NHL Fantasy Hockey League

admo

1 hour ago, admo said:

@JJ Husker and the Avalanche On Fire!!!  :worship

Also, by barely beating the Penguins, the Kracken head coach is off the hot seat (it was getting warm)

About 3 of my wins have been scheduling luck. I think 3 or 4 teams have outscored me almost every week. My forwards (well, flex guys anyway) have been underwhelming thus far. Landeskog has gotten goals and assists okay but the stupid penalties :facepalm:  The real Avs need a goon/enforcer. Landeskog tries to fill that role because he’s the captain. He’s decent size and tough enough but he needs to stick to generating points and leave the fighting to others.

• Oh Yeah! 1
  • 2 weeks later...

10 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

Congrats @default_28 

Messed up week for fantasy points but you persevered.

I thought Id seen it all. All I needed was for Jarry to not play or to get the win and I would’ve been okay. But I didn’t account for him winning and butt ending a guy and taking a double minor. 4 pims on a goalie gave him -1 and cost me the game :lol:

You’re a better sport than I would be. But I’ve learned a lot about what seems most fair in fantasy hockey scoring for the future. I’m really enjoying this league so far.

• Oh Yeah! 1
1 minute ago, default_28 said:

You’re a better sport than I would be. But I’ve learned a lot about what seems most fair in fantasy hockey scoring for the future. I’m really enjoying this league so far.

I’m not a fan of losing points on pims. It’s helped me and it’s hurt me, probably a wash at the end of the day. But the penalty for pims should be just like in real hockey, you lose ice time and scoring chances because you’re in the box. Converting those minutes to negative points makes it a little more volatile and random chance. On one hand, a person is never really out of a fantasy game because of it but, on the other hand, it seems unnecessary and too punitive. I hate being penalized when my player does the right thing for the game and his team.  Sometimes a fight or hooking is what should happen.

@admo

Do you have any idea what’s going on with the position counts on Fleaflicker?  A week ago my roster was fine but now it is saying illegal. Some players are being counted against multiple positions. I have the legal amount of 17 max players but if I add them up according to how FF designates them it totals twenty. Also it is happening to other peoples teams.

Near as I can figure it is counting generic wings (W) as both a LW and RW. I’m not sure how it counts dual classified players, C/LW & C/RW but it appears to also count them as both. It’s really sort of confusing. I’m confused by how my “legal” roster can switch to “illegal” when I have made no changes. 

I have 2-LW, 3-RW and 3-W (and 2 of those are dual classified as centers) but the system says I have 4-LW and 6-RW.

Maybe it’s a temporary glitch due to all the game cancellations?

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, JJ Husker said:

@admo

Do you have any idea what’s going on with the position counts on Fleaflicker?  A week ago my roster was fine but now it is saying illegal. Some players are being counted against multiple positions. I have the legal amount of 17 max players but if I add them up according to how FF designates them it totals twenty. Also it is happening to other peoples teams.

Near as I can figure it is counting generic wings (W) as both a LW and RW. I’m not sure how it counts dual classified players, C/LW & C/RW but it appears to also count them as both. It’s really sort of confusing. I’m confused by how my “legal” roster can switch to “illegal” when I have made no changes. 

I have 2-LW, 3-RW and 3-W (and 2 of those are dual classified as centers) but the system says I have 4-LW and 6-RW.

I'm not sure yet.  I looked quickly into the league settings, and it says your team are a$$h@!es.  :dunno

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, admo said:

Don't worry brotha @JJ Husker

As commish, I will look into this and rectify this motherf#&%er.  Until then, keep on skating, banging, checking, and slap sticking :horns

No problem. I switched a bench guy with an IR and cut a RW I didn’t really want. Half my team is IR eligible anyway :lol: This Covid crap is playing havoc with our super important fantasy league.

• Plus1 1

Made the following Roster adjustments

Center - from max limit of 3 to 5 (centers) on your roster

LW - from max limit of 4 to 6 (LWs)

RW - from max limit of 4 to 6 (RWs)

D - from max limit of 4 to 5 (Defensemen)

G- from max limit of 4 to 5 (Goalies)

IR - from 2 to 7 (may put up to 7 on IR because of covid if they are out)

• Plus1 1
36 minutes ago, admo said:

Made the following Roster adjustments

Center - from max limit of 3 to 5 (centers) on your roster

LW - from max limit of 4 to 6 (LWs)

RW - from max limit of 4 to 6 (RWs)

D - from max limit of 4 to 5 (Defensemen)

G- from max limit of 4 to 5 (Goalies)

IR - from 2 to 7 (may put up to 7 on IR because of covid if they are out)

WTF man, my team is illegeal now!?!?!

JK :lol:

• Haha 2

On 12/26/2021 at 2:43 PM, JJ Husker said:

@admo

I was glad you brought this up because it was driving me crazy.  So many times, like nearly every time I tried to add a free agent and send a player to waivers.  Hopefully we will be good the rest of the way. 

1 minute ago, admo said:

I was glad you brought this up because it was driving me crazy.  So many times, like nearly every time I tried to add a free agent and send a player to waivers.  Hopefully we will be good the rest of the way. 

:lol: I’ve noticed that some others rosters are still listed as illegal. And I have no clue why. Their roster numbers are all well within the limits. I guess it dont matter if you can still play the games.

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1
  • 3 weeks later...