To all that didn't want to run the option!

ndobney

As others have said, the option has been a good wrinkle to the offense, but it's not the base of the offense. Even under Osborne, the option wasn't the base offense. Osborne's base offense was power running, and he treated the option like the passing game, as a way to get outside after sucking the D inside.

I do like the counter steps from Adrian and the I-back out of the pistol set, as it reminds me of the reverse pivots that the QB would do after taking the snap from under center.  

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

10 minutes ago, Decked said:

The option is a great wrinkle. Don’t like it as our base offense but this was a great game & it has been effective this year. I welcome it into the playbook. 

Actually Osborne ran it more as a wrinkle in the offense as opposed to how Frank ran it, but it sets everything up. Me thinks if we continue to run the option like this the big ten is going to have to adjust to us!

3 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

As others have said, the option has been a good wrinkle to the offense, but it's not the base of the offense. Even under Osborne, the option wasn't the base offense. Osborne's base offense was power running, and he treated the option like the passing game, as a way to get outside after sucking the D inside.

I do like the counter steps from Adrian and the I-back out of the pistol set, as it reminds me of the reverse pivots that the QB would do after taking the snap from under center.  

Yep this!

• Plus1 1