Squawking Hawks

If you are like me and have the pleasure of knowing any Hawk fans, you are surely hearing them crow about their team's Number 3 ranking,:laughpound, and Nebraska's lack thereof. For all of you in this unfortunate situation with me, here is some information to help you set them straight, or at least give them something to ponder. 

Iowa has played Indiana which has a record of 2-3, Iowa State 3-2, Kent State 2-3, Colorado State 1-3, Maryland 4-1 - Combined record of Iowa Opponents 12-12.

Nebraska has played Illinois 2- 4, Fordham 2-3, Buffalo 2-3, Oklahoma 5-0, Michigan State 5-0, Northwestern 2-3. For a combined record of 18-13.

Iowa has such an easy schedule- Penn State is the only ranked team left on their schedule, and will likely be the only team on the scheduled ranked at the end of the season, unless Iowa State, Nebraska or Wisconsin can go on a run and sneak in the rankings later in the season. Honestly, with that schedule if they don't finish at least 10-2 they should be embarrassed. I think they will likely lose to Penn State, win the West, lose in the Conf. Championship, and then finish for an Iowa Best Rose Bowl loss for a pedestrian 10-4, 11-3 season (losing to us on Black Friday). That they will crow about being "this close" to making the playoff. Looking at the BIG, there might not be a team from the BIG in the playoff this year... 

Nebraska's schedule will feature 5- maybe 6 teams ranked at the end of the season, with the potential of multiple being in the top-10. 

We'll see if Iowa is for real when they play Penn State this weekend.

• Plus1 4

4 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

If you are like me and have the pleasure of knowing any Hawk fans, you are surely hearing thing crow about their team's Number 3 ranking,:laughpound, and Nebraska's lack thereof. For all of you in this unfortunate situation with me, here is some information to help you set them straight, or at least give them something to ponder. 

Iowa has played Indiana which has a record of 2-3, Iowa State 3-2, Kent State 2-3, Colorado State 1-3, Maryland 4-1 - Combined record of Iowa Opponents 12-12.

Nebraska has played Illinois 2- 4, Fordham 2-3, Buffalo 2-3, Oklahoma 5-0, Michigan State 5-0, Northwestern 2-3. For a combined record of 18-13.

Iowa has such an easy schedule- Penn State is the only ranked team left on their schedule, and will likely be the only team on the scheduled ranked at the end of the season, unless Iowa State, Nebraska or Wisconsin can go on a run and sneak in the rankings later in the season. Honestly, with that schedule if they don't finish at least 10-2 they should be embarrassed. I think they will likely lose to Penn State, win the West, lose in the Conf. Championship, and then finish for an Iowa Best Rose Bowl loss for a pedestrian 10-4, 11-3 season (losing to us on Black Friday). That they will crow about being "this close" to making the playoff. Looking at the BIG, there might not be a team from the BIG in the playoff this year... 

We'll see if Iowa is for real when they play Penn State this weekend.

I'm there with you.

We just need to kick their a$$.  I would love for PSU to expose them this weekend, then for them go get all their confidence back before they play us, only to have us destroy them.

OR....an even better result.....PSU exposes them and they drop at least one more game before we destroy them.....and we go on an amazing run to finish off the year and WE win the west. 

But...the first option is probably has a better chance of happening.

At the end of the day, we just need to start kicking their a$$ to shut them up.

• Plus1 5
  • Oh Yeah! 1
8 minutes ago, Born N Bled Red said:

If you remove Nebraska and Iowa from the records of their respective opponents:

12-7 vs 15-10

1 minute ago, Born N Bled Red said:

Haha, nah, rent free would be if I didn't have their fans, my friends and family, squawking at me constantly and I was still posting this. Trust me, these folks have definitely paid their rent. :cheers

Yeah...when I have Iowa fans, every time we lose, leaving me text messages of voice mails ranting on and on about how bad we are......they pay the rent.

I hate Iowa but they have been on a hell of a run the last three years. 21-5 (14-5), two top 15 finishes and currently top 5. Lets not down play what they've done, a good Iowa is good for Nebraska. If we're playing a top 20 Iowa team for a division title every Friday after thanksgiving it will do a hell of a lotta good for our program. We just need to pull our weight. 

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 1

Iowa fan jealousy/hate sometimes scrolls across my TikTok feed.  Saw one last week where some scatter brained gal wearing a fugly yellow shirt has the caption "when Nebraska says they want to leave the conference" the audio then switches to "B%$&H I WISH THA F@#$ YOU WOULD".  And then in the comments the Hawkeye faithful praising such an admirable and original video, saying how we just live in the past and think we're better than we are.

Yeah, Nebraska lives rent free in their head even when we are at a historical low and they are at an all time high.  Pretty sad.

• Plus1 3
9 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I hate Iowa but they have been on a hell of a run the last three years. 21-5 (14-5), two top 15 finishes and currently top 5. Lets not down play what they've done, a good Iowa is good for Nebraska. If we're playing a top 20 Iowa team for a division title every Friday after thanksgiving it will do a hell of a lotta good for our program. We just need to pull our weight. 

Screw that, haha. I'd rather play a top 20 Wisconsin, Minnesota, Northwestern during the season and stomp the celler dweller unranked, deflated Hawks as a warm up game before the Conf. Championship every black Friday. I want to do this all game long against the Hawks.  :tv 

• Oh Yeah! 1

Just now, Born N Bled Red said:

Screw that, haha. I'd rather play a top 20 Wisconsin, Minnesota, Northwestern during the season and stop the celler dweller unranked, deflated Hawks as a warm up game before the Conf. Championship every black Friday. I want to do this all game long against the Hawks.  :tv 

That's amateur hour. I'd rather Iowa be #1 in the nation with National title implications on the line and we come in and beat the brakes off them in front of an entire nation watching, as we punch our ticket to Indy. Haven't we played enough games that don't matter the last 20 years?! IDK about you guys but I'm ready for our games to matter again. 

• Plus1 2
26 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

That's amateur hour. I'd rather Iowa be #1 in the nation with National title implications on the line and we come in and beat the brakes off them in front of an entire nation watching, as we punch our ticket to Indy. Haven't we played enough games that don't matter the last 20 years?! IDK about you guys but I'm ready for our games to matter again. 

I'm cool with this for any team but Iowa. I moved to Iowa at the start of the Callahan years. They've been insufferable. They don't deserve nice things. :flush

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

I just still think their offense is bad enough for them to lose to anyone, ala 2009 for us. One of these days they're going to run into a team that won't just hand them the ball, and they'll get beat pretty handily. Not sure it'll be us, but we're on the right track. Penn State could blow them out, but I'm also not that confident in Clifford - if Iowa gets their turnovers it might be enough. 

Their schedule looked reasonably difficult going into the year, but man - Indiana hasn't looked good, Iowa State is down from last year, Wisky actually has a worse offense than them, and Penn State is probably the most favorable matchup for them of the really good East teams (OSU, Michigan, Michigan State, Penn State). I hope they lose to Penn State, and obviously us. If they don't, they are going to get flat out embarrassed in the championship/bowl games though.