If we lose again, we are probably out of it. If we would end up second in the west because of a loss to OSU, that would be a step in the right direction at least.  

4 hours ago, Farms said:

I’m not sure what Benhart’s issues are, he’s just not playing well. Both he and Piper have a lot of potential but have really struggled. I hope we can get those two figured out so they can contribute going forward. 

It's pretty indicative of where Benhart is at that, his first play in the game, he false started. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, krc1995 said:

Has Benhart been on campus longer than Teddy P?  He must practice really well. Piper too. 

Piper has the measurables but I have never been impressed in his actual play.  My oldest son dominated him in high school while giving up 50 pounds.  It never made sense.  The kid is so capable but he has never seemed to have the internal fire to really be that guy.  Hopefully he gets the coaching he needs to get there.

It was said earlier but it seems like Frost is aware he is coaching for his football life. I've heard that in the past even though NU was winning at a crazy clip, the perception of Coach Osborne was that he couldn't win the big game, and that people were calling for his head. That's when Coach Osborne really took the next step and won 3 NC's in 4 years. If that story is remotely true, then maybe Frost understanding that his job isn't still safe is the best thing that could happen to the program because it brings the sense of urgency that it has been missing