Michigan Week Pressers

Mavric

3 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

I get it- when he was at DMR HS I was very good friends with a guy who coached there then- still am. Would go out there to go skiiing with him every year.                              DMR- At the base of road that leads to Mt Rose- great spot. They were prolific passing team at that time and extremely well coached. He started as a Freshman- they were really good, kid was really good also. Sometimes our fan base gets out ahead of ourselves too much- weve been burned by what we considered "pedestrian" QBs far too many times. 

Sometimes you just love to find fault in our fan base because you're a bigger expert than anyone else.  (at least in your mind)

There is nothing wrong with being optimistic.  That's what fans do.

Again, what he did in HS doesn't have anything to do with how he's going to react on Saturday night.  He might light it up and beat us by 20.  Or, he might not have what it takes on Saturday night and we pull off a win.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Sometimes you just love to find fault in our fan base because you're a bigger expert than anyone else.  (at least in your mind)

There is nothing wrong with being optimistic.  That's what fans do

No worries- so when you or someone seriously claims something like they think we will win a National Title this year for instance- no need to politely like I did temper with facts their opinion a bit. Got it. :dunno Weve had a habit of letting pedestrian QBs go wild on us, its happened- never said it would happen. Just said he might have more skills than some are giving him credit for. No need to get your panties in a bunch. Not everyone is "foam finger" guy.  Like you, Im hoping he falls on his face. 

2 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

No worries- so when you or someone seriously claims something like they think we will win a National Title this year for instance- no need to politely like I did temper with facts their opinion a bit. Got it. :dunno Weve had a habit of letting pedestrian QBs go wild on us, its happened- never said it would happen. Just said he might have more skills than some are giving him credit for. No need to get your panties in a bunch. Like you, Im hoping he falls on his face. 

Who has said that?

• Plus1 5
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Who has said that?

You realize for Instance- means as an example right?

At the end of the day there have been lots of instances in the past when we were playing against someone who is perceived to be a bad QB- even second teamers. THen they go out and have a record day. The kid has skills, he's no chump. Not saying he's going to have a great day- saying he has potential- don't count chickens before they are hatched that we shut down the run and the game is ours. That is all I very politely said- no need to get uptight. 

12 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

At the end of the day there have been lots of instances in the past when we were playing against someone who is perceived to be a bad QB- even second teamers. THen they go out and have a record day. The kid has skills, he's no chump. Not saying he's going to have a great day- saying he has potential- don't count chickens before they are hatched that we shut down the run and the game is ours. That is all I very politely said- no need to get uptight. 

So, nobody has said we are going to win the NC this year.  OK.

I clearly have said that he could come out and light us up and beat us be a bunch, or.....he might not.

You then must have ignored half of my comments and only want to focus on what you think you're the expert on.

• Plus1 2

5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, nobody has said we are going to win the NC this year.  OK.

I clearly have said that he could come out and light us up and beat us be a bunch, or.....he might not.

You then must have ignored half of my comments and only want to focus on what you think you're the expert on.

Not at all, just adding to it and agreeing with some of it. 

26 minutes ago, Nebraska55fan said:

It isn’t an example, because no one has used it. It’s a strawman. No one has suggest anything crazy like winning a national championship, so you throw up a made up crazy and then argue against the crazy to make yourself seem reasonable. 

And you should probably stop calling other posters uptight and talking about their panties. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 4
20 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

You know better. You know this is what he does in every exchange. Why do you engage in discussion with him when you know what you’re going to get in return?

• Plus1 3

3 minutes ago, ndobney said:

Everyone said this is going to come down to the defenses, but I think it will come down to which teams scores more points.

Isn’t that what all games come down to? And isn’t that the result of the offenses and defenses involved?

Oddly I agree with the sentiment though. It will come down to which team’s offense can move the ball and score points on the other team’s defense. (If one of the teams doesn’t give the game away with turnovers, special teams gaffes or stupid penalties)

25 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

You know better. You know this is what he does in every exchange. Why do you engage in discussion with him when you know what you’re going to get in return?

Well, because this one time he met this one guy who's close friends with this other guy who's relevant to the current conversation, but not really to the overall discussion, but it's a not so humble brag to make him look cool, and that's why it matters more, and his opinion is basically expert since 1970.

Copy pasta repeat.

• Haha 3
  • Oh Yeah! 1
52 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

It isn’t an example, because no one has used it. It’s a strawman. No one has suggest anything crazy like winning a national championship, so you throw up a made up crazy and then argue against the crazy to make yourself seem reasonable. 

And you should probably stop calling other posters uptight and talking about their panties. 

I'm thinking this is more of a boxer brief crowd anyway. You being the exception 

• Plus1 1