ATH Vince Genatone [Montana Commit]

5 minutes ago, Touchdown Tommie said:

Any idea if the Huskers are close to offering him? Is there space in this group? Seems pretty legit to me...

The big hang-up seems to be the small class size and they weren't planning to take any more linebackers.

We are said to be using the remaining defensive spots on defensive backs.  But given the relative lack of obvious options right now, it seems possible that we'll take one less DB than expected and offer Genatone instead.

38 minutes ago, Mavric said:

The big hang-up seems to be the small class size and they weren't planning to take any more linebackers.

We are said to be using the remaining defensive spots on defensive backs.  But given the relative lack of obvious options right now, it seems possible that we'll take one less DB than expected and offer Genatone instead.

Mav,  have you heard anything about the coaches offering a greyshirt with spots being limited? 

19 minutes ago, Stumpy1 said:

Mav,  have you heard anything about the coaches offering a greyshirt with spots being limited? 

I have not heard anything about any alternative plans.  

I would sure think we'd off him a "walk-on for a year then get a scholarship" plan like we've done for a few guys like Gifford or Reimer.  And maybe that is out there but I haven't heard anything about it.

3 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

Got it.  I see Genatone as a better "get".  What do you think?

The hype around Genetone seems to be bigger from fans. But Stenger is the better prospect to coaches/recruiting services if offers, ratings, etc are any indication. 

Stenger: P5 offers from KSU and Neb. Rated 87 3star by 247 (higher than Appleget). Allen Treiu stopped the the 247 board and said based on the film he's seen that rating could be going up. 

Genetone: No P5 offers, he camped at a lot of P5 schools too (KU, WashSt, Neb, KState, etc). No rating by 247. I also wonder if Genetone isn't closer to 5'11 than 6'1. 

* I wish we could get Genetone on board in some fashion. Maybe the Issac Gifford 1-year walk on offer. Couldn't play that game with Stenger when he has P5 offers. 

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, Warrior10 said:

The hype around Genetone seems to be bigger from fans. But Stenger is the better prospect to coaches/recruiting services if offers, ratings, etc are any indication. 

Stenger: P5 offers from KSU and Neb. Rated 87 3star by 247 (higher than Appleget). Allen Treiu stopped the the 247 board and said based on the film he's seen that rating could be going up. 

Genetone: No P5 offers, he camped at a lot of P5 schools too (KU, WashSt, Neb, KState, etc). No rating by 247. I also wonder if Genetone isn't closer to 5'11 than 6'1. 

* I wish we could get Genetone on board in some fashion. Maybe the Issac Gifford 1-year walk on offer. Couldn't play that game with Stenger when he has P5 offers. 

I’d love to greyshirt him if possible. I just think kids like this are such an asset to DONU- versatile athlete that can come in and do a variety of things for us. Even if he winds up doing what Buford and Sanford are doing for us now on special teams he’d be worth the scholarship IMO. This is going to be a small class and I get they don’t want to “waste” scholarships but… we’ve got 9 commitments thus far. Once they figure out who (if anyone) is coming back next year and the scholarship picture becomes more clear, I’d like to hope he’s in line to get an offer.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Word is Genatone is actually not quite six feet tall.  So Stenger is 2+ inches taller which may have swung the decision Stenger's way. 

Huskers still recruiting Genatone and would like to get him here but it will probably be as a walk-on at this point.

You have to wonder if all of these RBs come back next year. 

• seaofred92 changed the title to ATH Vince Genatone [Montana Commit]