ATH Vince Genatone [Montana Commit]

9 minutes ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

You have to wonder if all of these RBs come back next year. 

You would almost expect one to leave.  Scott being the obvious choice.  But I wouldn't be surprise if Stepp leaves either.

But we're already at 86 for next year, are looking at 4-5 more high school kids and probably some transfers.  So we're already counting on several early exits.  Just not sure how many.

37 minutes ago, Mavric said:

You would almost expect one to leave.  Scott being the obvious choice.  But I wouldn't be surprise if Stepp leaves either.

But we're already at 86 for next year, are looking at 4-5 more high school kids and probably some transfers.  So we're already counting on several early exits.  Just not sure how many.

They need to let that extra year of eligibility not count against scholarship limits. 

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, default_28 said:

Montana really wants this guy. I’m sure he has lots of FCS offers, but the Griz are hoping he wants free school over potential P5 play after a couple of walk-on years.

With the way the transfer portal is working, might as well go to Montana.  Try to do great, then transfer to P5.

• Plus1 1
  • 4 weeks later...

On 12/12/2021 at 7:15 PM, Wunderkind said:

With the way the transfer portal is working, might as well go to Montana.  Try to do great, then transfer to P5.

Montana seems to be a nice FCS Nebraska development grounds so why not. Samori Toure and now our new punter. They also got AJ Forbes from us a couple years back and he's been their starting Center since then. 

• Plus1 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • seaofred92 changed the title to ATH Vince Genatone [Montana Commit]

1 hour ago, Husker03 said:

Nebraska and 131 other teams. 

I fully admit I could be way too close to the sun here and my perspective is colored by seeing Genatone on the wrestling mat (where I'm always going to biased towards wrestlers) and on the track.  Dude is just a flat out stud athlete, top 1 or 2 in the state easily.  The good news is we get to see how this plays out and if Genatone turns out to be the 2nd coming, he'll have opportunities to transfer.

• Plus1 1
On 1/18/2022 at 11:47 AM, Xmas32 said:

I fully admit I could be way too close to the sun here and my perspective is colored by seeing Genatone on the wrestling mat (where I'm always going to biased towards wrestlers) and on the track.  Dude is just a flat out stud athlete, top 1 or 2 in the state easily.  The good news is we get to see how this plays out and if Genatone turns out to be the 2nd coming, he'll have opportunities to transfer.

In the words of every Star Wars character “I have a bad feeling about this!” Vince G is one of those hard nosed players every team needs. Very smart and athletic and unfortunately going to Montana not Nebraska.

• Plus1 1
  • 2 weeks later...