Michigan message Boards

6 hours ago, cornhuskers4ever said:

Looking at a Michigan message board to see if there is any smack talk about Nebraska or the "co-holders National Championship whining"  

Found so far... the subjects are...

So blue pants for the Nebraska game?

and 

Looking ahead to Nebraska

Submitted by Moleskyn on October 3rd, 2021 at 7:39 AM

Next weekend will be under the lights in Lincoln. I'm expecting to get Nebraska's best effort, so I was watching them a bit last night against northwestern. A few thoughts based off their game last night, and their schedule so far:

• They run the ball a ton, and they use the option. Requires discipline to defend.
  • They ran for over 400 yards against northwestern last night (northwestern is in a down year, but that's still incredible).
  • Against MSU, they ran 50 times for 194 yards. Martinez also threw 34 times for 244.
  • Against Oklahoma, they ran 38 times for 95 yards. Oklahoma contained them well on the ground. Martinez threw for 289 on 25 attempts.
  • It seems to me that discipline will be the name of the game for the UM defense next week. Discipline to bottle up the option and discipline to not suck in on play action to get beat over the top. Martinez will make mistakes.
  • Oklahoma's offense was balanced against Nebraska's D: 35 runs for 194 yards, 34 passes for 214.
  • MSU ran 30 times for 71, and threw 23 times for 183. Despite Nebraska massively out-gaining MSU, Nebraska turned it over twice and gave up a punt return TD.
  • If UM's offensive gameplan is more Wisconsin than Rutgers, I don't see Nebraska's defense hanging on. That said, I think their defense is better than we probably think. I doubt UM will steamroll for 300+ yards on the ground.
  • I think we generally have a negative perception of Nebraska, but I think they are going to be tougher than we expected at the beginning of the season. With the added factor of the game being on the road, in front of a juiced-up UTL crowd, I expect another close game.

the Replies say more of the same. 

They know they are in for a fight.  and I see some respect for the Cornhuskers.

Are you copying off of my homework?

12 hours ago, cornhuskers4ever said:

Looking at a Michigan message board to see if there is any smack talk about Nebraska or the "co-holders National Championship whining"  

Found so far... the subjects are...

So blue pants for the Nebraska game?

and 

Looking ahead to Nebraska

Submitted by Moleskyn on October 3rd, 2021 at 7:39 AM

Next weekend will be under the lights in Lincoln. I'm expecting to get Nebraska's best effort, so I was watching them a bit last night against northwestern. A few thoughts based off their game last night, and their schedule so far:

• They run the ball a ton, and they use the option. Requires discipline to defend.
  • They ran for over 400 yards against northwestern last night (northwestern is in a down year, but that's still incredible).
  • Against MSU, they ran 50 times for 194 yards. Martinez also threw 34 times for 244.
  • Against Oklahoma, they ran 38 times for 95 yards. Oklahoma contained them well on the ground. Martinez threw for 289 on 25 attempts.
  • It seems to me that discipline will be the name of the game for the UM defense next week. Discipline to bottle up the option and discipline to not suck in on play action to get beat over the top. Martinez will make mistakes.
  • Oklahoma's offense was balanced against Nebraska's D: 35 runs for 194 yards, 34 passes for 214.
  • MSU ran 30 times for 71, and threw 23 times for 183. Despite Nebraska massively out-gaining MSU, Nebraska turned it over twice and gave up a punt return TD.
  • If UM's offensive gameplan is more Wisconsin than Rutgers, I don't see Nebraska's defense hanging on. That said, I think their defense is better than we probably think. I doubt UM will steamroll for 300+ yards on the ground.
  • I think we generally have a negative perception of Nebraska, but I think they are going to be tougher than we expected at the beginning of the season. With the added factor of the game being on the road, in front of a juiced-up UTL crowd, I expect another close game.

the Replies say more of the same. 

They know they are in for a fight.  and I see some respect for the Cornhuskers.

Bottling up the option? Not gonna happen this is Nebraska!! We win 70-7

• Oh Yeah! 2