Who will Win? Huskers vs Michigan - Poll

Who will win  

88 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ok, thought I'd start this poll early this week as this seems to be a very complex and critical matchup. 

So many questions to be answered by the outcome.  

Does Scott get his signature win?  Would this qualify?

Will last week prove us to be a pretender or a contender?

Is Michigan a pretender based on their schedule thus far?

How much have we progressed since the 2018 game?

Will we do the Thunderstruck thing between 3rd & 4th quarters? :dunno

I have a hard time predicting this one.  The homer in me says Nebraska by 7 but the cautious side of me says it could be a Michigan win by 10. 

I'm going to go with the homer perspective for these reasons:

1.  Our team seems to believe in itself & the confidence level seems to be at a 10 year high.  

2. The Offense finally had all of its weapons available against NW and that made for good practice prep for this game. 

It seemed to play with rhythm & tempo that we hadn't seen before but what we had hoped for since 2018.  

3. Our D has shown for 3 weeks in a row that it can play at a high level against good talent. 

4. Our ST didn't hurt us last week.

5.  Michigan hasn't played the competition we have played.

6. The game is at home and the crowd will be loud

The unit that I think stands out and I hope stands out is our D.  Michigan has a harassingly D and may give our young OL fits upfront - especially when we are passing.

Scott Frost needs to counter the pass rush with some creative play calling.  

So, I hope our D shuts down their offense to give our offense the ball more often.  I don't expect a high scoring game and we will need the ball as much as possible to

overcome the obstacles Michigan puts in front of them. 

I think Yant should start at RB.  Need to pound them hard right off the bat.  

• Plus1 1
  • Oh Yeah! 1

Huskers by 7

Offense

Johnson

I believe it's going to be a tough close game.  I like our run defense against their run first offense.  So, the game will be won if our offense can eat up clock and score.

I liked what I saw of Yant.  But, I think Johnson still gives us a better option at RB for this game.  Now, if he struggles, Yant could come in and be a bigger back breaking tackles for yards.

I'll be disappointed with any loss. But, I'll only be upset if we get blown out....or, we could have won it it weren't for some stupid mistake like the MSU game.

• Plus1 3

Johnson and Yant could be our next Thunder & Lightning - except with Rahmir as the Lightning. 

Start Johnson. They'll have to run their butts off to catch him. Then bring in Yant and let them tackle him for a while. 

I think Michigan's defense is going to be key. They're good. Really good. We've had one good offensive game against a weaker opponent. Our revamped Line is going to have trouble with the Michigan front. Martinez won't have all day in the pocket again. 

I think Michigan wins by 7. I think we play them tough, but we're still learning how to win. Michigan seems further along right now.

• Plus1 3

51 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Johnson and Yant could be our next Thunder & Lightning - except with Rahmir as the Lightning. 

Start Johnson. They'll have to run their butts off to catch him. Then bring in Yant and let them tackle him for a while. 

I think Michigan's defense is going to be key. They're good. Really good. We've had one good offensive game against a weaker opponent. Our revamped Line is going to have trouble with the Michigan front. Martinez won't have all day in the pocket again. 

I think Michigan wins by 7. I think we play them tough, but we're still learning how to win. Michigan seems further along right now.

I like that 1 - 2 punch of Johson/Yant   True, Johnson hopefully tuckers them out and Yant knocks them out.

Your comment about Michigan D plays into my cautious side that I mentioned in the OP(mich win by 10) .  Can our OL grow up and protect AM enough for our O to make a difference?   

We win 1997-0 running only I-formation power run and a little option sprinkled in.

58 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Realistically I'm here, though I think we can keep it within 3. A few bounces go our way and we could head into Sunday with a signature win.

-Rahmir should start at RB.

-I voted Husker ST, though I do believe offense is equally important.

-Michigan by 3, though I hope I'm wrong and we make a huge turn this week.

Huskers by 7 or less

Neb offense

Johnson

If we don’t beat ourselves, I think Nebraska can win a tight one. Barring unimaginable ST gaffes, our O vs their D should tell the story. I think our D can manage their O well enough to win. The key will be if we can move the ball and sticks on them.

I don’t think the starting RB really matters. Johnson and Yant will get their touches and likely so will the other two. Just stick with who is having the most (if any) success.

This could really go either way, but I think Michigan's defense is probably the best overall unit in this game. NW is not only pretty bad this year, I think we caught them completely off guard with the game plan - we need to do that again. I like the matchup for our defense. Rutgers and Wisconsin showed the Michigan running game isn't unstoppable, and I like our secondary more than Wisky's tbh.

So if we play clean, I think we can pull it out. But if we turn it over 2-3 times and hand them short fields, they could run away with it. The OL looked a lot better last week, but if we go down a couple scores they will tee off on Martinez.

1 hour ago, Husker in WI said:

but if we go down a couple scores they will tee off on Martinez.

what I hope doesn't happen.   I think we can keep up with them and win a close game if we don't do stupid things and give then the short field and easy scores. 

5 hours ago, knapplc said:

I agree with all of this.

I'm hopeful but full of trepidation. I'm going to wait and see if Nebraska can string together multiple games in a row of mistake free football before I predict them to win.

Michigan wins 20-27, as Nebraska has more penalty yards, gives up a few more sacks and a costly turnover doom them in a game they out gain Michigan in yardage.

I'm really looking forward to this game. Last week was impressive but NW was pretty bad so I have a hard time thinking everything has been corrected and is peachy from what we saw the first 5 games. Got to believe some of the old habits will return when they face a team with a pulse and lots of talent. I'm thinking it with be within 7 points either way but wouldn't be shocked if Mich wins by 14 or more. But I thought last week would be close so what do I know.

• Plus1 1