Michigan message Boards

1 hour ago, Terrabus said:

I keep wanting to troll them by saying "Not the blue pants. We should wear the brown pants."

I'm confident that this will be our signature win.  Michigan has a reputation for shooting itself in the foot.  We are going to capitalize on that.  

Michigan has a reputation of shooting itself in the foot? I hate to to tell you but….

• Plus1 4
2 hours ago, Farms said:

Michigan has a reputation of shooting itself in the foot? I hate to to tell you but….

He’s not wrong. History has shown this. They haven’t played anybody decent this year yet. Untested. They may very well be walking into a buzz saw Saturday night. This is not the same Nebraska team they whipped a couple years ago.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

We start running the option again and just like that the fans of a top ten team are nervous abut coming into Lincoln and getting a win.

And they should be nervous. 

I know a lot of you have been traumatized the last few years and don't want to believe. I get it.  Don't worry, after Saturday it will be okay to believe again.

Nebraska 28

Michigan 10

• Oh Yeah! 5
3 hours ago, FTW said:

He’s not wrong. History has shown this. They haven’t played anybody decent this year yet. Untested.

Interesting if we're seen as a first test this year for Michigan.  Nebraska.. a big test for Michigan.  Old times come to mind with a couple of Florida teams.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

We start running the option again and just like that the fans of a top ten team are nervous abut coming into Lincoln and getting a win.

And they should be nervous. 

I know a lot of you have been traumatized the last few years and don't want to believe. I get it.  Don't worry, after Saturday it will be okay to believe again.

Nebraska 28

Michigan 10

Look who found their Prozac this week! Welcome aboard the Kool aid tastes fine!

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
  • Oh Yeah! 3

Hey all, mgoblog has an interesting piece scouting the Nebraska offense.

Fee Fi Foe Film: Nebraska Offense 2021

https://mgoblog.com/content/fee-fi-foe-film-nebraska-offense-2021#read-more

quote at the end:

What does this mean for Michigan? 

This is going to be quite the test for Michigan's ends. They didn't handle the read option game of Noah Vedral all that well against Rutgers, but that was a few weeks ago and it features much more prominently here. You have to believe that Mike Macdonald has spent the entire week in practice drilling the read option into the heads of his defensive linemen. Still, it will be interesting to see how some of the younger linemen (Mike Morris and David Ojabo notably) handle this more mental component of the game. 

Building off of that, the game needs to be won on the defensive line for Michigan. We talked about the pass protection struggles in general and with two first or second year offensive tackles starting for UNL, the Wolverines need to follow up last week's dominant pass rushing performance with another monstrous effort. If they can get into the backfield with regularity, it will disrupt Martinez's rhythm, and also go a long way towards blowing up the run game. Remember, Nebraska wants to run the ball more than they want to throw it, so getting a lead on offense and then forcing them into passing situations, where Ojabo and Hutchinson should feast, is pivotal. Winning the battle of the line of scrimmage and forcing the Huskers into longer downs is another way to make Nebraska have to pass.

Putting Nebraska into those uncomfortable situations should be the prime objective on Saturday and everything else will break down after that. This is a team with rather unremarkable receivers and running backs, but a QB who is really dangerous. Winning up front and bothering that QB will go a long way towards bottling up Nebraska's offense. 

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, observer3 said:

Hey all, mgoblog has an interesting piece scouting the Nebraska offense.

Fee Fi Foe Film: Nebraska Offense 2021

https://mgoblog.com/content/fee-fi-foe-film-nebraska-offense-2021#read-more

quote at the end:

What does this mean for Michigan? 

This is going to be quite the test for Michigan's ends. They didn't handle the read option game of Noah Vedral all that well against Rutgers, but that was a few weeks ago and it features much more prominently here. You have to believe that Mike Macdonald has spent the entire week in practice drilling the read option into the heads of his defensive linemen. Still, it will be interesting to see how some of the younger linemen (Mike Morris and David Ojabo notably) handle this more mental component of the game. 

Building off of that, the game needs to be won on the defensive line for Michigan. We talked about the pass protection struggles in general and with two first or second year offensive tackles starting for UNL, the Wolverines need to follow up last week's dominant pass rushing performance with another monstrous effort. If they can get into the backfield with regularity, it will disrupt Martinez's rhythm, and also go a long way towards blowing up the run game. Remember, Nebraska wants to run the ball more than they want to throw it, so getting a lead on offense and then forcing them into passing situations, where Ojabo and Hutchinson should feast, is pivotal. Winning the battle of the line of scrimmage and forcing the Huskers into longer downs is another way to make Nebraska have to pass.

Putting Nebraska into those uncomfortable situations should be the prime objective on Saturday and everything else will break down after that. This is a team with rather unremarkable receivers and running backs, but a QB who is really dangerous. Winning up front and bothering that QB will go a long way towards bottling up Nebraska's offense. 

Not sure I agree that we have "unremarkable receivers...."  But, OK.

It is important for Nebraska to finish drives early in the game.  If we come out in the first quarter and have several 3 and outs, it's not going to be a good day.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1