Michigan Week Pressers

Mavric

People get on Harbaugh- he's a different guy. But at the end of the day, he really loves football and Michigan, hes good for the game. I met him doing a private Coaching Clinic at Schembeckler Hall for a group that had connections a few years back.

He was in the complex on a Sunday- not part of the clinic and walked in on our field demo. He insisted on working with the kids and then got us all a cool tour of the lockerroom and then the dining room. Then the only 2 things you could drink was water and milk. He was gracious and very kind. He is a lover and defender of the game and I'm a fan- with the exception of this coming Saturday. He's a genuine guy- generous to a fault and good for the game. Would love to see him finally get OSU off his back. 

• Plus1 2

9 hours ago, Savage Husker said:

Haha he purposely didn’t mention MSU as a top team NU played. He’s so catty

You have to make Sparty feel disrespected or their feelings get hurt. It's a thing with them. He was being nice. :D

The passive aggressive stuff to MSU is pretty funny.  OSU has the whole thing about how they treat Michigan.  One of the local sports talk stations here in Cleveland does this:

The time is 5:30 and Michigan still sucks. 

Yes all day, every day.  It makes me long for a rivalry.  Some day we will develop one with someone.

• Plus1 1
47 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

The passive aggressive stuff to MSU is pretty funny.  OSU has the whole thing about how they treat Michigan.  One of the local sports talk stations here in Cleveland does this:

The time is 5:30 and Michigan still sucks. 

Yes all day, every day.  It makes me long for a rivalry.  Some day we will develop one with someone.

When leaders and legends was around I was hoping for one between Michigan and Nebraska. I figured ‘97 was a good starting point, plus the Michigan faculty and students are so entitled and arrogant they can easily get under your skin....but oh well. :mellow:

2 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

On 1620 Damon Benning said something about Benhart's dad's tweets? I couldn't find anything on a quick Twitter search.

Hes bent because son not starting. Claimed double standard. 

BUT as it seems, the new oline lineup did REALLY well without him and when the son got in- he false started on his first snap. The results are the results. 

10 minutes ago, MyBloodIsRed16 said:

Son was getting beat by a JV team then.  Was the double standard because Cocoran moved to the right side after not playing particularly well?  Maybe he got beat once and thought he should be benched as well.

I can't tell for sure by the timing what he was thinking was the double standard.  The only penalty on the OL all night was his son's false start.  Prochazka was charged with two hurries and Corcoran was charged with one hurry so my best guess was after one of them made some sort of bad play that was seen as a double-standard.  But that's just speculation on my part.

In fairness, Benhart had graded out better in about every game this year according to PFF.  I don't know about the Huskers own grading.  Although Benhart really struggled against MSU.  So I can maybe see that would look odd.  I know it has been talked about for quite some time that Benhart would probably be better suited at guard long-term anyway.  I assume that is more to do with how he moves but I've never really seen a full explanation.