Squawking Hawks

1 minute ago, Redux said:

I hope they are 11-0 when they come to Lincoln and are already looking ahead to Michigan or tOSU.  Would be absolutely wonderful to ruin iy for them.

The only way to truly ruin it for them is if they have to beat us to win the west.  They will need to lose one or two before that to make that happen.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

The only way to truly ruin it for them is if they have to beat us to win the west.  They will need to lose one or two before that to make that happen.

I can live with that too.  But I'd love for them to overlook us rather than bring their A game.  Most teams I want to beat at their best.  Not Iowa.  I want to do to Iowa what we did to Northwestern.

• Oh Yeah! 1

1 minute ago, Undone said:

There is no way that Iowa is the third best team in the country.

This happens about every 5-6 years when they have an easy cross-divisional schedule. If they beat Penn State they'll show they're deserving of being a Top 5 team...but just barely.

Agree.  Their best win is over an awful Maryland team, that's had just about every bounce go their way to get to where they are.

42 minutes ago, Redux said:

I can live with that too.  But I'd love for them to overlook us rather than bring their A game.  Most teams I want to beat at their best.  Not Iowa.  I want to do to Iowa what we did to Northwestern.

I want them to bring their A game, but I want that A game to be so crappy that we do to them what we did to Northwestern... My god the gloating I heard when they beat us by 3 with a mash unit oline and a 3rd string qb, warrants at least of decade of sheer dominance from us and craptastic football for them alone. 

• Plus1 1

My only focus and aim is Michigan.  Could care less about any banter regarding Iowa.  

The season is now in a full parley.  As hard as it was to endure IL, OU and the Sparty loss, to win against Michigan means we can take all this new growth and momentum into the next game.  We could literally win four in a row and and bring in the Buckeyes onto our home turf with all kinds of confidence.

Literally, nothing about Iowa for that eventual game is important one iota until we get to it.  Our talk and walk is about this week against Michigan.  If we have discovered anything I hope it is that our full attention has to be literally on the next play, not the past and not the following one.

• Plus1 3
12 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

My only focus and aim is Michigan.  Could care less about any banter regarding Iowa.  

The season is now in a full parley.  As hard as it was to endure IL, OU and the Sparty loss, to win against Michigan means we can take all this new growth and momentum into the next game.  We could literally win four in a row and and bring in the Buckeyes onto our home turf with all kinds of confidence.

Literally, nothing about Iowa for that eventual game is important one iota until we get to it.  Our talk and walk is about this week against Michigan.  If we have discovered anything I hope it is that our full attention has to be literally on the next play, not the past and not the following one.

Hold up... are you Coach Frost, or a player? I mean, I appreciate the focus and the one game at a time mentality, but unless you're a coach or a player, not sure how your focus on Michigan is going to help. :dunno

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

58 minutes ago, Undone said:

There is no way that Iowa is the third best team in the country.

This happens about every 5-6 years when they have an easy cross-divisional schedule. If they beat Penn State they'll show they're deserving of being a Top 5 team...but just barely.

This is why what NU has been doing the last few years is so annoying.

Winning the west and having some easy cross-over games all but means a "great" season.  

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

This is why what NU has been doing the last few years is so annoying.

Winning the west and having some easy cross-over games all but means a "great" season.  

Now hold one... we have to clarify... that is "great" by Iowa standards.... for Nebraska, its just "pretty good." You can't blame them though. If you've never seen greatness, "pretty good," can feel pretty great I guess. 

I really don't understand why all the hate for Iowa all of the sudden. I get their fanbase is annoying and maybe I'm just slightly older than some who harbor that hate, but Iowa really doesn't mean a whole lot to me. If you respect fundamental football, you should have a healthy respect for what Ferentz has been able to do over there. Outside of that, meh. 

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, captain_sasquatch said:

I really don't understand why all the hate for Iowa all of the sudden. I get their fanbase is annoying and maybe I'm just slightly older than some who harbor that hate, but Iowa really doesn't mean a whole lot to me. If you respect fundamental football, you should have a healthy respect for what Ferentz has been able to do over there. Outside of that, meh. 

I respect their team and Ferentz.  But, if you've ever lived in Iowa....you would understand.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1