NHL Fantasy Hockey League

admo

Your invite for Fantasy Hockey on Fleaflicker.

https://www.fleaflicker.com/nhl/leagues/14662/invited?eh=04b468f9

League name: Hockey Goons

Your team name needs to be an NHL team name (i.e., Penguins, Oilers, Sabres, Avalanche..)

@JJ Husker@GSG@default_28@AZRaiderH8r@runningblind

Looking to get 10 teams.  Draft end of October.  Season start November.  Playoffs start March. 

• Oh Yeah! 2

@admo

I see we have to start 8 players. 1 each Center, LW, RW & F, along with 2 D and 2 goalies.

My question is, will the players be drafted by specific position; C, LW & RW? Or will we be drafting generic forwards for all 3 of those positions? And is the F just any other forward on our team?

Lots of teams will move/change guys left to right and sometimes in & out of center. So how do we know what position they are?

For simplicity, I hope we are just drafting forwards and we can pop them into any lineup position we want regardless what their usual/primary position may be.

• Thanks 1

@JJ Husker

F stands for Flex.  Flex can be a C, LW, or RW.

I want it to be 1 C... Plus 3 Flex positions

Flex positions:
3 Centers
2 Wings + 1 Center
3 Wings
2 Centers + 1 Wing
(You get the point... 3 interchangeable)

That would make things so much easier.  I will see what I can do.

If you have a Modelo and a juicy Ribeye, now would be the time to enjoy it.  Give me a few days to verify, and will update the rule changes soon. 

• Plus1 2
11 minutes ago, admo said:

@JJ Husker

F stands for Flex.  Flex can be a C, LW, or RW.

I want it to be 1 C... Plus 3 Flex positions

Flex positions:
3 Centers
2 Wings + 1 Center
3 Wings
2 Centers + 1 Wing
(You get the point... 3 interchangeable)

That would make things so much easier.  I will see what I can do.

If you have a Modelo and a juicy Ribeye, now would be the time to enjoy it.  Give me a few days to verify, and will update the rule changes soon. 

I sort of answered my own questions by actually looking at how they have the players listed and playing with the mock draft.  It’s a little confusing because some are specific (LW,RW,C) some are more generic W and some are multiple (C/LW). But I get the gist of it. Not really confusing but will have to have your s#!t in sort of a pile at draft time.:lol:

Wish I had a ribeye bout now.

• Oh Yeah! 1

10 hours ago, runningblind said:

While you're researching rules, find how to remove teams if you would as I managed to join 3 times. :lol:  Delete those first two if you would, apparently drop out of league doesn't do what I thought it would either.

My bad! Ha.

Whistle. Penalty. Too many men on the ice. :lol:

• Haha 3
11 hours ago, runningblind said:

While you're researching rules, find how to remove teams if you would as I managed to join 3 times. :lol:  Delete those first two if you would, apparently drop out of league doesn't do what I thought it would either.

My bad! Ha.

Done. 

Time served in sin bin.  Go celly, and get back on ice!

• Oh Yeah! 1

Tricky maneuver.  New roster update for position starters.

Starters (8)

1 Center

3 FLEX .... (any combo of Center, Left Wing, Right Wing)

2 Defenseman

2 Goalies

Bench (7)

IR +2 (if they qualify for injured reserve, you may keep them until healthy)

• Oh Yeah! 2

A question about scoring.

Some points say applies to “All” players, like 3 points for a goal. And others say it applies to only C, LW, RW & D. Does “All” include bench players even when they are not in your starting lineup? And bench players are not included in the others?

Just trying to discern the difference.

@JJ Husker

1. Your roster has 15 players

2. Select your 8 starters for the week. 

3. Total points accumulated from your starters will count toward your team's total weekly scoring. 

4. Whatever points accumulated from your team's bench will show up in the box scores too;  But they will not count, because you put their a$$ on the bench. 

5. TL;DR version:  Only your 8 starters get the points/scoring that count.

• Plus1 1

ALL applies to ALL starters.  Whoever scores a goal, gets those 3 points (even if a goalie fired a cross ice shot). 

ALL means C, LW, RW, D, G

Some Offense & Defense scoring doesn't include Goalie, and that's why it's not "ALL".  Because Goalie have their own scoring/points that do not apply to the other positions. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, admo said:

ALL applies to ALL starters.  Whoever scores a goal, gets those 3 points (even if a goalie fired a cross ice shot). 

ALL means C, LW, RW, D, G

Some Offense & Defense scoring doesn't include Goalie, and that's why it's not "ALL".  Because Goalie have their own scoring/points that do not apply to the other positions. 

Okay. It was just the “all” confusing me. It’s pretty rare that a goalie will ever score in those categories so that’s why my mind started inventing possibilities. I guess goalie assists happen but it’s been a long time since I’ve seen a G goal scored.

Thanks for the clarification.